Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!! - page 3. (Read 946572 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Can we do the donations in UTC instead of BTC? Even if you sell the UTC for BTC for USD/Euro at least it will get some activity on the markets which could spur more activity.

People who want to pledge BTC could buy up some UTC and then donate that to a UTC address which would eventually be sold and converted to BTC for the show.

Just a suggestion.
Agree. I would like to donate something but I'm only a small miner and I don't have any BTC and don't want to buy BTC or sell UTC.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Why is UTC not listed on Bittrex?

because you can`t trade it there ^_^
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Why is UTC not listed on Bittrex?
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Hi guys,

I have opened up a donation adress here 19Qpdf3gpk6WQTYsw8RcQnZQqSYVG1svzc

You can view the transactions here https://blockchain.info/address/19Qpdf3gpk6WQTYsw8RcQnZQqSYVG1svzc.

Please also send me a message by email on [email protected] with your name and donation ammount so i can link it to the incoming bitcoin.The reason for this is so i can pay it back if we can`t go for any reason or problem.

thank you,
Michael.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Dear guy's and girls,

October 10th and 11th 2014 takes place in Las Vegas the largest global crypto mining event.

Look at: http://hashersunited.com/

Creators and Developers from various coins that operate under popular algorithms will speak frankly about:
- How their coin sits within the crypto currency landscape;
- Advancements in algorithms and future development updates;
- Predictions for the crypto currency sector
- And about much more

Among the presentations/speakers is also Charlie Lee of LiteCoin and a lot of more “big names” from crypto world.

The organization of the convention asked/invited Ultracoin/Bumface to take part and do a presentation about Ultracoin ChaCha algorithm.

We as management team think this is a big honor for our coin because there are only four other coin creators asked to do a presentation:
- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

We belief it is very important to take part at this convention and belief it can create big benefits for Ultracoin’s future by taking part of de exhibition, the network events and to do the presentation.

But as Bumface stated before; “Again the finances come into play since this trip would cost a few thousand dollars”.

If we want to take part with Ultracoin at the convention we need to do this professional and good. As mentioned by others before: We have only one chance to impress !

For taking part at the convention we calculated the following costs:
- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Sponsorship at the exhibition includes space for a 6x3 ft table plus two chairs and incl. space for a pop up stand and listed as an exhibitor on the hashers united  
  website. Full conference pass for one staff member and 50% off for another staff member
- Making a new video and PowerPoint presentation about the UTC history and future and about the ChaCha scrypt benefits
- Printing flyers

It is quite simple, if we want to show and present UTC as an professional coin at this convention and we can impress the convention partners, the visitors and the media, UTC can benefit in the future of it. This is what we al do believe in. It can turn out in a big chance for UTC.

The cost will be at least around $ 3.500 to $ 4000,- (about 6,9 BTC).  This is a lot of money !!! Yes we know.

Our management team has a budget for taking part at this convention of 2,0 BTC.

This is the maximum budget at the moment because we have some other develop jobs going on which cost also some big BTC.

So now this is the moment we want to ask the community to step in.

We want to ask you to help the cause and do a donation.
Small or big, everything is welcome.

Please let us now if you are willing to help and donate, this so Ultracoin can take part at the largest global crypto mining event.

Total needed: 6,90 BTC to do everything professional and good.

Already available: 2,0 BTC from the UTC management team.

So rest us to find another 4,90 BTC by donations.

I am very curious to see if we can do this again as a community.
Together again for Ultracoin !

Warm regards,
Paul.

PS; if you want to help and donate then please replay and tell us for what amount of BTC we can count on you.

Next step will be that we open an BTC address and ask you to send your donation within a week to the address.  

0.1 BTC
Activity: 476
I just bought two SHA-256 ASIC Antminer S3's with the help of Craig! Thanks again Craig! These miners will be going on the future multi-pool! I am looking forward too it!

@Usukan, I will do some more research on Tim Draper and get to know as much as possible about his current projects. I have always thought Ultracoin would be great for 3rd world countries, especially due to how centeal banking practices have aversely effected many of them (some of them use phone minutes as a currency). Thanks to the speed of Ultracoin it makes transactions in crypto bearable, somewhere where Bitcoin falls short and Ultracoin works to improve.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Steven - This sounds like a very good plan.  I have 100% faith in your skills.  The Conference is an opportunity too good to miss for UTC.

Now that Tim Draper is attending as a keynote speaker - we have the chance to put UTC in front of him.  His strategy for the unbanked could really be assisted via UTC.  Its sizzling speed of transfer and low cost entry should be a big seller to those in developing economies. You need to try and get his ear privately and sell a combo BTC and UTC rollout through the networks he will set up across the developing world.

I have previously pitched the value of cornering Tim Draper in this post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7801036

Tough job - but if you pulled it off it would be the gamechanger for UTC

To clarify a bit on marketing for the event,

Bumface was invited to the event to speak as a representative of Ultracoin. He will be explaining Scrypt-ChaCha, Ultracoin, our vision, future and the technical and tangible aspects of the coin to an audience of investors, miners and entrepreneurs. Secondly, there is a tabling area with limited availability that will be set up to promote Ultracoin. The table is 6' x 3' and has space for a banner, a pop up display, and marketing material to be given out, hopefully as well as room for a laptop to be set up for the looping of a video or powerpoint presentation. If I am sent to Las Vegas for the convention I will be working the table and advertising the coin to as many people as possible. I have experience in the past with tabling for organizations as I have for a popular national libertarian organization at my old University, I have reached out to hundreds if not thousands of people and know how to work a crowd. If me and MIchael (bumface) are able to work the table, I could document the conference and upload it to the official Ultracoin YouTube channel. I have a background in journalism and have worked large conferences before. It might even be possible that I can use my connections to advertise Ultracoin through several media outlets and I will try my best to contact journalists at the conference to interview us (which I am sure they will as Ultracoin is one of the few coins being represented at the conference). If we can secure a table in time, I will start on contracting professionals to design t-shirts, wallet designs, business card designs, etc. And will work to get these items produced in time for the conference (a lot of the expense will be out of my own wallet).

legendary
The only store on Coinpayments that takes UTC for Giftcards is:

http://www.amazetreats.com/catalog/

and they only seem to have Starbucks, Amazon, Target & ITunes Giftcards?

Or better yet take the donations in UTC, and use https://www.coinpayments.net/ to buy giftcards to fund the trip. Anything other than taking BTC directly that just seems like crypto-adultery to me lol.
legendary
good point

Not using UTC as the medium for this donation basically sends the message "Invest in UTC, it's great for you... not for us though, we need to use something more practical to get stuff done"
Activity: 99
Or better yet take the donations in UTC, and use https://www.coinpayments.net/ to buy giftcards to fund the trip. Anything other than taking BTC directly that just seems like crypto-adultery to me lol.
Not using UTC as the medium for this donation basically sends the message "Invest in UTC, it's great for you... not for us though, we need to use something more practical to get stuff done"
Interesting idea - but of course the tricky bit would be Paul trying to sell several 100,000 UTC without crashing the price?

Happy to oblige if there is a good strategy for the UTC liquidation to BTC or USD.

Can we do the donations in UTC instead of BTC? Even if you sell the UTC for BTC for USD/Euro at least it will get some activity on the markets which could spur more activity.

People who want to pledge BTC could buy up some UTC and then donate that to a UTC address which would eventually be sold and converted to BTC for the show.

Just a suggestion.

I don't see how that would be a problem, several hundred-thousand would also be bought around the same time and it can be sold as it comes in and then sent to a BTC wallet. It doesn't have to be sold as one large chunk. It can also be distributed over several exchanges. I don' think it will be as much of an issue as you do.
legendary
Interesting idea - but of course the tricky bit would be Paul trying to sell several 100,000 UTC without crashing the price?

Happy to oblige if there is a good strategy for the UTC liquidation to BTC or USD.

Just a suggestion.

Just a suggestion.
legendary
 0.2 BTC

Dear guy's and girls,

October 10th and 11th 2014 takes place in Las Vegas the largest global crypto mining event.

Creators and Developers from various coins that operate under popular algorithms will speak frankly about:
- And about much more

Among the presentations/speakers is also Charlie Lee of LiteCoin and a lot of more “big names” from crypto world.

The organization of the convention asked/invited Ultracoin/Bumface to take part and do a presentation about Ultracoin ChaCha algorithm.

We as management team think this is a big honor for our coin because there are only four other coin creators asked to do a presentation:
- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

We belief it is very important to take part at this convention and belief it can create big benefits for Ultracoin’s future by taking part of de exhibition, the network events and to do the presentation.

But as Bumface stated before; “Again the finances come into play since this trip would cost a few thousand dollars”.

If we want to take part with Ultracoin at the convention we need to do this professional and good. As mentioned by others before: We have only one chance to impress !

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Sponsorship at the exhibition includes space for a 6x3 ft table plus two chairs and incl. space for a pop up stand and listed as an exhibitor on the hashers united  
  website. Full conference pass for one staff member and 50% off for another staff member
- Making a new video and PowerPoint presentation about the UTC history and future and about the ChaCha scrypt benefits
- Printing flyers

It is quite simple, if we want to show and present UTC as an professional coin at this convention and we can impress the convention partners, the visitors and the media, UTC can benefit in the future of it. This is what we al do believe in. It can turn out in a big chance for UTC.

The cost will be at least around $ 3.500 to $ 4000,- (about 6,9 BTC).  This is a lot of money !!! Yes we know.

This is the maximum budget at the moment because we have some other develop jobs going on which cost also some big BTC.

Please let us now if you are willing to help and donate, this so Ultracoin can take part at the largest global crypto mining event.

Warm regards,
Paul.

PS; if you want to help and donate then please replay and tell us for what amount of BTC we can count on you.

Next step will be that we open an BTC address and ask you to send your donation within a week to the address.  

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Dear guy's and girls,

- And about much more

- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Printing flyers

Warm regards,
Paul.

You can count on me for 2,0 BTC !!
To clarify a bit on marketing for the event,

Bumface was invited to the event to speak as a representative of Ultracoin. He will be explaining Scrypt-ChaCha, Ultracoin, our vision, future and the technical and tangible aspects of the coin to an audience of investors, miners and entrepreneurs. Secondly, there is a tabling area with limited availability that will be set up to promote Ultracoin. The table is 6' x 3' and has space for a banner, a pop up display, and marketing material to be given out, hopefully as well as room for a laptop to be set up for the looping of a video or powerpoint presentation. If I am sent to Las Vegas for the convention I will be working the table and advertising the coin to as many people as possible. I have experience in the past with tabling for organizations as I have for a popular national libertarian organization at my old University, I have reached out to hundreds if not thousands of people and know how to work a crowd. If me and MIchael (bumface) are able to work the table, I could document the conference and upload it to the official Ultracoin YouTube channel. I have a background in journalism and have worked large conferences before. It might even be possible that I can use my connections to advertise Ultracoin through several media outlets and I will try my best to contact journalists at the conference to interview us (which I am sure they will as Ultracoin is one of the few coins being represented at the conference). If we can secure a table in time, I will start on contracting professionals to design t-shirts, wallet designs, business card designs, etc. And will work to get these items produced in time for the conference (a lot of the expense will be out of my own wallet).

Hello ladies & gentlemen, to supplement  Paul's last post, I have created an essay I think you will all enjoy. I plan on possibly turning this essay into a video for Ultracoin to be presented at the conference. I will be working on the marketing efforts for the conference. I believe this conference will be HUGE, for us.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vkKCYW6u2eb0hBMVVzS1BGMDg/edit?usp=sharing

-or-

http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=157.0

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Marketing & PR Director
[email protected]
Activity: 348
Dear guy's and girls,

- And about much more

- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Printing flyers

Warm regards,
Paul.

Paul / Michael,

The extended description of the event is greatly appreciated and appears to be a good opportunity for Ultracoin. For now I am happy to pledge 0.2 BTC, if an agenda were put together outlining the aims for Michael at the conference in terms of how Ultracoin is to be marketed then I would double this to 0.4BTC. What do I mean by marketing, well maybe to identify some media and get Ultracoin a slot e.g. Let's Talk Bitcoin, Bitcoin Magazine, how would the Ultracoin brand be raised e.g. give away, marketing collateral, discussion with marketing agencies / PR, identify new investors, etc.

KC
Activity: 320
Dear guy's and girls,

- And about much more

- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Printing flyers

Warm regards,
Paul.

Pages:
Jump to: