Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 25. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Merged mining may be a good option in the long term, but the immediate need is to get BEN working again.  For that, we just need to get all the metrics adjusted accordingly.

We seem to be at a 150 second block time between block 0 and block 24243 (last my client has).

Let's get BEN moving again, then worry about merge mining.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Absolutely, lets rather adjust the difficulty and perhaps the number of coins instead of merged mining.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
I Opt For Difficulty Adjustment to get Ben on a roll again !
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
My only issue with merged mining is it assumes the merged coin is second best. I think it would be prudent to make sure another coin is merged with BEN, not having BEN merged with another coin.

Good point
Activity: 524
My only issue with merged mining is it assumes the merged coin is second best. I think it would be prudent to make sure another coin is merged with BEN, not having BEN merged with another coin.
Activity: 714
I dont see anything wrong with merge mining, i think that would be great.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
My wallet it's stucked at 24138 block...
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
uggh merge mining.   say it aint so.     Would rather see the chain forked and difficulty parameters adjusted than that.

doc, why do you not like merge mining?
American1973
Okay, here is my own entry.  I shall keep my ten BEN bounty until bested in the memespace.

American1973
How shall I prepare? Popcorn? a bug out bag? head to the basement and stockpile food?

I was being facetious as I link other threads to this forum.

Hmm but, yes I think it will make sense to be able to do cypto and exchange in the Wasteland.  Benjamin Frankin as Road Warrior would be a great meme.

I hereby announce a ten BEN bounty for the best Benjamin as Mad Max future survivor coin-miner meme graphic, posted to this thread.

I will pay to the BEN wallet of your choice TEN BEN for seeing him as a future smart dude.  Give me your memes in this thread, how would Ben look if he survived WW3 and continued to mine cryptocoin.  The future needs us in fighting shape, you gotta know that.  Benjamin Franklin was a smart badass, if he needed to gear up and gun up for WW3, you know he would do so.  How can we get William Bansai to do this for us, does he accept BEN yet?  Somebody get zerohedge on the horn, oh wait, they're cryptocoin haters.

Only how many watts to run an antminer?  You know people of the future will wear them on their hip, just like the pipboy, which also, we need.  For reals.  Oh, and, EMP shielding for the antminer would also be good I suppose.

Futureworld here we come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15pOr1E6hvc

[continues to mine Benjamins knowing the spirit of Benjamin Franklin is with us.]
Activity: 168
How shall I prepare? Popcorn? a bug out bag? head to the basement and stockpile food?
American1973
Prepare for influx of viewers on this fine threade of great importance.
Activity: 452
uggh merge mining.   say it aint so.     Would rather see the chain forked and difficulty parameters adjusted than that.

Apols if this is answered in the 70 pages somewhere but Virustotal flags two reds with the Windows wallet RAR - WS.Reputation.1 and Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT ?

thanks

Those are false positives.
Activity: 725

*** FREE 0% Fee Mining Pool with Stratum and Vardiff ***

Fee FREE Benjamins mining pool available from iSpace Mining Pools at http://ispace.co.uk

Also, why not check out new multipools that automatically switch pools based on various strategies - http://ispace.co.uk/our-multipools

Grin
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
Apols if this is answered in the 70 pages somewhere but Virustotal flags two reds with the Windows wallet RAR - WS.Reputation.1 and Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT ?

thanks
American1973

[...]

This is how sites like cex.io can mine that many coins at once. Getting this coin merged and into a pool like that will solve your difficulty problems easily

Sounds like the standard rush to "profit" without any thought to security.  Just my .02.  And I am not an investor on some market I am mining 24/7.  Buying and dumping coins is just ancillary crap.  Mining and holding is where the true efforts and spirit will be found.

The people who come up with new profit ideas or schemes, are typically the cause of security problems down the road.  This merge mining seems "profitable" but also hackneyed and opposite of the concept of blockchains rejecting bad nodes.  Do what you want, but I will mine the most secure coin that sets a good future.  The more I read about merge mining I hear 'trust trust trust' which is the mantra of fools and thieves.  Sure we need to foster more _personal_ trust, because cryptocoin is such an attractor for soulless scumsucking thieves.  But human trust, is not not machine trust. 

Machines trusting each other is the world's biggest vector for exploitation.  Anyway do what you want, I am mining glady withut any changes, sure maybe at some loss, but I am mining based on integrity of the coin and its curve.  I know the diff is high, but the weight of Benjamin F's spirit is heavy with the desire to create something good.  He knows his USD 100 banknote is not money, is it debt.  So, he wants integrity.

Like I said, you need to get merchants to be miners, that's what I am planning to do.  Oh and make some ancillary websites like fiatleak that emphasize your coin.  Which I am also looking into.  But, why not study how coins get debauched?  How did REAL MONEY of silver coins, become transformed into fake paper money which is literally a debt note right on the face of it?  It's through devaluation.

BTC is not worth anything more than the black market or the white market, say its worth.  So, it's all a judgement call as to how you value hashing power.  The right philosophy at the right moment, can cause an epic money flow into the right coin.  I am always going to call bullshit when I smell profit-douche entering a meeting trying to talk over the security guys.  Because, in the end, of your customers get f'ed you should never have even bothered trying in the first place.  The public has had too many "Whoops, we didn't know!" moments imo.
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
Just posting because this thread is much too quiet.

May as well ask: any word yet?

Also, with merge mining, how does that work for me, the miner? If it all goes well etc, will I still be able to mine at pitythepool or?
and, um, no, that should be enough to confuse me for now.

won't make any difference to you but most pools won't be able to take advantage of the merged mining. At least any of the pools that run on MPOS as it doen't support merged mining. NOt really sure what happens in that situation, like... even though the pool frontend doesn't support it... do the merged coins still get generated and collected somewhere???

I feel like I can answer this for him as I have a deep understanding of HOW it works, but not how to implement it, though I've heard it's very easy to add merged mining in a fork. Merged mining doesn't affect the mining of the coin if you are mining that coin directly. You'll still need to update, but you can still directly mine the child chain with no changes to your pool other than the new client. To merge mine, you are actually mining Bitcoin, but the aux chains will accept Bitcoin POW (hash rate) to solve blocks for the other chains. You can mine as many coins as you want to that are set up to be aux. Bitcoin does not need to know about child chains, but child chains need to be updated to have POW accepted through the parent chain

Basically, your pools will still work, you'll just need to update when they fork it. In order to merge mine, you have to set up a Bitcoin pool, with the alts are the aux coins. This is how sites like cex.io can mine that many coins at once. Getting this coin merged and into a pool like that will solve your difficulty problems easily
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Just posting because this thread is much too quiet.

May as well ask: any word yet?

Also, with merge mining, how does that work for me, the miner? If it all goes well etc, will I still be able to mine at pitythepool or?
and, um, no, that should be enough to confuse me for now.

won't make any difference to you but most pools won't be able to take advantage of the merged mining. At least any of the pools that run on MPOS as it doen't support merged mining. NOt really sure what happens in that situation, like... even though the pool frontend doesn't support it... do the merged coins still get generated and collected somewhere???
Pages:
Jump to: