Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 6. (Read 39325 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
I find it quite confusing,when you first download your wallet you only have one wallet address,so you mean you can create a burn address for yourself.I have 10 wallet address on one wallet and all of them start with the same letter,how can I find out which is which and can I create a burn address..
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Hello I would like to ask,how you can burn a coin all by yourself I have some few altcoins that would like to burn myself,this is to decrease the supply in case there were take over in the future..

Have a look at http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses

You will need to find the alt-coin's pubkey address version number and then send the coins to the address listed.

Or.... You can always send to me ... I'll take care of them for you  Wink   Trust me Smiley

I am more interested on how to burn the coin ,can you give  me a guide on where to find the coin's pubkey adress so it will not be visible to the coin's explorer if you send to that address,I thought you will permanently delete the address

Everything on the blockchain is always visible.  You can send to a burn address, and those coins can never be spent, but the address will still be visible.  If the explorer recognizes burn addresses, it can subtract the burned coins from the total coin supply. 

The easy way to find your burn address is by the first letter of your deposit address.  Bitcoin addresses start with a 1, Dogecoin addresses start with a D, Litecoin addresses start with an L.  So if your coin's deposit addresses start with a T, you go to the above list of burn addresses and see the 3 versions that start with T.  Pick one, send a transaction, and if it's not the right version then it will tell you that it's not a valid address and the transaction won't go through.  One of them will work, and that's your burn address.
legendary
Hello I would like to ask,how you can burn a coin all by yourself I have some few altcoins that would like to burn myself,this is to decrease the supply in case there were take over in the future..

Have a look at http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses

You will need to find the alt-coin's pubkey address version number and then send the coins to the address listed.

Or.... You can always send to me ... I'll take care of them for you  Wink   Trust me Smiley

I am more interested on how to burn the coin ,can you give  me a guide on where to find the coin's pubkey adress so it will not be visible to the coin's explorer if you send to that address,I thought you will permanently delete the address
Activity: 588
Merit: 503

legendary
the guy who voted only burned about 4 dollars, but other guys burned very much

All the other guys together burned a total of about 4.1 billion, and BARR burned the other 5.5 billion.  That's about $2,000 of our personal money, which is all we could afford.  It's good that we added that much more to BARR's marketcap, but it would have been even better to have more community participation and more coins burned by other people than by us.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
the guy who voted only burned about 4 dollars, but other guys burned very much, price had rise about x10
your reports looked optimistically during the burn campaign, but we see so pessimistic continuation in october
i see no reason not to burn anything else
what's the strange vote - burn nothing in October ? for 2000 BARR ! why so ?

We've voted to burn nothing before, it's a good idea if the market doesn't seem good or while we're waiting for some community interest in a coin that will bring lots of participation.

Someone voted to burn Cagecoin, the vote was only 5 BARR, but we allowed it because we thought maybe there was some interest among Cagecoin holders.  But the guy who voted only burned about 4 dollars worth of Cagecoin.  So there wasn't as much participation as we would've liked.  Until more people start voting, we can set a minimum vote by voting for nothing.  That way it will take a larger investment of BARR for a single person to vote in a coin by himself, and that will block the people who aren't serious about it from choosing a coin they don't even want to burn.
legendary
what's the strange vote - burn nothing in October ? for 2000 BARR ! why so ?
This month's burn is now done, thanks everyone!
Good thing i got to visit this thread i got a few saved on my hard drive i thought its going to be a paper weight thanks BARR burn baby burn.

Go ahead and message us with the amount you want to burn, and then send them to the burn address.

The burn period ends in about 2 and a half days.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
Good thing i got to visit this thread i got a few saved on my hard drive i thought its going to be a paper weight thanks BARR burn baby burn.
A few hundred million more burned today, looks like we might break 10 Billion.
7 days left, go dig up those Cagecoin paper wallets before it's too late!
I'd like to point out Cryptopia's excellent custom Cagecoin wallet, which allows withdrawals of more than 99.9~ million.  The official wallet won't let you send more than that, and neither will Bleutrade's wallet.
We've passed 9 billion coins burned so far.  As a nice surprise, the Cagecoin block explorer automatically recognized the burn address and is subtracting the burned coins from the outstanding supply as we go.
Alright, we're off to a good start!  We've burned over 5 Billion CAGE, which is currently worth over $2000 by our estimates.  It's worth over $20,000 according to Coinmarketcap, but that figure might be a little inflated.

legendary
Catch the first million
The burn period for Cagecoin has begun, and will end at 23:59 September 28. 

Send a private message to this account telling us how many Cagecoin you're going to burn, and include your NXT address (not an exchange deposit address).

Then send your CAGE to the burn address.  The burn address is:   DUUhXNEw1bNAMSKgm1Kt2tSPWdzF8952Np

When your transaction is confirmed, we will send you BARR at the rate of 1 BARR per 500,000 CAGE you burn, which is .00000200 BARR per CAGE.

Check the balance of the burn address at this link:
http://cagechain.info/address/DUUhXNEw1bNAMSKgm1Kt2tSPWdzF8952Np

Let's see how many CAGE we can burn!
Pages:
Jump to: