Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 56. (Read 200998 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Yes.. I sort of figured that out Smiley

Trouble is that the pools are very different - Slush is score based and the btcguild is shift based.. so if my rental runs out on the score based, i loose way to much of my work in that round. I like the btcguild better..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Hello - new here, but rented some 20 rigs now and renting my own Smiley
BUT... I have trouble getting the rented rigs to work with btcguild. Nothing shows up with any of the rigs i rent.
If i switch to Slush pool, it almost immediatly starts showing results.
Any ideas ?

Keep on the pool that work.
Activity: 2
Hello - new here, but rented some 20 rigs now and renting my own Smiley

BUT... I have trouble getting the rented rigs to work with btcguild. Nothing shows up with any of the rigs i rent.

If i switch to Slush pool, it almost immediatly starts showing results.

Any ideas ?

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
That would do no good actually. Most of these accounts are tor accounts that are just created temporarily to screw with the owners. There would be no point of blacklisting them. A more robust method needs to be implemented.... like not allowing renters to leave feedback unless they have rented atleast 5 times in the past or something like that. Also instead of waiting for the bitcoin to finish confirmations, give them 5 minutes to enter their tx id. you could then have the script verify if the txid is corresponding with the BTC amount and proceed with the hashing before the confirmations are finished. In the extremely rare chance that the confirmations are not happening in half hour, stop the hashing and treat it like an unpaid renter.
I'm sure this is a much better method that waiting for the confirmations to take place. Also most scammers are other rig owners blocking up the competing rigs. It is simply too much trouble to fake a tx id that shows that exact BTC amount to the payment address mentioned.

No feedback possible before renting few times.
+ Tor accounts must be blocked.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
How about setting up a list of bad customers who can be blacklisted from renting your rig where, if three or more renters report the same user their bad reviews get removed from the list?

User 'jjj092353' rented one of my A2 ASICs and got higher than quoted performance out of it, but didn't bother to leave a positive review but, the next day, when he rented another one and the graph showed a short gap where the performance apparently dropped, he demanded a full refund for his 3 hour rental and left me a 0/10 'catastrophic' review for it, even though I know damn well the unit performed perfectly well during those three hours because I was monitoring it the whole time.

Petulant behaviour from renters is a real problem. It strikes me as likely that they want to jump all over a new coin and dump it for a profit which, when it doesn't work out for them, sees them hurling complaint and bad reviews at the rig owner.

That would do no good actually. Most of these accounts are tor accounts that are just created temporarily to screw with the owners. There would be no point of blacklisting them. A more robust method needs to be implemented.... like not allowing renters to leave feedback unless they have rented atleast 5 times in the past or something like that. Also instead of waiting for the bitcoin to finish confirmations, give them 5 minutes to enter their tx id. you could then have the script verify if the txid is corresponding with the BTC amount and proceed with the hashing before the confirmations are finished. In the extremely rare chance that the confirmations are not happening in half hour, stop the hashing and treat it like an unpaid renter.

I'm sure this is a much better method that waiting for the confirmations to take place. Also most scammers are other rig owners blocking up the competing rigs. It is simply too much trouble to fake a tx id that shows that exact BTC amount to the payment address mentioned.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
How about setting up a list of bad customers who can be blacklisted from renting your rig where, if three or more renters report the same user their bad reviews get removed from the list?

User 'jjj092353' rented one of my A2 ASICs and got higher than quoted performance out of it, but didn't bother to leave a positive review but, the next day, when he rented another one and the graph showed a short gap where the performance apparently dropped, he demanded a full refund for his 3 hour rental and left me a 0/10 'catastrophic' review for it, even though I know damn well the unit performed perfectly well during those three hours because I was monitoring it the whole time.

Petulant behaviour from renters is a real problem. It strikes me as likely that they want to jump all over a new coin and dump it for a profit which, when it doesn't work out for them, sees them hurling complaint and bad reviews at the rig owner.
Activity: 12
Hello,

Just a question about a guy with account [email protected]
He has been renting my rig and not paying for the second time already just to get me out of the price charts...
What can be done about this?

I'm getting the same behavior from one particular account that will rent my rigs but not pay and it leaves my rig and price sidelined for the duration of the shenanigans.  This has occurred only from this particular renter and it's happened multiple times.

Does this need to be reported via the ticket system or does something like this get snuffed out eventually?

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
There are certain mining pools that appear to only confirm half of the shares, causing the accepted charts to show lower hashrates. I am literally eyeballing my miners showing constant full speed (and lots of new block changes per minute) and the chart shows half the speed. Has anyone else seen this?
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Is there a way to place a hashrate monitor of stats from the miner side to prove to snarky renters that the rig performed perfectly well and that their 'catastrophic' review is unwarranted as any performance issue was clearly at wherever they had it pointed?

I tells ya' it's like dealing with stroppy five-year-olds at times.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hello,

He has been renting my rig and not paying for the second time already just to get me out of the price charts...

I thought you had to pay within 30 minutes or it goes back? Or is that what you mean... marks you rented for 30 mins?? I'd log a support ticket rather than seeking help here. I would expect they would/will ban members like that...
Activity: 49
Hello,

Activity: 826
Merit: 302
Activity: 392
member of GameCredits Dev team
I wrote the ticket and waiting for the answer.

I am rented 6rigs,but transfer Btc  is for some reason late(not in 30mins),
the ordered rigs are canceled,but transfers gone......

regards to all

That happened to me few times but they will sort it out, dont worry Wink

thank you
i wrote 1 ticket for 6 rigs,is it ok?Or i must write 6 tickets?What u think?

edit:They are great:D

Dear neleonele,

Hello,

You've been refunded for all the BTC transaction.
Watch website sometimes take taxes.

Cheers.
Dacha
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
I've rented this rig:
https://www.betarigs.com/rig/5171

It is not mining or functioning in anyway.  It momentarily ran at some obscenely low number for less than an hour,
and then disappeared again.  What can be done to rectify this considering I am out .055BTC?

regards to all

thank you
i wrote 1 ticket for 6 rigs,is it ok?Or i must write 6 tickets?What u think?
Activity: 411
user _SlyFox_ twice tried to hire and pay, but not paid. What are your observations?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

regards to all

regards to all

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
betarigs apparently takes "years" for reply to ticket, or actually support ticket was just decoration Huh

it takes 24 hours, i have filled out a couple...

Activity: 26
betarigs apparently takes "years" for reply to ticket, or actually support ticket was just decoration Huh
Pages:
Jump to: