Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!! - page 5. (Read 946572 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Hey guys, I have a Bitcoin I was thinking of using to buy 2 Antminer S3's to mine Ultracoin on the multi-pool, or just buy Ultracoin directly. What do you think has the higher payoff?

Aren't those SHA-256? You can't mine UTC with them. Bitcoin is probably the only viable coin you could mine with one (or two considering their minimum) of those.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Hey guys, I have a Bitcoin I was thinking of using to buy 2 Antminer S3's to mine Ultracoin on the multi-pool, or just buy Ultracoin directly. What do you think has the higher payoff?
If you decide antminer route I have 1 spare 0.075 coupon for bitmaintech.

Another update cryptsy changed something big today and to quote the devs "cryptsy are playing assholes and its had me running round in circles going nowhere fast"

So once again pool delayed for another day. Sorry about this guys we are trying but we want a pool 100% not 99% so we would rather wait. Its getting a little frustraing on oir end but I hope these minor delays do not put any of the miners / community members off :-) we are trying to be as quick as possible but with getting things right first time.

Thanks craig.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 181
^ this could be huge for the coin. You have hundreds of interested investors and entrepreneurs watching and an opportunity to have media exposure.

If UTC team decides to participate at the convention and do the presentation it is very important that the team does it good prepared and professional.
Also the speaker must be very good prepared, must have some charisma and must have various promotional materials at his disposal.
I think to support the speaker there must be also a new video which tells everything about UTC in two minutes and there must be a story to tell with a powerpoint presentation.
Also there would be the need of flyers.
So I think the cost will be more than $3000,- and it needs to be prepared very careful and professional.
There is only one chance to impress.

Rapture, maybe an idea to do a voting if the community wants to help with donating ? Or just simple ask it the community ?

oke i see now some possible benefits  Smiley

I heard that paul1r is a very good marketing professional. Why not let him go to the Vegas convention ?

If there will be an donation action, for sending a professional UTC team, i am willing to donate 0.25 BTC
Can I just say something and tbh it is one of if not the best thing about UTC it is the community. Other than the big 3 btc ltc doge. How many coin communities rally together the way UTC and its devoted followers. Maybe this should be incorporated into the presentation in vegas. Maybe we should reach out to the community in helping with things like the promotional video, powerpoint presentation etc. Maybe we have a writer, blogger somebody who is good at writing for public viewing to help bumface with his presentation. Maybe not just relt on community to help fund it but to truly contribute the way they have done from day 1.....and setup btv address lol still have $100 for the cause.
Activity: 275
^ this could be huge for the coin. You have hundreds of interested investors and entrepreneurs watching and an opportunity to have media exposure.

If UTC team decides to participate at the convention and do the presentation it is very important that the team does it good prepared and professional.
Also the speaker must be very good prepared, must have some charisma and must have various promotional materials at his disposal.
I think to support the speaker there must be also a new video which tells everything about UTC in two minutes and there must be a story to tell with a powerpoint presentation.
Also there would be the need of flyers.
So I think the cost will be more than $3000,- and it needs to be prepared very careful and professional.
There is only one chance to impress.

Rapture, maybe an idea to do a voting if the community wants to help with donating ? Or just simple ask it the community ?
Activity: 275
At the current n-factor, Mining Ultracoin is now cooler for a gpu than using x11 algo....and equivalent in power usage.
So what happened to ultracoinpool.info??? Someone should make an announcement before they start messing with things.
About what man something wrong with the pool?
Ok I just edited that, I have some issues on my end. All my miners quit today. I changed to your pool and they wont work there either, so I will check in to it.
Do not forget used back up pool or move to the other one
www.ultracoins.info i go open another pool for kept the newwork security
Problem solved, antivirus update shut down yacminer.

This kind of messages creates a lot of commotion. And scares new comers away.
It would be nice if miners first examine everything and exclude all kind of things before telling on the forum that something is wrong with UTC, or wrong with the pools, or that there is a fork .... etc. etc.
Please fellow miners, first find the error before calling things on the forum

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
i have been asked to speak at a convention in las vegas, and we are now discussing the benefit.

It is a miners convention and the name is www.HashersUnited.com

but again the finances come into play since this trip would cost a few thousand dollars.

They have asked me to give a solo presentation on Ultracoin ,N factor and asic resistance and how this fits in the coin landscape.

i am not familiar with giving solo presentations , I think i would get quite nervous, however the benefits are great ,just like last time in sweden its a great opportunity to meet new people and spread awareness.

this would cost at least 3000 dollars with a plane ticket and hotels so this is very tricky, i dont have a single asic yet, and alpha just moved the shipping from juli to september.

This event is on October 10th &11th , 2014 so there is no way i can mine 3000 dollars by then.

I think at least someone from the dev team should go! It looks like a great way to spread more awareness about UTC however why would it cost 3000? Ticket and hotel for 4 days will cost 900 euro and food is quit cheap in the states.
http://www.expedia.nl/packagesearch?subm=1&dsct=&dlvl=&rtmn=&rtmx=&dnam=las+vegas+strip%2C+nevada%2C+verenigde+staten&dcty=AMS&drid1=800045&tair1=las&ddpt1=09-10-2014&drtn1=13-10-2014&tdpt1=362&trtn1=362&ffst=0&crom=1&cadu1=2&cSei1=0&infs=1&cmbt=2&qryt=8&rdct=1#hotelName=®ionFilter=800045&hotelStarRating=0&reorderFiltersTreatment=-1&action=filterPackageSearch&rfrr=&sortOrder=0&startIndex=0&poiId=&subm=1&dsct=&dlvl=&rtmn=&rtmx=&dnam=las+vegas+strip%2C+nevada%2C+verenigde+staten&dcty=AMS&drid1=800045&tair1=las&ddpt1=09-10-2014&drtn1=13-10-2014&tdpt1=362&trtn1=362&ffst=0&crom=1&cadu1=2&cSei1=0&infs=1&cmbt=2&qryt=8&rdct=1&destinationId=800045&ttla=LAS&originId=6337629&ftla=AMS&featuredDeal=1619187,200283626,FreeOneNightHotel&ajaxRequestType=
legendary
Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
NIce place for building Asic scrypt

Ouch. This really hurts...
Activity: 136
At the current n-factor, Mining Ultracoin is now cooler for a gpu than using x11 algo....and equivalent in power usage.

Activity: 138

So what happened to ultracoinpool.info??? Someone should make an announcement before they start messing with things.

Ok I just edited that, I have some issues on my end. All my miners quit today. I changed to your pool and they wont work there either, so I will check in to it.

Activity: 176
We live in a modern time. we like the idea of a digital conference.

Activity: 476
http://hashersunited.com/sessions/cryptocurrencies-uncovered-scrypt-chacha-ultracoin/

All you have to do is weigh up the pros and cons of a 45 minute presentation with a cost of around $3k.

May I ask to help clear a few things up for all the people who are commited to the coin as to how you would fund or begin to fund the trip.

Could you / will you be able to perform a solo presentation on ultracoin / scrypt ChaCha as your own words you think you would get quite nervous....Maybe go practice some public reading Smiley

IS there anything we can do to help / prepare. maybe start to throw this around social media...the big dogs like charlie lee are going to be there right along side UTC.

IDK just something and yes setup a BTC address for donations. i have $100 btc ready for the pot.

And on a side note Multipool will be live tomorrow just had the nod from the coder. We need more testers please send me a pm if you are able to open test the multipool for a period of 24 hours. either x11 scrypt or sha256.

Activity: 776
Merit: 557
i have been asked to speak at a convention in las vegas, and we are now discussing the benefit.

It is a miners convention and the name is www.HashersUnited.com

but again the finances come into play since this trip would cost a few thousand dollars.

They have asked me to give a solo presentation on Ultracoin ,N factor and asic resistance and how this fits in the coin landscape.

i am not familiar with giving solo presentations , I think i would get quite nervous, however the benefits are great ,just like last time in sweden its a great opportunity to meet new people and spread awareness.

this would cost at least 3000 dollars with a plane ticket and hotels so this is very tricky, i dont have a single asic yet, and alpha just moved the shipping from juli to september.

This event is on October 10th &11th , 2014 so there is no way i can mine 3000 dollars by then.

From looking at the website it does look like it would be a great opportunity for Ultracoin to mix with the big boys like Charlie Lee. But as with life 'money makes money' and the strongest currencies with the best financial backing will flourish. Its just a shame you don't live in the USA.
Pages:
Jump to: