Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST) - page 2. (Read 43284 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
+1 for Adam from WalletBit Smiley Quick reply here as well...
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
No response from the tickets. However, Adam at Walletbit was helpful and at least i got a response from there

+1 on Adam

I had an order paid yesterday from batch #2.2 that was listed on the Avalon as Pending, with a button next to it that it still needed to be paid, while I had a confirmation from the walletbit site that it was paid.

The reply I got was: "I have spoken with Avalon and had them send you a confirmation email for the third order." and indeed that fixed the problem, got my confirmation email.

Now... getting any feedback from Avalon on the other hand about any previous paid and upaid orders proved to be in vein.

Good to see that at least they outsourced part of their customer care to walletbit

In conclusion: talk to walletbit, don't bother with an Avalon ticket :-)
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
For those that paid in full for Batch #2 on Feb 2nd, when you log into your account at http://store.avalon-asics.com do you see anything under "Recent Orders"?

I paid for mine in full, walletbit won't confirm that they have any address on file, avalon won't even look up my order and on the avalon site it tells me "You have no recent orders.".
Avalon Support ticket: #136

You are not alone, on the same boart. No response from the tickets. However, Adam at Walletbit was helpful and at least i got a response from there
Cheers

+1
I paid in full on Feb 2nd. have got answer from Adam (Walletbit) but not any info from Avalon.  And also their site  tells me "You have no recent orders.".
Avalon Support ticket: #189
Maybe we will create separate tread?
legendary
Activity: 876
Etherscan.io
For those that paid in full for Batch #2 on Feb 2nd, when you log into your account at http://store.avalon-asics.com do you see anything under "Recent Orders"?

I paid for mine in full, walletbit won't confirm that they have any address on file, avalon won't even look up my order and on the avalon site it tells me "You have no recent orders.".

Avalon Support ticket: #136

You are not alone, on the same boat. No response from the tickets. However, Adam at Walletbit was helpful and at least i got a response from there

Avalon Support Ticket #339

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
It seems units became available again. Some people submitted duplicate orders you see, and only paid one of them.

At least it's good to see they're doing about twice as better than the first time around: http://blockchain.info/charts/received-per-day?address=18QRSo26TqPZtH1guLfwNXZ2EfZpe7y8Ks
Activity: 179
Activity: 126
It seems units became available again. Some people submitted duplicate orders you see, and only paid one of them.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
  Tried placing an order for 2nd batch of batch #2, 15mins after opening, order 312 of 330 and it says "dont have stock, update cart", did this 3 times then received out of stock message. After initial F&%K up with batch #2 seems Avalon aren't prepared to test or use same payment method for all batch's.

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
I don't have that browser in front of me, so I can't check my personal URL history.  I remember a token and an amount for sure, don't particularly remember a shipping address.

I saved this one:

https://walletbit.com/pay?token=96b80d1070fc9ea33a557fcff9bac509&item_name=&amount=0.00¤cy=USD&
returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.avalon-asics.com%2Fwordpressadditional=sessionid=5911359817759
|buyerName=Fred+XXXXXXX|buyerAddress1=XXXX+College+Lane+South|buyerState=IL|buyerPhone=XXXXXXXX
|buyerEmail=XXXXXXX%40gmail.com|buyerCity=Wheaton|buyerCountry=US|buyerZip=60189|itemDesc=+items

To be clear, I'm not Fred, but I did get his session. Sorry Fred, I could not complete the payment. Note the payment was for 0.00
The ItemDesc sometimes contained information like:

itemDesc=3x+Avalon+ASIC+Unit

Quote from: kjj
In this specific case, I hope they have it.  But in general, I don't think that a store should be sharing my personal information like that.  Walletbit has no reason to know my name or address.

In Order Summary from Walletbit, the only information displayed was the total amount in BTC and the Bitcoin address where to pay into.
I did not log into their system so perhaps then a different view might have been displayed.

What is the point in getting the information and not using it at the crucial point, where the customer can verify he is paying his order (and not Freds)?

And yes, a payment processor does not need my personal information unless they are verifying my credit card validity. Perhaps it was a default setup from Wordpress for credit cards used for BTC?

I can confirm I saved similar information. This info was also sent in the POST to walletbit.

Even though walletbit should not have this information, in this case I'm somewhat OK with it. I did not log in to the wordpress store (store.avalons-asics.com) and I did not get redirected back to avalon's site after having made a successful transaction with walletbit. At this point, I'm fairly certain, Avalon does not have a record of my order in their own database and that they would need to look up the order from walletbit.

This is why I feel a response from Avalon is necessary. Will my order be successfully transfered from Walletbit to Avalon? How are order numbers being assigned if walletbit is handling "orders"?

legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
Guys.. Walletbit reciept is just confirming you paid money to avalon. Everyone needs confirmation from avalon that the money you paid actually went to your order with your correct name and address.

My address was confirmed with my order. All information went from Wordpress to Walletbit. I knew this to be true as all my information was in a simple URL string sent over to wallerbit when then order went through.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
I don't have that browser in front of me, so I can't check my personal URL history.  I remember a token and an amount for sure, don't particularly remember a shipping address.

I saved this one:

https://walletbit.com/pay?token=96b80d1070fc9ea33a557fcff9bac509&item_name=&amount=0.00¤cy=USD&
returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.avalon-asics.com%2Fwordpressadditional=sessionid=5911359817759
|buyerName=Fred+XXXXXXX|buyerAddress1=XXXX+College+Lane+South|buyerState=IL|buyerPhone=XXXXXXXX
|buyerEmail=XXXXXXX%40gmail.com|buyerCity=Wheaton|buyerCountry=US|buyerZip=60189|itemDesc=+items

To be clear, I'm not Fred, but I did get his session. Sorry Fred, I could not complete the payment. Note the payment was for 0.00

In this specific case, I hope they have it.  But in general, I don't think that a store should be sharing my personal information like that.  Walletbit has no reason to know my name or address.

In Order Summary from Walletbit, the only information displayed was the total amount in BTC and the Bitcoin address where to pay into.
I did not log into their system so perhaps then a different view might have been displayed.

What is the point in getting the information and not using it at the crucial point, where the customer can verify he is paying his order (and not Freds)?

And yes, a payment processor does not need my personal information unless they are verifying my credit card validity. Perhaps it was a default setup from Wordpress for credit cards used for BTC?

I agree with this point but I think others should be worried that once you paid walletbit that your information
actually made it back to avalon's order database properly.

I have no skin in the game right now. I did not buy a batch #2 order due to the total fiasco of that sale
but I am curious if this will end well for everyone involved.
legendary
Activity: 1112

I saved this one:

kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
I think, all order info and shipping info is received from Walletbit. So, what have Walletbit is what will have Avalon. IMHO.

Avalon collected the info using wordpress.  The payment link went to walletbit.  The walletbit page provided absolutely no information other than the amount.  Walletbit may have that info, but so far I haven't seen any reason to believe that anyone involved has both the shipping info and the payment info.
All shipping info were included in URL, when Avalon redirected to Walletbit.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Those who are waiting for Avalon receipt and didn't read the newsletter will wait until the day before shipping.
Activity: 730
Merit: 250
fate warrant 200000846?
I wait for him?
please answer.

Customer service is not responding.
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
Still would a confirmation email stating ordered goods and the correct delivery address be too much to ask for?

Certainly not when you send someone 1500-4500$.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Still would a confirmation email stating ordered goods and the correct delivery address be too much to ask for?
Activity: 160
This.

Also, the callback from Walletbit to the Avalon store after continuing from the receipt simply called the Avalon store site using a URL containing the WalletBit batch number quoted in my confirmation email.
Activity: 798
I think, all order info and shipping info is received from Walletbit. So, what have Walletbit is what will have Avalon. IMHO.

Avalon collected the info using wordpress.  The payment link went to walletbit.  The walletbit page provided absolutely no information other than the amount.  Walletbit may have that info, but so far I haven't seen any reason to believe that anyone involved has both the shipping info and the payment info.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026

Pages:
Jump to: