Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST) - page 8. (Read 43284 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
In unrelated news, did anyone who preordered get a confirmation email from avalon yet?
I'm still waiting... Anyone received confirmation from 2.2 batch?
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Find me at Bitrated
It's interesting that Bitsyncom chose alternate payment processors each time in order to increase the awareness in the bitcoin community.

Except, I feel like I got absolutely screwed by walletbit by being forced to to use them.  

I wanted to pay as a guest the first time around because I didn't want to pay Walletbit's exorbitant fees.  This method of course, did not work when the sites crashed.  
So trying to do it the right way, I transferred 98 BTC into a new WB account (to be sure I had enough to buy an avalon), gritting my teeth and paying their fee just to deposit it.  

It gets better, when I heard the site crashed and the sale was postponed I begrudgingly withdrew my BTC from their site and back into my wallet.  Then I saw that the avalon store was back up and they weren't taking guest payments, so I had to transfer my BTC back to them Walletbit AGAIN and pay their fees AGAIN just to purchase an Avalon. It was a total headache, not straightforward at all.

More grief came later in the day when I couldn't print out my 3rd layer secuity card.  Just clicking the "print secure card" button ensuredthat I could never again see the numbers on the internet, not even my history would let me access it.  I'm amazed that after 3 calls to their tech support I was even able to get it reversed.

Walletbit, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I guarantee that I will never, ever use your service again as long as
1) You charge consumers such ridiculous fees. (Maybe consider a cap so high BTC transactions don't feel screwed?)
2) You use update your confirmation process.  It takes much longer than necessary.

Bitcoin is about innovating low cost, high speed ways to move money, and you as a company are mucking it up.

Bitsyncom, please never make us use Walletbit again.

In unrelated news, did anyone who preordered get a confirmation email from avalon yet?

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Got my support request from WalletBit processed and I must say I am deeply disappointed Sad

They are not going to refund the fees taken from people that tried to resolve their payment processing fuck-up with opening an account there and transferring coins to pay their Avalon ASICs. Means you're a winner if you paid <1BTC for 3 ASICs to a guest account (will get it refunded) and a looser if you tried to do the next appropriate way (no ASICs, lost fees).

Go choke on this 35$, WalletBit. But this is not the way you are going to replace CC or PayPal.

same problem for me. WalletBit is doing no good business my opinion.
Hope, that I must never work together with them. (Bitcoin-24)

I deposit 500BTC and lost about 50-60 EUR for fees, because
I withdraw the BTC back to my wallet. Very unserious service.

imagin you pay 500 EUR / USD into your bank account and
your bank deduct fees for it Cheesy
hope that WalletBit will not succeed with they business.
Maybe it is time for a bitcoin-24 payment system Tongue
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
Got my support request from WalletBit processed and I must say I am deeply disappointed Sad

They are not going to refund the fees taken from people that tried to resolve their payment processing fuck-up with opening an account there and transferring coins to pay their Avalon ASICs. Means you're a winner if you paid <1BTC for 3 ASICs to a guest account (will get it refunded) and a looser if you tried to do the next appropriate way (no ASICs, lost fees).

Go choke on this 35$, WalletBit. But this is not the way you are going to replace CC or PayPal.
Activity: 179
payed as guest about an hour ago, and got no confirmation no order number.
Avalon support replyed fast (probably avtomatically) - they created ticket at bitsyncom.freshdesk and now I have ticked number - hope this digits will be lucky enogh for my 75 BTC  : )
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
batch 2 take 2 sold out already ?
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
If you register an account it wont send you an email i had to do a password reset before it let me log in, i did get my order through though no email confirm yet

We all waiting for an email confirm, according support they will sent all emails with order details, at end after they fixed all previous prob. This is what they replied me today for my order of yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 876
Etherscan.io

that was quick.. though i suspect it might be released in batches. As there were no announcements the previous batch could have been a test batch
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
Activity: 302
Merit: 252
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
If you register an account it wont send you an email i had to do a password reset before it let me log in, i did get my order through though no email confirm yet
legendary
Just did 2 orders (as the shopping cart would only allow 1 per order). Hopefully this is OK?

I am assuming yes as it didn't say 1 per household.
Activity: 160
Just did 2 orders (as the shopping cart would only allow 1 per order). Hopefully this is OK?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I had no luck at http://launch.avalon-asics.com, still had a "wait" icon when I pressed the purchase button.

However, when I used http://shop-avalon-asic.pagodabox.com/?wpsc-product=avalon-asic-unit, the shopping cart did not "oops". The WalletBit portion of the excercise went fine, although he purchase page could do with more explanations for guest payers.

Now waiting on purchase confirmation email.

Have you tried creating an account on the store.avalon-asics.com page first before placing your order? I tried and it went through quite easily but no confirmation email yet though

.... the shopping cart did not "oops".

I finally have a smileyface.

Edit: to answer your question, yes I did.
legendary
Etherscan.io
I had no luck at http://launch.avalon-asics.com, still had a "wait" icon when I pressed the purchase button.

However, when I used http://shop-avalon-asic.pagodabox.com/?wpsc-product=avalon-asic-unit, the shopping cart did not "oops". The WalletBit portion of the excercise went fine, although he purchase page could do with more explanations for guest payers.

Have you tried creating an account on the store.avalon-asics.com page first before placing your order? I tried and it went through quite easily but no confirmation email yet though
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

legendary
Etherscan.io
Managed to put in an order at last, hopefully this does not end like another bAsic.

Anyone get a confirmation email though?
legendary
I did notice i could only purchase 1.. which is fine with me..
legendary
looks like they put the avalon back in stock but im getting token errors at walletbit :/

Woohoo!  Order succcess!

If you register for an Avalon Store (wordpress) account, and login, you can avoid the session/token issues.  At least it worked for me.

I'd make an account anyway for order tracking purposes.

I also used a walletbit account, not "guest pay".

http://i.imgur.com/SaUKje4.png

Worked for me also that way.. but i did guest pay.. went just fine
legendary
Activity: 966
looks like they put the avalon back in stock but im getting token errors at walletbit :/

Woohoo!  Order succcess!

If you register for an Avalon Store (wordpress) account, and login, you can avoid the session/token issues.  At least it worked for me.

I'd make an account anyway for order tracking purposes.

I also used a walletbit account, not "guest pay".

http://i.imgur.com/SaUKje4.png

Still no email.   Roll Eyes

Why on earth does walletbit not have a transaction history?

Edit: Oh, they do.  If you scroll down on the "Dashboard" page.
Pages:
Jump to: