Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] altcoinplex.com - A new hedgemining, auto-exchanging pool - page 9. (Read 12677 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Hi everyone, another round of payouts for tonight has just come and gone... our payout for today is ~0.01113 BTC /mh

Thanks for mining with us!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Please add some new coins
Thanks for the reply. So basically if payout per mh was 0.015 for example I couldn't multiply by 5 (5Mh rig) to get approximate payout for the day?

That's one of the reasons why it is so hard to predict/estimate the amount of btc/mh/day for most pools like ours.

The most accurate way we have found, is to use several mining machines with ~1mh/sec hashing power (as reported by cgminer) and average their payout as our benchmark. Which is what we have been doing for the past couple of days.

Our difficulty is compounded by the fact that our pool of miners are constantly mining different coins, and there are too many variables to take into consideration, e.g. will the exchange rate differ significantly from the block's maturity until it is sent and traded on the exchanged, orphaned blocks etc.

For a safer alternative, I'd recommend you allocate a portion of your hashpower with us, for a day or two, to see our payouts before committing your entire hash power. I apologise that we are unable to provide you with more accurate estimates at this point!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi just pointed 5.2Mh/s at your pool. Stats page only showing 3.3Mh/s, is this normal, I have very low rejects, shouldn't it show a bit higher?

Hi MikkaMK, thanks for mining with us!

As mentioned below to another poster, the stats are a little off as we cannot know precisely the hash rate of each miner. Our estimates are based off the amount of shares submitted and difficulty your client has submitted during the sampling interval. Do take it as a rough gauge, and not a precise figure.

Our payouts are calculated based on the amount of accepted shares and difficulty each client has submitted during the payout interval in a PPLNS/proportional hybrid payout method to ensure each miner gets their payout in relation to the pool performance as a whole.

I hope this clarifies your query!

Thanks for the reply. So basically if payout per mh was 0.015 for example I couldn't multiply by 5 (5Mh rig) to get approximate payout for the day?
Hi just pointed 5.2Mh/s at your pool. Stats page only showing 3.3Mh/s, is this normal, I have very low rejects, shouldn't it show a bit higher?

Hi MikkaMK, thanks for mining with us!

As mentioned below to another poster, the stats are a little off as we cannot know precisely the hash rate of each miner. Our estimates are based off the amount of shares submitted and difficulty your client has submitted during the sampling interval. Do take it as a rough gauge, and not a precise figure.

Our payouts are calculated based on the amount of accepted shares and difficulty each client has submitted during the payout interval in a PPLNS/proportional hybrid payout method to ensure each miner gets their payout in relation to the pool performance as a whole.

I hope this clarifies your query!
Activity: 9
I am averaging 0.02btc a day for the last 2 months at 1.45Mh/s.
From what I see in the reports your system does still not beat this?

Wow! That's a very good average! Based on a miner with ~1.45MH/s rate at our pool, our today's payout was ~0.01674.

I am interested in a different multipool due to the quick changes between blocks. I don't know how it works under the hood but this is how it looks.

You get the point. I get the feeling that i spend more time not getting any hashes out before a new block is due. It doesn't bother me though since I get a great return / MH/s anyways.

Do you have any feedback on this?

best of luck!

I can't say much about that without more detailed information, but it appears the coin your multipool is mining tend to have very short block times, which shouldn't be an issue since everyone mining that coin will encounter the same scenario as yourself. There are a several situations that can cause this, e.g. a sudden significant increase in network hash rate for the coin, common when multipools mine obscure and smaller coins, which causes the pool overwhelming effect I mentioned earlier.

Nonetheless, it shouldn't adversely affect your mining significantly.
Another night, another round of payouts... today's payout is ~0.0111 BTC / MH / day.

Cheers and happy mining guys!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
I really like the honesty of you guys and I like what your pool stands for, creds to you guys!

I am averaging 0.02btc a day for the last 2 months at 1.45Mh/s.

From what I see in the reports your system does still not beat this?

I am interested in a different multipool due to the quick changes between blocks. I don't know how it works under the hood but this is how it looks.

New block detected
new block detected
new block detected
2.1k/1048 accepted from GPU 0
new block detected
new block detected
1.1k/1048 accepted from GPU 0
85/64 accepted from GPU 1
new block detected

You get the point. I get the feeling that i spend more time not getting any hashes out before a new block is due. It doesn't bother me though since I get a great return / MH/s anyways.

Do you have any feedback on this?

best of luck!
Activity: 4
10 Hours of mining so far. Going well, gona test it for the next 2 days and compare with what other people are getting.

Upgrade to a more detailed stats that you're working on will really be more helpful.

http://stats.altcoinplex.com/users/bitcoin/1PSiDy8kP2yrRUCuqSXZ2orEUJ93CQcgMg.html
The one-time payout has been sent by our system.

Once again, my apologies for the error!
Activity: 4
Gona try this in a bit see how it compares to wafflepool
Dear miners,

Since our latest round of payout about 4 hours ago, we have noticed the poor payouts for a significant group of miners even though our back-of-the-envelope calculations indicate an average of ~0.01155 BTC/ mh payout for this round.

Further investigation resulted in the discovery of a flaw in the way our system computed the payouts which disproportionately allocated exchanged coins to certain miners even when the rounds and payouts they have mined are immature/unexchanged. This resulted in older miners with lower hashrates getting a lower percentage of the payout even when the exchanged values clearly belonged to them.

We have reworked the calculation for payouts to ensure that this bug has been fixed. Also, we have decided to pay out the difference between our new calculations and the last payout round for the affected users as this was our fault. This one-time payout should occur in the next couple of hours or so.

We are sorry that this happened.
Activity: 15
Excellent!

I'll leave my miner connected then and we'll see how we get on!
Thanks for getting back to me!

You're welcome! :-)

As an example, if you were exclusively mining Dogecoin, would I be better off:

a) mining directly to a Dogecoin pool which reports my having a 1.1MH rate
or
b) mining for altcoinplex which reports my having a 0.7MH rate

IMHO, in this situation they should pay-out the same amount but I'm concerned that I would lose out using altcoinplex due to the lower reported rate.

Theoretically, if all other variables are same in both cases, i.e. amount of blocks found, number of rewards etc., the payout should be the same amount.
As a pool, we are not able to accurately know the exact work rate of each individual miner. The method we use, is based on the number of shares and difficulty your miner is mining at, and then guess-estimate your hashrate based on the amount of shares you have submitted. We have a slight bug with our Rejected Hashrate which we are looking into, but our payouts only take into consideration the amount of accepted shares, and their difficulty, you have submitted. I hope this clarifies your query!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I guess my query is more at a practical level.

As an example, if you were exclusively mining Dogecoin, would I be better off:

a) mining directly to a Dogecoin pool which reports my having a 1.1MH rate
or
b) mining for altcoinplex which reports my having a 0.7MH rate

IMHO, in this situation they should pay-out the same amount but I'm concerned that I would lose out using altcoinplex due to the lower reported rate.
However, I do have a problem with reported work rates.

My client (cgminer) reports 1.1MH and 1,000WU but your stats page only shows me at 0.7MH.  Every other pool I've mined in (dogecoin, catcoin, ltc, tagcoin) has reported a work rate that matches cgminer.

Is this a quirk of reporting, or will I actually only be paid out on the basis of 0.7MH rather than my actual 1.1MH?

As a pool, we are not able to accurately know the exact work rate of each individual miner. The method we use, is based on the number of shares and difficulty your miner is mining at, and then guess-estimate your hashrate based on the amount of shares you have submitted. We have a slight bug with our Rejected Hashrate which we are looking into, but our payouts only take into consideration the amount of accepted shares, and their difficulty, you have submitted. I hope this clarifies your query!

PS are you planning on adding any other alt-coins into the basket?

Definately! We're constantly on the lookout for more profitable alt-coins to add to our basket. Our main criteria is that they must be available on the various exchanges.

Thanks for mining with us!
I'm very interested in this both for the profitability angle and the desire not to destroy alt-coins by aggressively dumping MH on them.

However, I do have a problem with reported work rates.

My client (cgminer) reports 1.1MH and 1,000WU but your stats page only shows me at 0.7MH.  Every other pool I've mined in (dogecoin, catcoin, ltc, tagcoin) has reported a work rate that matches cgminer.

Is this a quirk of reporting, or will I actually only be paid out on the basis of 0.7MH rather than my actual 1.1MH?

PS are you planning on adding any other alt-coins into the basket?

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Thanks for your support peterL.

Have fun mining.
Activity: 30
Looks good, just added a bit under 2MH to your pool. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: