Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 5. (Read 39325 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I pm you an address of the burned coins will these decrease the supply of that coins?I did't notice a significant reduction of the supply even though they over 46 millions coin..

That coin has over 10 billion in circulation, so 46 million isn't a high percentage of the overall supply.  But it could still affect the market, depending on how many are being offered.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
oh no ! i forgot to vote at the end of october
too late ? or a little change of rules ?
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
I pm you an address of the burned coins will these decrease the supply of that coins?I did't notice a significant reduction of the supply even though they over 46 millions coin..
I heard you guys are the only ones who burn the coins

How did you hear that when you just registered today?  Please don't be such an obvious liar.

Post with your main account or don't post. 

As always, there is a public vote on the NXT blockchain, so anyone can vote for which coins to burn.  Everyone can see the votes as they come in, and all of this is explained in detail in this topic for anyone who wants to read and find out how the process works.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
What a waste of time this is, who buys coins before everyone know they are up for burn and then burn them a month later , sounds like some kind of scam. I heard you guys are the only ones who burn the coins and it's like an organised scam.
If you outline the whole procedure maybe we will know how it works but it looks like you just buy the coins knowing which ones are to be burn before you announce them to be burn and you get the upper hand on getting them cheaper for burn.
When I read the title it sounded like a bad idea. But it's actually not a bad idea to get a lot of users. Too bad I don't have any altcoins.

You can buy BARR directly on the NXT Asset Exchange.

Not sure how to do that? Any tutorials?

You can download the wallet from nxt.org, and after the blockchain is synced then you can trade within the wallet.  Or you can use an online wallet at mynxt.info, but I think they charge a small fee for a "plugin" to trade assets.

All trades are actually done on the NXT blockchain, peer-to-peer, fully decentralized, which means BARR can never be delisted and can always be exchanged for NXT.  Since the NXT blockchain also runs BARR, that lets BARR have the users and security of NXT's $12 Million dollar network.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
When I read the title it sounded like a bad idea. But it's actually not a bad idea to get a lot of users. Too bad I don't have any altcoins.

Not sure how to do that? Any tutorials?
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
If you don't want to use one of the addresses in that list, you'll need a program to design an address for you.  You'll start out with whatever phrase you want, i.e. FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddress, and then the program will check to see if that address validates in Base58 according to your coin's version.  It won't, so it will try FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddresX, then FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddreXX, trying millions of different combinations of numbers and letters, until it eventually finds one that works such as FortuneCryp7hAF3f4Yap2KSDa6nd

So there is a program like that ? can you lead me to that program so I can create a customize one for those coins that I am going to burn.

You really should use the addresses on that list as they are provably unspendable addresses.

IIRC, these addresses Private keys are not valid in the mathematics as it is zero. Therefor any coins sent are non redeemable.

If you use another program please verify that it is provably unspendable and a burn address.

The program above appears to generate a valid base58 vanity public address for a coin but the private key associated to it could be valid (if known or found).

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
legendary
Thanks!  Our 1-year birthday is coming soon. 
how are you going to celebrate it ? maybe a little giveaway ?  Wink
That's a great idea!  Send your BARR to the Market Fund, no limit to how much you can give.  What a celebration, thanks!
oh, guys... i think you are richer than me and i don't have such amount of BARR to make you happy
i'll give a gift to you at the end of october
i think it will be a vote for bla-bla-bla-coin to burn in november
hope you will not discard my gift  Wink
If you don't want to use one of the addresses in that list, you'll need a program to design an address for you.  You'll start out with whatever phrase you want, i.e. FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddress, and then the program will check to see if that address validates in Base58 according to your coin's version.  It won't, so it will try FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddresX, then FortuneCryptoDedicatedBurnAddreXX, trying millions of different combinations of numbers and letters, until it eventually finds one that works such as FortuneCryp7hAF3f4Yap2KSDa6nd

So there is a program like that ? can you lead me to that program so I can create a customize one for those coins that I am going to burn.

https://gist.github.com/CoinWhisperer/6d673f1f3d13da1611cd
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

That's a great idea!  Send your BARR to the Market Fund, no limit to how much you can give.  What a celebration, thanks!
legendary
i appreciate you idea and the work you are doing from the past one year

And 1791L is a great YouTube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4oMaqaY0hIoT9jafj1g8g/videos
Activity: 254
Merit: 102
i appreciate you idea and the work you are doing from the past one year
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
All the addresses in your wallet are generated by your private key.

These burn addresses have no known private keys:

http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses

Thanks for all the response but can you create a dedicated address to burn a coin I would like to set up to burn some of my coins.
All the addresses in your wallet are generated by your private key.

These burn addresses have no known private keys:

http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses
Pages:
Jump to: