Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!! - page 7. (Read 946572 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Just a quick update guys regarding multipool. We had to do a quick change on one of the coins due to unforseen events and devs walking out on a coin. We have completed though our closed beta and I am pleased to say things have performed better than expected...scrypts are running and selling the mined coins as fast as possible to get the best profitability.. The payment process is very simple and no coins are on any server / wallet for more than 15 seconds. The longest any coin is anywhere is on a exchange waiting to buyup utc. Once utc is bought it is auto called back to the pool and distributed to the miners automatically.
We are now looking for a open beta for you guys to gather feedback etc. If any miner who would like to help please pm me with your prefeered algo and power that would be awesome...Just as a reminder we have x11 scrypt and sha256. We also have dedicated difficulty ports for people wishing to mine a coin of their choosing and still get paid in utc. We are also working on adding a seperate block explorer to the pool site in a feed for those who are interested. This weekend I travelled a few hundred miles round trip for talks with my partner and to knuckle heads properly,  we allready own a few domains and two specifically for the pool and the second for a webshop. The webshop to start is to be aimed at UK miners. We have been talking to our coder and we will be looking at integrating the multipool with the shop to mine directly there, in the view to activly use utc as a real world currency. Now this is simply in the pipeline and a idea we have, but wanted to get your guys views on this as we are lolooking to activly get involved with the community we dont want to be sat twiddling our thumbs once the multipool is setup. The multipool is tottally managed and is fully automated so requires once setup litte input from us. But that doesnt mean it will be put on a backburner it simply means we pay good money every month to our devs for looking after it :-)  so views on shop intergrated with mining please :-)

Thanks craig.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Forgive my bluntness but can I ask what the dev team are doin at the moment? I'm not saying they are doing nothing, I just honestly don't know what they are working on.

Also why is it taking so long to do the minecraft thing. If you have commissioned/hired a guy who knows what he is doing then why is it taking him months to do. I'm just asking what others are thinking but to polite to ask.
My flat mate wants to know why he should buy some more UTC.

PS: great news about the multipool! Well fone guys! UTC holders appricate it

I had found somebody for MC, but paul1r and fabietech are not comfortable with somebody without references.

Does that mean its going to take longer before its finished? and do you know why such things arent communicated with the community?

I spoke last Saturday by PM contact with paul1r.

He and fabietech seem to be on holiday with their families and will come back later this week as he told me.

I heard also from paul1r that it's really hard to find trustworthy coin developers and that this is a problem in the Wild West world of Cryptoland.

So knowing that and knowing that mine craft is an serious project I can understand they don’t want to do business with some cowboy dev who cannot give any references. Would you do ?

So we can only wish they find soon some professional dev and can kick some ass with the project

Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Forgive my bluntness but can I ask what the dev team are doin at the moment? I'm not saying they are doing nothing, I just honestly don't know what they are working on.

Also why is it taking so long to do the minecraft thing. If you have commissioned/hired a guy who knows what he is doing then why is it taking him months to do. I'm just asking what others are thinking but to polite to ask.

I had found somebody for MC, but paul1r and fabietech are not comfortable with somebody without references.

Does that mean its going to take longer before its finished? and do you know why such things arent communicated with the community?
Activity: 728
Merit: 501

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
I dont get why price sucks so much
Activity: 136

I was thinking the same thing today on my way home from work, Bumface was always updating us frequently while he was at the helm but now that things have changed I feel like we're all in the dark and this is affecting the growth of ultracoin.

The last announcement was that a java developer was consulted about the minecraft plugin, and that was only a few weeks ago, not months. If anything is being done it is the early stages of design and development and once built needs to to be tested and implemented properly. On the downside I see this coin is not anyones full time job and the coin and price has only recently recovered from the last announcement about going full POS and telling everyone to announce it from the roof tops and then not doing it. It caused confusion then also with two wallet updates within a few days the exchanges like cryptsy and mintpal got messed up and had to halt deposits and withdrawals not realising they needed to upgrade again. Even now the wallet still has some unattractive bugs in it that cause troubles. Not sure if it affects everyone but if you receive lots of small incoming transactions such as receiving regular payments from a mining pool it will not consolidate those coins for sending in a transaction greater than 10000 bytes. It has issues broadcasting the transaction to the blockchain and usually ends in an error unless you manually consolidate and send them to a different wallet. Otherwise select inputs to be less than 10000 bytes and everything ok. Also if you type "getmininginfo" it says the block reward is still 50 coins per block although that is not a biggy.
     On the upside UTC still has a mining niche even though its not yet popular and with the new n-factor at 14 the power consumption for a gpu is now comparable to X11 so hopefully the management and marketing is taking some time to gain some understanding and consider the consequences before implementing any changes. UTC could have a bright future if things are managed and marketed properly but right now there is a lack of understanding amidst miners about the asic resistance of UTC, the "high" power consumption (that it used to require) and the thoughts that cpu botnets eventually taking over the network once the  n-factor keeps increasing. Things to consider.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

I was thinking the same thing today on my way home from work, Bumface was always updating us frequently while he was at the helm but now that things have changed I feel like we're all in the dark and this is affecting the growth of ultracoin.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.

legendary
Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
@Craig

Thank you for your hard work with Ultracoin. I will be sure to blast the announcement out on social media when your pool is complete.
... and I will retweet it Smiley

Craig: just one question: is it possible that you were testing the automated buying on cryptsy.com today? Wasted this whole Sunday there and recognized some unusual behavior. Smiley
Activity: 476
@Craig

Thank you for your hard work with Ultracoin. I will be sure to blast the announcement out on social media when your pool is complete.
Activity: 348
Hi all we are just making some adjustments to the front end of things. Once completed we should be good to go on the multipool.  It has all been setup and finished to pay out every 24 hours. All blockchains for the different coins updated ready to go. We are testing now with our rigs and asic machines and all is going good so far. We may be delayed by a day or two, we were hoping for a sunday launch but to be more realistic it is looking more likely to be monday / tuesday. We want everything to be spot on to save any more downturn and bad rep for the coin and multipools.

Thank Craig.

Great work and news. If you need a beta tester just be a PM

KC
legendary
Encrypted Money, Baby!
Hi all we are just making some adjustments to the front end of things. Once completed we should be good to go on the multipool.  It has all been setup and finished to pay out every 24 hours. All blockchains for the different coins updated ready to go. We are testing now with our rigs and asic machines and all is going good so far. We may be delayed by a day or two, we were hoping for a sunday launch but to be more realistic it is looking more likely to be monday / tuesday. We want everything to be spot on to save any more downturn and bad rep for the coin and multipools.

Thank Craig.
This is great. Although I'm not much of a miner, I'd like to say thank you for the efforts and jumping in when the other multipool did not work anymore. Smiley
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
do we have some info about http://paperwallet.ga/UltraCoin/ ?
it looks like its down..

for now this is working: http://cryptolife.net/upwg/
(decimal for UTC is 68)
Activity: 146

Thank Craig.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
do we have some info about http://paperwallet.ga/UltraCoin/ ?
it looks like its down..
legendary
Encrypted Money, Baby!
I was going to send some coins to another wallet and it gave me an error about that the coins was spent but not in the wallet.dat or similar. Now in my wallet it shows minus my coins but it's not being broadcasted on the network. I sent a small amount first for testing and it worked without any problems. What can I do about this? Anyone who had this problem before? Have I lost the coins?

Transaction ID is 092c43772b19a3e7db93315f6b8e18403d2320e5a44ef94ce0830ce52e6ef430.

EDIT: I used the debug console and fixed it. Had me sweating there for a while  Grin
Hmm, seems I have the same problem right now. Keep on getting the message that the tx is not successfully broadcasted to the network. Using the console's command "repairwallet" seems to work fine, but I'd rather be able to send some coins... strange.

.edit:
When trying to resend the tx, I'm getting this error: "Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."

.edit2:
Welll, now, about 30min later, my transactions seem to go through slowly. Had 4 resends, I'm curious if they all appear in their destination ^^
Activity: 228
I was going to send some coins to another wallet and it gave me an error about that the coins was spent but not in the wallet.dat or similar. Now in my wallet it shows minus my coins but it's not being broadcasted on the network. I sent a small amount first for testing and it worked without any problems. What can I do about this? Anyone who had this problem before? Have I lost the coins?

Transaction ID is 092c43772b19a3e7db93315f6b8e18403d2320e5a44ef94ce0830ce52e6ef430.

EDIT: I used the debug console and fixed it. Had me sweating there for a while  Grin
Activity: 135
Lol, I just changed the title of my post. For fun. Didn't expect anyone to notice, tbh ^^
Lol ;-)
legendary
Encrypted Money, Baby!
Lol, I just changed the title of my post. For fun. Didn't expect anyone to notice, tbh ^^
Activity: 566

Re: [ANN] [ALCOHOL-RESISTANT] BeerCoin (BRC) - Ultrafast 6 seconds for 1 glass!!

Today at 11:04:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: bret on Today at 05:12:34 AM

The UTC markets are eerily calm. Something big is about to happen (up or down?) Place your bets people.

Indeed. It took me more than 24 hours to buy 7450UTC at 1611sat on Cryptsy. Placed the buy order on top and since then, it stayed top. 13UTC still open. ^^

I'm expecting a slight rise to maybe 2000-2500sat, as I watched UTC always moving in this range. But as always: we will see what actually happens.

Alcohol resistant Beer Coin? Is that real and how come the thread is caleed like that now? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: