Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 28. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
You guys aren't taking into account the several years of mining we would eliminate in the future if we shorten block times. That would essentially eliminate several years of mining for coins prior to just tx fees from the life of the coin. I think a shitty few months now is worth it to give the coin a few extra years of mining life

Prayer's suggestion was pretty good, though, but even still we are taking away a MINIMUM of 20% of the mining life of the coin if we do this

Years of mining being eliminated?  Eh?  Those years of mining were accidental to begin with.  At a 2 minute block time, you're doubling the years of mining.  At 3 minutes, it's triple.

BEN was advertised with 64 second block times.  Personally, I think this is way too fast, but that's beside the point.  For the current problem, I think that both miners and merchants will be happier with a reliable 2-3 minute block time as opposed to 4 hour block times.

For BEN, or any coin, to work, it needs 1) Miners to process transactions and 2) transactions to process

Right now, BEN is on the road to eliminating both requirements for a successful coin.

The time to act is now... the longer you wait, the harder it will be to correct.

PS: I got caught on the wrong side of the cryptsy orderbook and lost over 50% of my coin.  I'm not mad, as this is my first experience trading, but I'm not happy either.  Given the current conditions, I'm not holding my breath on higher prices any time soon.

PPS: As soon as we find a few more blocks on Slush, I'll be moving back to BEN for a while, but will not stay if something's not done soon.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
Well I just got a block so that's a nice bunch of coins.  Yay.  I'll stick around.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 140
You guys aren't taking into account the several years of mining we would eliminate in the future if we shorten block times. That would essentially eliminate several years of mining for coins prior to just tx fees from the life of the coin. I think a shitty few months now is worth it to give the coin a few extra years of mining life

Prayer's suggestion was pretty good, though, but even still we are taking away a MINIMUM of 20% of the mining life of the coin if we do this
American1973
Something has to change. I withdrew my 400 Giga Hash miners from BEN - Pity the Pool until the issue has been fixed. Still has 3 Giga Hash at this pool. I really didn't want to do at this stage but someone has to convince me otherwise.

I would say they could find .4tb of power with 5 n00b merchants who invest in gear as a group, and foster mining and TX between themselves.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Something has to change. I withdrew my 400 Giga Hash miners from BEN - Pity the Pool until the issue has been fixed. Still has 3 Giga Hash at this pool. I really didn't want to do at this stage but someone has to convince me otherwise.
American1973
Ben has a good general point about rarity, but also dude above makes good point about how early blocks of BTC were intended for the mining gear of that time.

I think any logical decision should be to reward holders, which we presume are miners.  Sellers will allow more rarity of Benjamins as buyers grab and hold them.

But yes, 10 coins in 3 days mining 24/7 is pretty bad LOL, but those coins are earned dammit!  If you do fork it, do it with the full intent of integrity to the long term objectives, is all I'd say.  But I feel good mining, I'll stick to it.  I don't expect to see the present cost of mining reflected today in the value, that's silly.  The value will come from the dev team and their good ideas.
what the hell happened at pitythepool?
I just popped in to check my wee miner and see I am one of 8 workers.

edit: make that 5 workers now...
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Well this is what happens when you Implement KGW (From the Start) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493942.140

Dunno if it would be any different during a coins Lifespan

Yet I'm Totally Against KGW lol
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

OK, one last time I'm going to try to compel you to do this, then I'll shut up and get off my soapbox Smiley

The network is taking on average 4.53 hours per confirmation right now.  Yes, I know the math given the current diff and net hashrate says it should be around 100 minutes but it's not, check the block explorer:

March 5 total of 6 blocks were found, average 4 hours per block
March 6 total of 5 blocks were found, average 4.80 hours per block
March 7 total of 7 blocks were found, average 3.43 hours per block
March 8 total of 4 blocks were found, average 6.0 hours per block

Network average of the past four days is 4.53 hours per block

BEN requires 120 confirmations for mined blocks.  At this rate that is 22 days to confirm a newly mined block of BEN's.  My pool, which is the *only* pool actually mining BEN right now, has not made a payout in two days.

BEN requires 6 confirmations for transactions.  That's 27.18 hours to send someone BEN.  For God's sake, Fedex is faster.

BEN is 1986 blocks away from the next diff adjustment.  That is 374.85 days.  Yes, over a YEAR before BEN difficulty adjusts back to "normal," assuming the network hashrate does not drop any lower.  Problem is, by then, BEN will be way behind schedule on blocks, so it will adjust way too low.  Undoubtedly, this will cause many more miners to jump on, BEN will probably end up getting ahead of itself again, and we'll be back at the same problem we are right now.  Likely, it won't be quite this severe, but it's going to happen again.

This coin HAS TO FORK.  It cannot fix itself.

Prayer had a good idea a few posts back.  It has been roughly 60,000 minutes since the network launched, we are currently at block 24223, so that gives BEN around 2.5 minutes average block time since launch.  I agree with his recommendation:

Fork at block 24250 or so, adjust to have 2.5 minute block times
Diff adjustments every 60 blocks (2.5 hours)
Diff adjusts based on average block time over the past 60 blocks, rather than average block time since network was launched (which is pretty much what it does now)

Instead of flooding the BEN thread, we will post updates on https://twitter.com/PayshaPayments

Just made it now and it will not be very active until the Paysha beta

After we officially launch, that will be our preferred method of announcements

Followed  Smiley
Activity: 33
Instead of flooding the BEN thread, we will post updates on https://twitter.com/PayshaPayments

If you follow us and send a BEN address with #Paysha I'll send you 20 BEN each

DO IT
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
whats this smoeone needs concept POS system? I could clone coinkite's terminal in a couple days using rasberrypi...
could even make a benjamins ATM using rasberrypi and some hardware addons, and a little bit of code.

Precisely, I don't doubt you could.

Indeed, there aren't any really new ideas, unless like Satoshi, you can prove it.  Everyone else is a remora on his belly.

Sure buddy no doubt your terminal would work.  BUT, how to make it theftproof?  It is well to frustrate the thieving assholes, and we need to do this first.  Like, someone responsible has to build a functional handrail, before some pack of skateboarding tech experts do grinds on it, knowmsayin?

So, it does seem like some payment process is due to arrive, but will it be delivered by wall street?  God, I pray not.  I mine Benjamins if only to preserve the notion of real money in America.  Well, bitcoin is the big one but they have lots of crime to deal with now.  As for SHA, I'd say Benjamins have the possibility to be a coin with good faith from the start.  But yes, as is being explained, bitcoin was meant to be mined by low level computers so we are ahead in the difficulty.  BUT what matters really, is # of coins in the float.

Even the trashcoins wich have maximized their float utterly, have use as vehicles, as many people use doge for conduit, money sits there at shit levels quite nicely while waiting a day to go to wherever.  So, cryptocoins formost, are waiting for something with leadership and integrity.  I am comfortable spending a few loss leading pennies on electricity to mine Benjamins.  I could change pools but not worried about it.  There is more being earned these days than just some electropennies, there is also, credibility.  And that's hard to come by.

You might end up plesently supprised.

If you follow us and send a BEN address with #Paysha I'll send you 20 BEN each

TakeiCoin seems to be dead. One less SHA competitor, I guess
Hi there,

Benjamins has been added on www.coins2themoon.com
You can exchange BEN/BTC, BEN/LTC & BEN/DOGE

Besides that, we have started new campaign on Coins2TheMoon.com:
Every Second Day is a 0% Fee Day You can trade for 0% trading fees on every other day.
When you login on header will be displayed "Today is a 0% Fee Day" or "Tomorrow is a 0% Fee Day".

Just to remind you: We have 72 Market Pairs and 22 Coins to Trade!

Please note that it does not applies to withdrawal fees.

Happy trading,

Sincerely,

C2M Team

Thanks, we are happy to be a part of your site!!
Activity: 56
Hi there,

Benjamins has been added on www.coins2themoon.com
You can exchange BEN/BTC, BEN/LTC & BEN/DOGE

http://i.imgur.com/3yR1jPr.png

Besides that, we have started new campaign on Coins2TheMoon.com:
Every Second Day is a 0% Fee Day You can trade for 0% trading fees on every other day.
When you login on header will be displayed "Today is a 0% Fee Day" or "Tomorrow is a 0% Fee Day".

Just to remind you: We have 72 Market Pairs and 22 Coins to Trade!

Please note that it does not applies to withdrawal fees.

Happy trading,

Sincerely,

C2M Team

Hi guys, I'm on Pitythepool! and seem to be building up hundreds of unconfirmed coins.  Any idea what's preventing them from becoming confirmed?

Slow blocks
Pages:
Jump to: