Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 87. (Read 200998 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
For the "expand suggestion".

There could be a pop-up  "The renter increased the price to XXX(X/Mhash/day/). Do you still want to expand it for the new price? or something like that. This way the problem would be solved.
Activity: 84
For those who are asking why to rent from betarigs, here's an idea...

Go to the Latest Altcoin website http://www.shiliwu.com/ and find a coin that has potential (and not on any exchange yet), then you get as much hash power as you can on Betarigs for 24-48 hours and mine that coin. Wait for it to hit an exchange and cash in.

It's way cheaper than building and maintaining your own rigs - it requires much less money in advance... Cool

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Are there any plans to implement renewal / extend of rented rigs? So I do not have to wait until they finish and rent them again. Just click "renew / extend" and choose time period.

Probably not. The reason is that rig owner may want to change the price for the next rental...

However, I already suggested, the betarigs could email you an alert when rig is available to rent again. Hope mux sees this...

That would be easy to implement.  If the owner doesn't change the prices then it's automatically renewed when ended.
Activity: 146
I just rented out my first miner for 6 hours. But the problem seems to be that my renter has not setup a pool. Because pool 0 (betarigs) does nothing at the moment. My SGminer config is the following:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://eu.betarigs.com:3333",
"user" : "letuslook-1727",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum.scryptguild.com:3333",
"user" : "letuslook",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,

"gpu-engine" : "1080",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"auto-fan" : true,

"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"shaders" : "2048",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192"
}

Is this correct?

Thanks

~ Luc
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I think extending the rental period would be really useful for both renters as rig-owners. Maybe the rig owner could set (or confirm) a price for example at the latest 1hour before the lease ends, which makes the rig 'extendable'. This way the future renter can pay in advance and carry on directly after the other renter, without 10 minutes downtime, the payment is already confirmed by then.

Or just a simple 'extendable? yes/no' option under 'my rigs'. Just like you can put your rig into maintenance atm.
Are there any plans to implement renewal / extend of rented rigs? So I do not have to wait until they finish and rent them again. Just click "renew / extend" and choose time period.

Probably not. The reason is that rig owner may want to change the price for the next rental...

However, I already suggested, the betarigs could email you an alert when rig is available to rent again. Hope mux sees this...
Activity: 132
Anyone care to take a guess as to why the Bitcoin network is so slow lately? I sent a payment from my wallet to the specified address and it's still showing 0 confirmations in the blockchain.  Horrible when you're on a deadline (it's one hour before cancellation right?).  Been over half an hour now.

Edit: Rig rental timed out on me. Sad  0 confirmations on payment in over 70 mins.
Was it the exact and correct amount. Were fees taken out? Betarigs needs the exact payment before it counts it.

Yes, exact amount.  I've rented at least 30 times or more from Betarigs and this is only the second time this has happened.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
finally this is the service i was looking for!
Activity: 224
Hello!
Sorry, not much present these last two days -- we're only doing tickets, and we'll be back at adding features in 3 days  Cheesy

CGMiner version

One issue I have debugged thanks to a rig owner -- please do not use an old version of cgminer!
Cgminer 2.11.1 has a very weird behavior in which it will connect to the pool, then disconnect seconds after and never try to reconnect.

I don't know at which version cgminer starts to "behave normally", but at least cgminer 3.7.2 or sgminer is safe Smiley

i am using cgminer 3.1 that came with BAMT 1.1 and it works great
mux
Activity: 280
Sorry if this has already been asked.

Who is responsible for fast pool switching? The proxy or the rig?

If I rent a rig running a custom cgminer/sgminer/bfgminer/whatever that has been configured/patched for - say - 30 seconds pool switch. Will this rig switch pools faster than a rig running standard cgminer 3.7.2 with 300 seconds pool switch?

Yes, it will be based on the settings in your miner. I use Kalroths cgminer v3.7.3 and i think he set the default there as check every 60 seconds, worked flawlessly this morning for my first customer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding the rig has a permanent stratum proxy connection and does not know where it's mining and when it's switching pool, so why should a custom cgminer switch faster than a stock one?

The way the stratum protocol is designed, the connection need to be cut on customer pool change. So here come in play your miner software switching time. And indeed, for a best customer experience, it's recommended to have a miner software with a 60s or less switch time, instead of the cgminer 5 minutes switch.
mux
Activity: 280
Hello!
Sorry, not much present these last two days -- we're only doing tickets, and we'll be back at adding features in 3 days  Cheesy

CGMiner version

One issue I have debugged thanks to a rig owner -- please do not use an old version of cgminer!
Cgminer 2.11.1 has a very weird behavior in which it will connect to the pool, then disconnect seconds after and never try to reconnect.

I don't know at which version cgminer starts to "behave normally", but at least cgminer 3.7.2 or sgminer is safe Smiley
Activity: 63
well, even if my lease rig still offline.. i think i have an idea..

what about option to delete the rig we lease?
I swear there is something wrong with combining 2 payments into 1 and sending them to bitstamp or how ever that is done

This is the 2nd time I got 2 renters, both of them renting my #1 rig for 3 hours same day, but only one of these payments goes through to bitstamp, even though I sent an email to bitstamp showing them txid, they said this is 3rd party fault, not theirs.

I saw someone posting something like this 3-4 pages back??

Yep happened to me.
I logged a support call with coinjar and showed them the blockchain transactions and they refunded my missing deposit
Since then I have removed the 3 hr option from rentals so payments aren't close together.
There needs to be 1 payment per wallet per transaction.
So either total multiple payments together or split them into separate ones.
Removing 3hr rents helps with this.
Lately I've been getting long rentals so it hasn't come up lately.

As stated earlier on page #51. I use an offline wallet (multibit) and my payments come clear as day. No problem with them.
And the problem you are facing I think its caused by the custom coding they use as it was stated when all this transfer malleability thing blew open.

Use an offline wallet and you will be golden
copper member
Activity: 199
Merit: 14
Anyone care to take a guess as to why the Bitcoin network is so slow lately? I sent a payment from my wallet to the specified address and it's still showing 0 confirmations in the blockchain.  Horrible when you're on a deadline (it's one hour before cancellation right?).  Been over half an hour now.

Edit: Rig rental timed out on me. Sad  0 confirmations on payment in over 70 mins.
Was it the exact and correct amount. Were fees taken out? Betarigs needs the exact payment before it counts it.
Activity: 132

Activity: 21
Future request

Problem1: multiple times I notice "awaiting payment" for my rigs, and ending up into "Payment not received - rental cancelled". Losing 10 minutes of mining time. For rentals of 3 hours each time, this is a lot of lost renting time. Also, and i`m not sure about this, there is no penalty for users that do not pay. I could jam the system by clicking on multiple rigs to rent it, but not paying it.

Possible solution
Make a wallet dedicated to your site for each registered user. That way users can have bitcoins under their account and rent a rig on-the-fly. Both renter and hire person would benefit of this.

Problem2: It should be great if it was possible to make a queue for rigs that will become available the next 10minutes. Maybe even to give the current renter the possibility to extend the mining time.

+1 for this...

If I rent a rig running a custom cgminer/sgminer/bfgminer/whatever that has been configured/patched for - say - 30 seconds pool switch. Will this rig switch pools faster than a rig running standard cgminer 3.7.2 with 300 seconds pool switch?

Yes, it will be based on the settings in your miner. I use Kalroths cgminer v3.7.3 and i think he set the default there as check every 60 seconds, worked flawlessly this morning for my first customer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding the rig has a permanent stratum proxy connection and does not know where it's mining and when it's switching pool, so why should a custom cgminer switch faster than a stock one?

Sorry, by "if i rent a rig" you mean rent from, or put available for rent? If you're enquiring about renting for your own use, then i'm sorry, i misunderstood.

In this instance, i guess it will depend on how fast the server on BetaRigs updates its proxy software to use the new address, because on the rig side the betarigs address is static. So, i would imagine it's pretty fast. This is just a semi-educated guess though, since i have no idea of how BR have things configured.

But, using a custom cgminer will allow them to switch faster from their own mining pool, to the BetaRigs pool. Which means once your rental period starts, their rig will hop over to mine for you sooner. So at the very worst it could save you some minutes of otherwise lost mining allowance.  Grin

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking, only the first switch is faster with custom cgminer. Time required for every further switch is driven by the proxy. Maybe mux can shed some light on this. Smiley
Activity: 58

Sorry, by "if i rent a rig" you mean rent from, or put available for rent? If you're enquiring about renting for your own use, then i'm sorry, i misunderstood.

In this instance, i guess it will depend on how fast the server on BetaRigs updates its proxy software to use the new address, because on the rig side the betarigs address is static. So, i would imagine it's pretty fast. This is just a semi-educated guess though, since i have no idea of how BR have things configured.

But, using a custom cgminer will allow them to switch faster from their own mining pool, to the BetaRigs pool. Which means once your rental period starts, their rig will hop over to mine for you sooner. So at the very worst it could save you some minutes of otherwise lost mining allowance.  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: