Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 4. (Read 39325 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Thanks.  I'm sure there are plenty of coins that could use some help.  
What are we waiting for ? Let's burn something right now, without voting !  Wink
it has not been for a long time and that fact is very very strange

If you buy $5,000 worth of BARR right now, then we can burn a coin with a $5,000 marketcap.

hi Dev, where can i buy Barr   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
https://www.mynxt.info

Direct link to asset....

https://www.mynxt.info/asset/7823929696462256005

Or use the NXT AE client on your desktop......

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-11-2/
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
What are we waiting for ? Let's burn something right now, without voting !  Wink

If you buy $5,000 worth of BARR right now, then we can burn a coin with a $5,000 marketcap.

hi Dev, where can i buy Barr   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
Thanks.  I'm sure there are plenty of coins that could use some help. 
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Yo dude, what have you been up to?  Anything interesting, crypto-wise?  I miss those....burning days...glad to see you're still around. 

Well, the price of Bitcoin is interesting.  If the price of BTC drops a little more without NXT going up, it might be a good time to get some more NXT.  Since BARR is traded in NXT, BARR is also cheaper now than it will be if NXT goes up. 

If the prices start to stabilize more then it might be a better time to do some more burns.

This is the glory days of icos many newbies creating a lot of new coins attach to ico with millions and billions of supply and you are a big help to the community I hope we'll get a lot more updates on the coins that you are going to burn.
Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Yo dude, what have you been up to?  Anything interesting, crypto-wise?  I miss those....burning days...glad to see you're still around. 

Well, the price of Bitcoin is interesting.  If the price of BTC drops a little more without NXT going up, it might be a good time to get some more NXT.  Since BARR is traded in NXT, BARR is also cheaper now than it will be if NXT goes up. 

If the prices start to stabilize more then it might be a better time to do some more burns.
Activity: 532
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Merry Christmas!
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520

Great so this dev only has over 1 million supply now he burned half of it,while all the other devs has over 100 million to 10 billion and new coins coming with coins supply from 100 million to billions you opted for just over 1 million I'm sure it will have an impact in the market.

That dev didn't burn any coins.  He sold them for BTC, and then someone else burned them.  He earned those coins by PoW and/or by buying them on the market.  We don't just give away money to devs who premine billions of free coins.  We only issue BARR as a replacement for real coins that already have real investment in them and are actively being traded.  Not 1 BARR has ever entered circulation without an equal value of altcoins being burned first. 

As for how many coins we burn, we don't turn anyone down when we're burning a particular altcoin.  People decide whether to burn their own coins.  Other than that, we can only burn as much as we can afford to buy.  But we only offer burn redemption for a coin when we have enough BARR allocated to swap for the entire supply of that altcoin.  So for all of the coins we burned, we were ready and able to replace the entire supply.  The final choice belongs to the holders of the coins, and we've burned as much as 48% of a coin's entire supply.

We did burn 9 Billion Cagecoins and 11 Billion Bunnycoins, and we've burned about $40,000 worth of altcoins in all, making permanent changes across 14 blockchains.  We've also kept thousands of dollars worth of NXT in buy orders to support the price of BARR and make sure not a single person has gotten stuck with BARR and unable to sell it. 

If you wanted to help make an impact in the market, you could have bought BARR or burned any of these altcoins.  Making posts at bitcointalk is free, but making entries in a blockchain ledger costs money.
That was a responsible answer to what seemed like me having a dig at barr one year after the burn. ACP has zero premine and I was trading as normal coins mined without realisation of someone about to burn them. I will stop by next December to say hello. Have a good new year.
I run quite a valuable coin with only 2 million in supply and am trying to back it up with more assets. What do we need to do if we want some of the supply burned off? Or what do we benefit buy owning this asset? Are there any dividends made by procuring and holding this asset?

Holding BARR gives you all the benefits of the altcoins you're already holding, but on a stronger blockchain with more users.  BARR runs on the NXT blockchain, which has more community and development than 99% of other altcoins.  BARR can be used just like any altcoin as a store of value, or to make quick, easy, and cheap online payments across the world.  Plus BARR can never be delisted from the decentralized NXT Asset Exchange as long as NXT is running, which gives it an advantage over other altcoins which face the constant threat of delisting and can't be traded without trusting a centralized exchange. 

How can you back up an altcoin with assets?  Does owning your altcoin give someone a share of ownership in a company or commodity? 

Great so this dev only has over 1 million supply now he burned half of it,while all the other devs has over 100 million to 10 billion and new coins coming with coins supply from 100 million to billions you opted for just over 1 million I'm sure it will have an impact in the market.

That dev didn't burn any coins.  He sold them for BTC, and then someone else burned them.  He earned those coins by PoW and/or by buying them on the market.  We don't just give away money to devs who premine billions of free coins.  We only issue BARR as a replacement for real coins that already have real investment in them and are actively being traded.  Not 1 BARR has ever entered circulation without an equal value of altcoins being burned first. 

As for how many coins we burn, we don't turn anyone down when we're burning a particular altcoin.  People decide whether to burn their own coins.  Other than that, we can only burn as much as we can afford to buy.  But we only offer burn redemption for a coin when we have enough BARR allocated to swap for the entire supply of that altcoin.  So for all of the coins we burned, we were ready and able to replace the entire supply.  The final choice belongs to the holders of the coins, and we've burned as much as 48% of a coin's entire supply.

We did burn 9 Billion Cagecoins and 11 Billion Bunnycoins, and we've burned about $40,000 worth of altcoins in all, making permanent changes across 14 blockchains.  We've also kept thousands of dollars worth of NXT in buy orders to support the price of BARR and make sure not a single person has gotten stuck with BARR and unable to sell it. 

If you wanted to help make an impact in the market, you could have bought BARR or burned any of these altcoins.  Making posts at bitcointalk is free, but making entries in a blockchain ledger costs money.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I run quite a valuable coin with only 2 million in supply and am trying to back it up with more assets. What do we need to do if we want some of the supply burned off? Or what do we benefit buy owning this asset? Are there any dividends made by procuring and holding this asset?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

Just to point out you have stated that you burnt "

It is stated in the first post on this thread, and at barr.me:  ACP – 1,135,048 coins burned

Since you publicly stated that you were wildly dumping your own ACP at the time, you are fully aware of how many were burned.
When your total supply was about 2 million and we burned 1 million in a single transaction, you made a big deal about it.
Since you are the creator of ACP and the only dev, you know that we did not have 100% of the coin supply at that time.

Just to point out you have stated that you burnt "

It is stated in the first post on this thread, and at barr.me:  ACP – 1,135,048 coins burned

Since you publicly stated that you were wildly dumping your own ACP at the time, you are fully aware of how many were burned.
When your total supply was about 2 million and we burned 1 million in a single transaction, you made a big deal about it.
Since you are the creator of ACP and the only dev, you know that we did not have 100% of the coin supply at that time.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Congratulations to everyone for our successful first year.  We've changed 12 blockchains and burned $40,000 worth of altcoins.

Right now we're still waiting to see where the price of NXT will end up after the Ardor split, but BARR should be going up in relation to NXT.

Next year there will be more coins to burn,the trend did not change,many devs still creating over 500 million coins with no usage at all but pump and dump coins,this coin is a big help to the community in my opinion and you're right Barr will increase,because there is no other coin with similar algo.
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520
Congratulations to everyone for our successful first year.  We've changed 12 blockchains and burned $40,000 worth of altcoins.

Right now we're still waiting to see where the price of NXT will end up after the Ardor split, but BARR should be going up in relation to NXT.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
I pm you an address of the burned coins will these decrease the supply of that coins?I did't notice a significant reduction of the supply even though they over 46 millions coin..

That coin has over 10 billion in circulation, so 46 million isn't a high percentage of the overall supply.  But it could still affect the market, depending on how many are being offered.

Thanks for the response,I just want to make sure that the dev of that coin is very transparent and serious that they are going to burn coins coming from the wall..
oh no ! i forgot to vote at the end of october
too late ? or a little change of rules ?

The votes still roll over from previous months, so you'll have to vote a lot to outvote "burn nothing" for now.
Pages:
Jump to: