Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 35. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 23, 2014, 08:39:49 PM
Safe to declare this coin dead and our money gone?  Poloniex is hurting my soul. Fuck you devs. There's no other way to feel about it right now. You're doing a MTGOX/Mark Karpeles , staying silent when things are at their worst.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 23, 2014, 08:18:40 PM
Hey guys/gals, maybe there is silence because it is Sunday.

http://www.ststravel.com/2014-college-spring-break-dates
University of Chicago Mar 16 - Mar 23, 2014.

seems they were able to post during vacations these last days (as long as they have something to dump, people'll be kept in wait state obviously  )
can't wait for the next joke à la "we didn't expect that algo blabla was so hard to implement yadda yadda, stay strong, we promise you'll enjoy gold baths in some days"  Tongue
at least in those old hyip days, crooks just left without crappy storytellng most of the time,
you knew straight when you lost your ponzi bet, didn't expect all that altcoin(s) bullshit would make us feel nostalgic for that era  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2014, 07:57:17 PM
Hey guys/gals, maybe there is silence because it is Sunday. No school on Sundays. If we want "educated" on this coin, maybe we have to wait until Monday.

By the way, this is another humor attempt by me. Let's get the mood lightened around here. Let's have a campfire, and sing some songs, roast some marshmallows, fire up a blunt if that is your thing. I personally might pour myself a Captain and Coke and sit back and enjoy the show. All the while watching my investment in this coin shrivel up and whither away.

LOL, I have to say this is hilarious in a cathartic way. It is disconcerting that there is silence. Has anyone tried PM'ing any of them lately?
Activity: 281
March 23, 2014, 07:53:43 PM
Hey guys/gals, maybe there is silence because it is Sunday. No school on Sundays. If we want "educated" on this coin, maybe we have to wait until Monday.

By the way, this is another humor attempt by me. Let's get the mood lightened around here. Let's have a campfire, and sing some songs, roast some marshmallows, fire up a blunt if that is your thing. I personally might pour myself a Captain and Coke and sit back and enjoy the show. All the while watching my investment in this coin shrivel up and whither away.
legendary
March 23, 2014, 07:46:14 PM
The amount of rationalizing in this thread is hilariously pathetic. Comparing this coin to bitcoin is like comparing a faulty toyota camry to the first engine ever made.

These guys made claims of weekly 5 % rises and threw in economic buzz words so suddenly they are intelligent? The first post I made here was waiting for proof of identity not some fucking stupid picture of printed name on campus scenery. What are they scared of?

The fact that "University of Chicago" is one of the selling points of this coin is laughable in and of itself seeing as how these kids have refused to identify themselves.

People who put in substantial sums into this coin and lost 70% have EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to demand answers or leave and you cunts back patting the devs for their silence are just sticking your heads in the sand.

There is no trading algorithm neither is there any stabilization module. All that has happened is a coin was launched and is slowly biting the dust. Until the devs identify themselves and provide tangible proof of their claims, people will steer clear from this coin. So again, keep on with the dev fellatio.

I agree. these people (hughjays77 especially, but others) are like little NAZIs running around and policing dissent.

Saying "you are mad as hell and I don't blame you" is probably what the gestapo said as they dragged people to concentration camps. Just chill with the retoric. Every person you are accusing of being a "nazi" has acknowledged your concerns and I have not seen one person invalidate them. You seem to be the one using the "fuck you cunts" type of confrontational language that will really get you nowhere. "buzz words" and "anonymous" I get it and I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH the points that you are trying to make, but I am having to wade through a bunch of points that seem to be stuck on repeat. We hear you and despite the aggressive language you are using, I too do not hold it against you. You do have every right to be upset. But let's acknowledge that many of the current complaints about whether or not a trading algo exists or whether or not they should be anonymous were all factors that you had a chance to ponder BEFORE you invested. These are not new risk factors. I am interested in hearing what you have to say with regards to what improvements you would like to see. It seems the devs are in agreement that much has to be done to fix things, but I can see where people are going to inevitably disagree with how to get there. Since you do seem to have made some relevant observations, do yourself a service and don't let them get muddled up in-between lines of misdirected rage.
Activity: 308
March 23, 2014, 07:40:12 PM
You can't even stabilize at 0.001 devs? Hope you're coming out with something big.

the "big" thing is a promise they could finally fill :

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 895
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2014, 06:36:59 PM
let more and more coin creative.than let bitcoin die Grin
Activity: 284
March 23, 2014, 06:34:48 PM
The amount of rationalizing in this thread is hilariously pathetic. Comparing this coin to bitcoin is like comparing a faulty toyota camry to the first engine ever made.

These guys made claims of weekly 5 % rises and threw in economic buzz words so suddenly they are intelligent? The first post I made here was waiting for proof of identity not some fucking stupid picture of printed name on campus scenery. What are they scared of?

The fact that "University of Chicago" is one of the selling points of this coin is laughable in and of itself seeing as how these kids have refused to identify themselves.

People who put in substantial sums into this coin and lost 70% have EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to demand answers or leave and you cunts back patting the devs for their silence are just sticking your heads in the sand.

There is no trading algorithm neither is there any stabilization module. All that has happened is a coin was launched and is slowly biting the dust. Until the devs identify themselves and provide tangible proof of their claims, people will steer clear from this coin. So again, keep on with the dev fellatio.

I agree. these people (hughjays77 especially, but others) are like little NAZIs running around and policing dissent.

Any question is considered against the state.

If the questions were, you know, just answered, then that might take pressure off those SS types responsible for keeping a "happy" face on things.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 23, 2014, 06:33:40 PM
I think aircoin is missing the necessary miners community. They completely ignore miners and miners is what you need to get a healthy coin. They have a nice plan from investor's perspective but they completely ignore miners. I consider Blackcoin a better version of AIR, because they actually use all the mining power, to get a big pool of cash to control the market, instead of using premine. This is a BIG thing. I think blackcoin can be VERY successful. a collab between AIR and BC would probably be an extremely good coin as it has both good factors combined. BC could use the controlling market strategy of AIR. Look at BC's open beta pool. It has 150 miners already, and is still in CLOSED beta. Imagine 1000-2000 miners. The pool would have HUGE buying power and the price of BC will go up to the extreme. This pool keeps filling up nonstop and can keep the market super healthy. AIR's pool will eventually run out if they cannot increase the price.

Is this supposed to be funny? Miners kill coins. The more of them there are the worse it is.

Just take a quick look at all of those 1 satoshi and less coins. They were filled with miners talking about "community" and "long-term" and "publicity" and "exchanges" and "coinmarketcap".

Now, look at those same pages once the coin became listed and the miners had a few days to dump. Silence.

No more "community" talk or anything else. Like locusts, they came and stripped the coins of any hope. Once it was over they were on to the next coin.

Hey, don't blame the miners, they are what gives any coin value:
little miners = low diff + higher output of coins per miner > miners sell for profit and will sell it down unless there are investors backing it
and with the # of alt coins popping onto the scene every day, either the coin has to create a large community with innovation. This coin did, but it has only done so in text. So I hope it goes beyond that and actually materialize as I bought a small holding of AIR since its at such a low price ATM.
Activity: 126
March 23, 2014, 06:31:51 PM
please put in a sell order at 0.0006btc at a qty over 2000AIR. You are as mad as hell and I dont blame you

Have you thought that maybe perhaps it is a couple of traders trying to play the market? I have no reason to believe its the devs algorithm. Why would the algorithm close the spread and not buy up the price to their initial base price? It doesn't make sense.

Secondly, the coin is 95 percent premined. You do not premine a coin, demand anonimity and claim transparency. That's a crock of shit. If you don't want to have your name plastered beside your creation then don't fucking ask people to trust you or put money into it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 23, 2014, 06:23:07 PM
please put in a sell order at 0.0006btc at a qty over 2000AIR. You are as mad as hell and I dont blame you

Activity: 658
March 23, 2014, 06:21:58 PM
Posted this as an edit to my last post, but don't want it to be missed:

The missing ingredient is a genuine media push. I know many are saying that any offers from the media should br refused - this is madness, you can't usually pick and choose when yoiu are going to get coverage, the media loses interest in things very quickly. If any approaches are made they must be accepted, strike while the iron is hot.

Equally, starting a media campaign now would not necessarily have instant results and a perpetually falling graph will negate much of the benefit of any media exposure. Readers are going to ask "if it's so good, why has the price done nothing but fall?"

This is now crucial, every delay with the falling price will make being taken seriously more difficult.

This issue hasn't really been tackled by the devs at all and they did make specific promises about it on day one, so I'm at a loss to explain why.

I have extensive, front line national newspaper experience - I worked for them for 20 years and have a genuine understanding of how the media works, so it would be nice to have a conversation about this.

I agree with this sentiment, have you PM'd the devs about this?

No, as I type this there are 146 pms in my inbox and I have no reason to think they will get dealt with any time soon Grin I lose enough time on the threads without being drawn into private arguments as well.
March 23, 2014, 06:19:52 PM

Just on a personal level, I completely understand people wanting to remain anonymous. I would refuse any project regardless of reward if it meant I had to have a significant public presence. I'm just saying there are perfectly reasonable explanations for remaining anonymous, it doesn't mean you have to be a crook.

However, in this case, I think they are going to have to put a face to Aircoin sooner rather than later.

On another note, if there is no trading algorithm, no airbot, just what are they talking to the darkcoin devs about?
Activity: 126
March 23, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

March 23, 2014, 06:05:25 PM
Its impossible for you to piss me off. Im too happy  Roll Eyes Man up !
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pharrellwilliams/happy.html

You are just not a reliable .source of information especially with your constant whining..'Aircoin - Proteus' is a part of the Aircoin team and that has been well established. You think the coding is been done by robot  Roll Eyes

Can you imagine if you were on the main Bitcoin threads in 2011 & 2012.....$0.05 to $6.00 then back to 0.03 then up to $21 then back to $0.90....up 1000's of % then crashes of over 97%. You would have been worse than a teenage girl on her period. Just man up and stay or the course or pull the plug and leave   Cool

Oh, I see. I call you out on a baseless accusation and you decide to tell me to "man up". Do you feel better now?

I am unclear why asking questions of developers -- who asked for questions(!) is, how did you put it, "worse than a teenage girl".

If blind faith is all you need, maybe I can scrounge up some PANDA or something and sell it to you for a "fair" price.

But, I have bad news for you a--hole. I am not going anywhere and even if I do sell the coin, I am going to stick around just to piss you off.

Now go give your cheering section-no-questions-asked wonderful personality back to the Rabbitcoin forum or whatever other gutter you came from.

legendary
March 23, 2014, 06:02:02 PM

The missing ingredient is a genuine media push. I know many are saying that any offers from the media should br refused - this is madness, you can't usually pick and choose when yoiu are going to get coverage, the media loses interest in things very quickly. If any approaches are made they must be accepted, strike while the iron is hot.

Equally, starting a media campaign now would not necessarily have instant results and a perpetually falling graph will negate much of the benefit of any media exposure. Readers are going to ask "if it's so good, why has the price done nothing but fall?"

This is now crucial, every delay with the falling price will make being taken seriously more difficult.

This issue hasn't really been tackled by the devs at all and they did make specific promises about it on day one, so I'm at a loss to explain why.

I have extensive, front line national newspaper experience - I worked for them for 20 years and have a genuine understanding of how the media works, so it would be nice to have a conversation about this.

I agree with this sentiment, have you PM'd the devs about this?
Activity: 284
March 23, 2014, 05:59:37 PM
You are just not a reliable .source of information especially with your constant whining..'Aircoin - Proteus' is a part of the Aircoin team and that has been well established. You think the coding is been done by robot  Roll Eyes

Can you imagine if you were on the main Bitcoin threads in 2011 & 2012.....$0.05 to $6.00 then back to 0.03 then up to $21 then back to $0.90....up 1000's of % then crashes of over 97%. You would have been worse than a teenage girl on her period. Just man up and stay or the course or pull the plug and leave   Cool

Oh, I see. I call you out on a baseless accusation and you decide to tell me to "man up". Do you feel better now?

I am unclear why asking questions of developers -- who asked for questions(!) is, how did you put it, "worse than a teenage girl".

If blind faith is all you need, maybe I can scrounge up some PANDA or something and sell it to you for a "fair" price.

But, I have bad news for you a--hole. I am not going anywhere and even if I do sell the coin, I am going to stick around just to piss you off.

Now go give your cheering section-no-questions-asked wonderful personality back to the Rabbitcoin forum or whatever other gutter you came from.
March 23, 2014, 05:58:59 PM

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 23, 2014, 05:56:41 PM
Yes, the notion that this is a scam defies logic because a scam kinda has to result in gains for the said "scammer."

yeah that's a REALLY good point

pretty bad scam when the devs have made like... what.. a bitcoin or two tops? LOL
March 23, 2014, 05:55:03 PM
It has none of the hallmarks of a scam. With the intelligence of these guys they could have had the price at 0.1btc on 2-3 exchanges within a week[ capital cost of scam 100btc {5mins effort from an underworld figure or weekly trust fund payout}]..continuing upwards for a month or so with a Bloomberg interview,etc,etc then 'pull the plug' cashing out from 2btc all the way down to 0.00000001 satoshi. We all would be so 'rich' that we wouldnt notice until 0.00003btc or so  Grin

To settle any fears about potentially mining with X11 algo, when you say that his VRM failed I am assuming this would be only if the voltage was unlocked? My cards are all locked by default and if I don't touch this I should be in the clear, right?

nothing to do with unlocking voltage, just a broken piece of hardware on your GPU.

VRM = voltage regulation module

if it regulates it wrong, the card can die.

that's the most logical reason the card managed to burn up so fast.

also, holy crap this is a lot of baseless speculation o_o

Yup, the trolls smell blood again.

I'm still pretty confident of most of their claims, I suspect that this hasn't been the cakewalk they were hoping for, but it is very, very early days for something so new.

If this is a scam, it has been a very comprehensive one - it would be an impressive one. Surely, if they were scammers, they would only be too happy to pump the price as has been suggested and keen to get it on more exchanges? Anything to get the price up to allow them to dump asap. Compared to 99% of alts (which are scams) this seems quite genuine

Equally, this collaboration with the darkcoin devs, wouldn't that be dangerous? Wouldn't other devs smell a rat quite quickly?

Anyway, I'm not saying this is completely legit, but I can't find anything else that seems more on the level.
Pages:
Jump to: