Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] altcoinplex.com - A new hedgemining, auto-exchanging pool - page 10. (Read 12677 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
- I think system should add some megahash for 10-block-timeframe and then count the number of solved blocks and orphans and decide based on that
- That's a good one, but as long as the goal is to make profit from coins, this should not concern
- I think if system can find a working megahash for specific coin that is x% profitable, we can limit it to find N blocks per hour/day.

They're all valid points, but the issue with these parameters is that they are constantly changing, like a moving goalpost. What works today on this coin may not necessarily be the same tomorrow. That is why modelling it is so difficult to get right, and we need to constantly optimize the parameters.

Our belief at altcoinplex is that even as we strive to get the best returns for our miners, it is also our social responsibility to ensure that we do not cause any detrimental effects to the coins that we mine. Maximizing short-term returns by significantly increasing the network hash rate and then stopping it altogether may cause certain smaller coins to suffer irreparable damages which is something we do not want.

BTW, thanks for your work, just wanted to share my suggestions, maybe helpful.

Thanks for sharing them!

Can i mine on pool now or i should wait for next opening ?

You can mine anytime! Simply follow the instructions by altcoinplex in the first post to connect to us. We do our payouts daily at between 0000hrs to 0200hrs, +0800GMT, and you can track your estimated payout for the day at our stats page.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
- How many KH/s do we point to the smaller coins so that they will not be overwhelmed?
- What percentage of their network hash rate should we cap ourselves at?
- Is there sufficient liquidity in the different exchanges for us to convert to other coins?
- Will we cause a significant dip in the exchange rate with our volume?

- I think system should add some megahash for 10-block-timeframe and then count the number of solved blocks and orphans and decide based on that
- That's a good one, but as long as the goal is to make profit from coins, this should not concern
- I think if system can find a working megahash for specific coin that is x% profitable, we can limit it to find N blocks per hour/day.

BTW, thanks for your work, just wanted to share my suggestions, maybe helpful.
and 1question,

Can i mine on pool now or i should wait for next opening ?
If u can use your inteligent proxy to throw enough KH to small coin's, you can take advantage of them too while big multipool's can't. Big pools throws all of their mining power to coin, therefore they cannot mine small coins who has very big profitability.

I suggest that add more coins to your monitor system specially those coins that big multipools cant mine because of their big mining power.

This is the design and purpose of our system. During our initial testing and alpha testing phase, we'd realise there are a lot of delicate balancing to be dealt with, i.e.

- How many KH/s do we point to the smaller coins so that they will not be overwhelmed?
- What percentage of their network hash rate should we cap ourselves at?
- Is there sufficient liquidity in the different exchanges for us to convert to other coins?
- Will we cause a significant dip in the exchange rate with our volume?

These are questions that we are working on and fine-tuning every day, and while we do not claim to have the perfect solution, we are optimizing it consistently to provide the best possible returns for our miners.

and add more stats please. specially BTC/Mh/Day history.

WIP as we speak! We're preparing for a beta launch next week, or following, with more stats and BTC/MH/Day is on top of that list.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
If u can use your inteligent proxy to throw enough KH to small coin's, you can take advantage of them too while big multipool's can't. Big pools throws all of their mining power to coin, therefore they cannot mine small coins who has very big profitability.

I suggest that add more coins to your monitor system specially those coins that big multipools cant mine because of their big mining power.

and add more stats please. specially BTC/Mh/Day history.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
got both my rigs pointed there for the day.

sounds, good! I'll throw some kh at it

Thank you for mining with us! :-) We hope you won't be disappointed!

jrrsparkles
sounds, good! I'll throw some kh at it

thx
what is your profitability against ltc? for example clevermining is reporting 83% from their autoswitching, curious to know how you compare.

cad_cdn,

Using this mining calculator provided by coinwarz, with 1000kh/s, the estimated expected daily earnings is about 0.00966201 at the current rates.

Given our rate is ~ 0.0144, that will be a ratio of 1.49, or 149% for the past day.
With the day before yesterday's rate at ~ 0.017, that will be a ratio of 1.75, or 175% for that day.
what is your profitability against ltc? for example clevermining is reporting 83% from their autoswitching, curious to know how you compare.

cad_cdn,

Using this mining calculator provided by coinwarz, with 1000kh/s, the estimated expected daily earnings is about 0.00966201 at the current rates.

Given our rate is ~ 0.0144, that will be a ratio of 1.49, or 149% for the past day.
With the day before yesterday's rate at ~ 0.017, that will be a ratio of 1.75, or 175% for that day.
Not a bad payout day today either @ ~ 0.0144 BTC / MH , using becks619 link above as a reference!

Cheers and happy mining guys! We're looking to launch a new version of our website in the near future with more stats and charts!
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Thanks everyone for supporting us and continue to support us.

We are working on improving our system in the meantime.

Happy mining!
Thanks for everyone's patience and to those who are sticking it out with us!

Seems like we had a good payout today! ~0.017 BTC / MH / 24hrs!

Cheers and happy mining!
Hi altcoinplex, thks for the great service!

becks619, thanks for sticking it out with us! There's been a dire lack of updates as we have been focused on completely rewriting our payouts/coin exchange modules and making our existing stack stable. We have just rolled out the new updates over the past week and been tweaking it continuously.

Thanks for your feedback!
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi altcoinplex, thks for the great service!

I’ve been mining the past few days on altcoinplex, noticed their payout is quite good compared to other services that I've tried over the past few weeks, my stats are @ http://stats.altcoinplex.com/users/bitcoin/1MjNG9pGippwTSHraPnB1MBKwjr4q2ykiY.html
Activity: 9
I have just pushed out another update that fixes it.

Glad to be of help. Cheesy And yup, that seems to fix it!
As for the errors, unfortunately they are still occuring randomly:

Uxstack, thanks for that specific debug message! You helped us zero-in on the bug! It was related to the size of one of our buffers.
I have just pushed out another update that fixes it.
Hi jrrsparkles,

Good to know that the servers are keeping healthy. Grin

As for the errors, unfortunately they are still occuring randomly:

cudaminer complains twice in a row now, previously was just one line.
[2014-01-27 08:13:17] JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near end of file
[2014-01-27 08:13:17] JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near end of file

minerd gives a specific error now, instead of just saying "failed"
[2014-01-27 08:13:17] stratum_recv_line failed to parse a newline-terminated string
[2014-01-27 08:13:17] Stratum connection interrupted

Times are GMT+0800. This is on a Win 7 SP1 machine.
Server getting overwhelmed? Undecided

It was an issue with one of our backends. I've pushed a fixed for it. Do let us know if you're still encountering it.

We're constantly monitoring server load across our machines to ensure the servers are not overworked.  Wink

Thks for trying us out!  Grin
I've been receiving occasional work block errors in the last hour or so... on average, maybe once every two minutes? The earlier 8 hours was perfectly fine.

On cudaminer:
JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near end of file

On cpuminer/minerd:
stratum_recv_line failed
Stratum connection interrupted

Server getting overwhelmed? Undecided
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Hi greenhorn and uxstack,

Thanks for informing us.

We realise the issue with the stats part.

Will keep you guys posted.
Activity: 20
I think i'm going to mine somewhere else for now, untill things are a bit clearer. Tongue
I will keep an eye on this thread though, i might return to this pool...

cheers!

Keep us posted on any new developments, uxstack!
Pages:
Jump to: