Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 26. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Just posting because this thread is much too quiet.

May as well ask: any word yet?

Also, with merge mining, how does that work for me, the miner? If it all goes well etc, will I still be able to mine at pitythepool or?
and, um, no, that should be enough to confuse me for now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
Max BENs: 12,800,000

So merge mining will get you closer to this number, faster?
American1973
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

You can merge mine all SHA coins that are set up to be auxillary chains at once

Paysha also said they would launch a pool for all 4 coins on their site if someone gets BEN set up for it

Okay I looked at the specs.  Essentially, shared Proof of Work (POW) allows one blockchain to trust another's work.  Since these are all basically BTC knockoffs, then that seems easy enough, provided you get your true tech-skills-angels to flock to you.  Usin BEN bounty is good, but I think the best minds flock to ideas and leadership on behalf of the people.  You know, like Benjamin F. himself might do, to not screw thy neighbor, so to speak.

Okay so, I am the grumpy security guy who always says no to everything.  But see, if it were left up to people like me, well, no space shuttles would get launched because there is inherent risk in everything great.  Said another way, linking up blockchains opens up all new potential vulnerabilities to a blockchain that probably only the coders really can truly discuss.

So, the path to helping Joe and Suzy Public accept cryptocoin and pay for pepsico products with it on a non-black market, involves basically standing up for even the most feeble, of users.  I have supported users, both fully inept and fully tech enabled.  It was my job to help them and not make them look stupid.  Well, in my experience of being tech support, I found programmers to be the most interesting and free of persons.  I knew they were a special group, and I am now just a noob but I respect with much affection, all whom learned any language and tried to ensure the code was good.

When I read the specs for satoshi's idea, I knew it would succeed some day, I just didn't think it would succeed so well that black markets and money laundering would even be a factor.  But, now that I see it built, I know that essentially, every blockchain is a bucket.  A conduit, for money flow.  Therefore, let us build the conduit as simply and smoothly as possible.  Let it be transparent and based on the acceptance of good nodes and the rejection of bad nodes.  Forgive me, but I do not see how the notion of merged mining is marriagable to the notion of rejecting bad nodes?  If one coin is owned by some attack, shalln't other coins in its trust circle also suffer?  Anyway, I also wonder if perhaps they intend the merge-mine teamup idea, to provide better transaction speeds or better service to the customers/users?  If so, that is a noble goal.  But, service at cost of security, is putting cart before horse imo.  

A true programmer can comment on this better than me, I am totally just now learning Javascript so I can take other people's great websites like fiatleak, and hopefully give them credit on some cool derivative of their fine work.  I suppose many programmers would refer to code that others have written and gifted to the central book of knowledge.  Indeed, as I learn how to program, I find so much attitude of sharing that it is kinda humbling.  Too bad one place like Gox can run on PHP and function so well on bad code that all the n00bs get wrecked.  It is a damn shame, and it is also the current mileu of cryptocoins.  So, Benjamins, hold true to security for the low level people, the basic sheeplike but courageous early-adopting-ones who are tired of being sheard, knowmsayin?
Activity: 140
No takers, yet, but I'm still looking

NP, mining happily here.  It is an interesting time.

Merge mining versus diff adjustments will bring what benefits?  Merge mining brings more miners, but thereby waters down the competition for miners themselves?  So I am guessing that for a coin to be included in merged mining schema means something akin to coins forming up "coinfederations", LOL?

So let's chart the coinfederations that are forming eh?  BTC >< LTC would be the biggest I guess.  But that's an unfriendly coinfederation. at least in terms of the bankrolls of the top dogs.  And I do mean dogs, because what this whole sector needs is integrity like what Benjamin Franklin would bring.

Integrity is what has true value these days.  But what does it mean to have integrity?  I am sure Ben F. could tell us were he here.  Frugality, savings, long term thinking, sharing of information with allies, etc.

Paysha also said they would launch a pool for all 4 coins on their site if someone gets BEN set up for it

NP, mining happily here.  It is an interesting time.

Merge mining versus diff adjustments will bring what benefits?  Merge mining brings more miners, but thereby waters down the competition for miners themselves?  So I am guessing that for a coin to be included in merged mining schema means something akin to coins forming up "coinfederations", LOL?

So let's chart the coinfederations that are forming eh?  BTC >< LTC would be the biggest I guess.  But that's an unfriendly coinfederation. at least in terms of the bankrolls of the top dogs.  And I do mean dogs, because what this whole sector needs is integrity like what Benjamin Franklin would bring.

Integrity is what has true value these days.  But what does it mean to have integrity?  I am sure Ben F. could tell us were he here.  Frugality, savings, long term thinking, sharing of information with allies, etc.

American1973

NP, mining happily here.  It is an interesting time.

Merge mining versus diff adjustments will bring what benefits?  Merge mining brings more miners, but thereby waters down the competition for miners themselves?  So I am guessing that for a coin to be included in merged mining schema means something akin to coins forming up "coinfederations", LOL?

So let's chart the coinfederations that are forming eh?  BTC >< LTC would be the biggest I guess.  But that's an unfriendly coinfederation. at least in terms of the bankrolls of the top dogs.  And I do mean dogs, because what this whole sector needs is integrity like what Benjamin Franklin would bring.

Integrity is what has true value these days.  But what does it mean to have integrity?  I am sure Ben F. could tell us were he here.  Frugality, savings, long term thinking, sharing of information with allies, etc.
Bounty up to 11k BEN - Thanks

http://198.147.23.176:2750/address/137oB6pKYq6LFcinLWM21u7V8BPQPXToER

Whatever that balance is on that address will be the bounty

It will show up when the next block is found
Bounty up to 11k BEN - Thanks

http://198.147.23.176:2750/address/137oB6pKYq6LFcinLWM21u7V8BPQPXToER

Whatever that balance is on that address will be the bounty
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
If you guys find anyone to do it, we will set up a pool for all 4 coins on Paysha to be merge mined at the same time. Should help the network a bit

I'll throw another 1000 BEN into the bounty because I agree whole heartedly with merged mining, just post an address to send it to
Putting out a 10k BEN bounty for someone to add merged mining. We will see if I can find someone reliable and trustworthy to help out

PM me if you want to help in private and we will keep your name from being posted anywhere unless you want us to
Putting out a 10k BEN bounty for someone to add merged mining. We will see if I can find someone reliable and trustworthy to help out
I just wanted to paste this great point from user Armis about security and trust being foremost in any good coin.

From thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gox-crime-scene-investigation-case-mg744-492776

My friend when btc catches a cold, litecoin get's pneumonia, most other coins are either dead or on life-support.   

Trust is what enables the protocol to scale, without the trust mechanism only a few tech-heads around the world will use the protocol, via P2P, OT, and the like.

None of that is worth VC money, or attractive to associated service companies ... long story short, if the system wasn't created with built-in trust, isn't reinforced by trust, or trust cannot be guaranteed then it will never scale.   

The BTC community, and by extension the whole cryptocurrency industry must prove that trust reasonably exists within the btc system for it to survive.

If done right, the cryptocurrency industry can produce TRILLIONAIRES not just millionaires, or billionaires.   

He's right. It's going to go a LOT higher
American1973
I just wanted to paste this great point from user Armis about security and trust being foremost in any good coin.

From thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gox-crime-scene-investigation-case-mg744-492776

My friend when btc catches a cold, litecoin get's pneumonia, most other coins are either dead or on life-support.   

Trust is what enables the protocol to scale, without the trust mechanism only a few tech-heads around the world will use the protocol, via P2P, OT, and the like.

None of that is worth VC money, or attractive to associated service companies ... long story short, if the system wasn't created with built-in trust, isn't reinforced by trust, or trust cannot be guaranteed then it will never scale.   

The BTC community, and by extension the whole cryptocurrency industry must prove that trust reasonably exists within the btc system for it to survive.

If done right, the cryptocurrency industry can produce TRILLIONAIRES not just millionaires, or billionaires.   
American1973

Okay on chinese characters, thanks.

Ben, this github code for fiatleak is awesome, I didn't know he released it on github, but these ref's are .js refs and I am a n00b at javascript but I totally respect his awesome site.  Can anybody help me parse these lines in terms of how they could be fashioned to read the API from Ben's site?  Line by line I think I can figure out what's going on, but this would serve everyone so I would like to make it work correctly in terms of taking a brilliant idea like fiatleak to the next level.  I know there is a fiatleak thread here somewhere too, I will post it if I find it.  I think Ben needs something different than the gong sound, how about a liberty bell?

Help me parse this because I would need to replace gox with something viable, I am guessing cryptsy API which would simply sit and monitor the BEN page on cryptsy and other exchanges?

Code:
// From Andrew Hodel's fiatleak:

Ben I gotta say I am liking your website being in Russian and Chinese as well, this gives good global penetrations for Benjamins.  And yet I find I cannot see the Chinese characters, they are unicode replacements.  I am not sure if that's a browser issue I need to look into it more because I think it's important to solicit the Chinese in this.  They also are big fans of Benjamin I heard.  His brand is big there.

Hmm okay I also want to build a fiatleak site but for Benjamins.  I need to email the fiatleak dude, that site is a lot of fun and seems fairly easy to build one that does what it does, anytime BTC is traded for BEN, a gong rings and a coin flies up.  Ha, I love fiatleak.  And a LOT of cryptocoin is going into China, and they also have some miners, and will have more miners, I bet.

https://github.com/andrewhodel/fiatleak
Activity: 168
I am able to see the Chinese characters, running Chrome. If that helps you with your investigation at all.
American1973
Ben I gotta say I am liking your website being in Russian and Chinese as well, this gives good global penetrations for Benjamins.  And yet I find I cannot see the Chinese characters, they are unicode replacements.  I am not sure if that's a browser issue I need to look into it more because I think it's important to solicit the Chinese in this.  They also are big fans of Benjamin I heard.  His brand is big there.

Hmm okay I also want to build a fiatleak site but for Benjamins.  I need to email the fiatleak dude, that site is a lot of fun and seems fairly easy to build one that does what it does, anytime BTC is traded for BEN, a gong rings and a coin flies up.  Ha, I love fiatleak.  And a LOT of cryptocoin is going into China, and they also have some miners, and will have more miners, I bet.
I could probably get merged mining to work myself, but I would rather have someone who knows more than me to make sure it's done right. I will probably post a bounty if I can't find anyone who is confident enough

The reason is that it will be a fork. That means a mandatory upgrade and with all the pools and exchanges BEN is on, we need to make sure it's done right the first time
Pages:
Jump to: