Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AMERICAN COIN - AMC - Now About To Start - pool available already.. - page 13. (Read 75481 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Or maybe the pool software as to restart too

Its all been restarted a bunch of times.  Suppose I can try the re-download of the blockchian (which I also already did semi-recently) again before throwing in the towel. 
Activity: 263
I like helping people
Or maybe the pool software as to restart too
I like helping people
If you stop your americoind instance, delete the block files & peers, then start it again (since you're already up to date it seems) - wouldn't it load the block data back in from the official nodes?
ok, pretty close to giving up with this piece of crap.  'official' nodes now seem to be down/unreachable on the coin port.  Pretty sure we are somehow in a forked chain or some other BS.  For awhile I could connect from a work pc but not from the stratum server (to the node ip's), which seems kind of shady.

I have no idea what they are doing right now,  IF someone using the official pool wants to open their firewall on 9056 to act as a node for a bit, perhaps we can see. 
Hmm...........

What version shows up in your americoind instance when doin the getinfo command?

Should be something like 60401 right? I think that's how it mashes it up, 6.4.1 or something

Yes, its 60401. 

Its weird though, their site appears to be updating, or at least increasing that "last updated" value, so perhaps I was wrong, and its just a misconfigured timezone on their end or something.
I like helping people
Hmm...........

What version shows up in your americoind instance when doin the getinfo command?

Should be something like 60401 right? I think that's how it mashes it up, 6.4.1 or something
alright, here we go. If this crashes and burns I'm out!

Are you on the latest? I'd like to switch back to your pool from the official, but your block count is still higher. Maybe clear the old block files?

Yah just switched...I guess it mostly seems, we've found blocks since, balance is still there ect.

I'm slightly confused. Wouldn't the block counts match on all the pools if they were all running the latest versions of things?

It still looks like you're ahead of the official pool

I assume that is related to this, from official pool:

site last updated
12:04:07 PM EST  (ie: approx. 1 hour ago).  Seems their web front-end isn't updating.
a little concerned about peer connections now though....god forbid the dev list some valid nodes, or even the 'official pool' act as a node and listen on the americancoind port.  sigh....

After much googling, it would appear nodes for coins are listed in net.cpp here: https://github.com/AMCcoin/AmericanCoin/blob/master/src/net.cpp#L1146

Thanks, added those nodes. 
I like helping people

Are you on the latest? I'd like to switch back to your pool from the official, but your block count is still higher. Maybe clear the old block files?

Yah just switched...I guess it mostly seems, we've found blocks since, balance is still there ect.

I'm slightly confused. Wouldn't the block counts match on all the pools if they were all running the latest versions of things?

It still looks like you're ahead of the official pool
I like helping people
a little concerned about peer connections now though....god forbid the dev list some valid nodes, or even the 'official pool' act as a node and listen on the americancoind port.  sigh....

After much googling, it would appear nodes for coins are listed in net.cpp here: https://github.com/AMCcoin/AmericanCoin/blob/master/src/net.cpp#L1146

I like helping people

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
This coin is a complete disaster

we need an exchange QUICK everybody BAIL!!!  Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 1394
Merit: 505
This coin is a complete disaster
Is the windows client working for anyone?

the old one is "working" for me it says it is out of date but everything is still coming in correctly so i think it is a glitch

I downloaded the latest wallet, it's stopped doing that constant "syncing" thing with the 30000+ blocks (I'm guessing litecoin?). Looking at their GitHub comments, sounds like the magic bits got updated which in my limited knowledge of these things is it's unique identifier?

If that's the case, then it makes sense why the official pool has a different block count than the scryptmining pool (awesome hashes on that, by the way!) - dunu. The wallet works really well now but it's only syncing with the same blocks the official pool is syncing to, which is why I'm assuming the scryptmining pool is out of date.

Would love clarification on any of that - what happens if the scryptmining pool updates to the latest one with the new magic bits?

grrr....we better not be on a different fork because of this.  Will update asap and see.
I like helping people
Is the windows client working for anyone?

the old one is "working" for me it says it is out of date but everything is still coming in correctly so i think it is a glitch

I downloaded the latest wallet, it's stopped doing that constant "syncing" thing with the 30000+ blocks (I'm guessing litecoin?). Looking at their GitHub comments, sounds like the magic bits got updated which in my limited knowledge of these things is it's unique identifier?

If that's the case, then it makes sense why the official pool has a different block count than the scryptmining pool (awesome hashes on that, by the way!) - dunu. The wallet works really well now but it's only syncing with the same blocks the official pool is syncing to, which is why I'm assuming the scryptmining pool is out of date.

Would love clarification on any of that - what happens if the scryptmining pool updates to the latest one with the new magic bits?
Pages:
Jump to: