Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform - page 64. (Read 29547 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
Does they keep In confidentially our own data? (like name, second name, own info from social network)?
During the final stages of us processing your data, we are going to anonymize it. That means this sort of information will not be present in the final analyzed data batch that we are going to be selling. So you don´t have to worry.

When you say 'anonymize', do you mean all personal data like age, sex, location will be removed from the equation or do you mean, it will be anonymized on the count that it will remove the name and be clubbed along with data from other people into a category of people?

Probably just name and surname will be removed, because such factors as sex and age are usually pretty significant in various researches.

I think so! Age and sexuality will be very important things in analysis. Moreover, if most data will be removed, how can we make an analysis.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Does they keep In confidentially our own data? (like name, second name, own info from social network)?
During the final stages of us processing your data, we are going to anonymize it. That means this sort of information will not be present in the final analyzed data batch that we are going to be selling. So you don´t have to worry.

When you say 'anonymize', do you mean all personal data like age, sex, location will be removed from the equation or do you mean, it will be anonymized on the count that it will remove the name and be clubbed along with data from other people into a category of people?

Probably just name and surname will be removed, because such factors as sex and age are usually pretty significant in various researches.
Will this anonymization be constant or changeable? I mean sometimes hiding name and address for example is a good idea, and sometimes age and sex.
Activity: 798
Merit: 115

Activity: 434

it means it cannot be traced back to you if you decide to sell your own data, so yes they remove anything that can lead to the owner
As Makkara is saying, we will remove all the personal identifiable data that could be traced back to you.
So, actually.. in short : All data EXCEPT personal data will be sold... but some data like age, gender, .... is needed for the buyers to have a correct analysis?
So... in fact, some personal data will be sold, the buyers just won't know who's personal data it is... so basicly, this is marketing research without giving out private info, no?
Datum has the same concept, but so I think that Biotron will have strong analytical team that will define useful data or it's will be made programmatically?

remains to be seen which project will land on top. but competition is definately good for the users.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101

it means it cannot be traced back to you if you decide to sell your own data, so yes they remove anything that can lead to the owner
As Makkara is saying, we will remove all the personal identifiable data that could be traced back to you.
So, actually.. in short : All data EXCEPT personal data will be sold... but some data like age, gender, .... is needed for the buyers to have a correct analysis?
So... in fact, some personal data will be sold, the buyers just won't know who's personal data it is... so basicly, this is marketing research without giving out private info, no?
Datum has the same concept, but so I think that Biotron will have strong analytical team that will define useful data or it's will be made programmatically?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
It's all about the cryptocoins

Activity: 476
Biotron ITE and BTRN token sale now launching on the 27th of March. Read why:

guess i will mark that day red on my calendar Smiley

thanks for the information ^^ might tweeting this around, too Smiley

Thanks for the update. There is a little hope that the market turns around before 27th.  Cheesy
Activity: 252
Biotron ITE and BTRN token sale now launching on the 27th of March. Read why:

guess i will mark that day red on my calendar Smiley

thanks for the information ^^ might tweeting this around, too Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
The market for personal data built on a blokcheyn is a new and good idea. I think now people will be able to use their data in social networks to profit from it. Tell me how an ordinary person can profit from your Biotron project if he gives you his personal data?
Any ordinary person generates a lot of data while browsing the net. That data is used by big companies to customize their ad marketing strategy to you, and you get nothing out of it. With Biotron, you are able to decide how much and what kind of data you want to sell, and based on that, you will recieve revenue, as we will take and analyze your data, to then sell to companies looking for such data.

Is there any competition? Some big companies probably have some departments or people doing exactly this, no?

There are a few but biotron has a bit edge over them. So, the chances of success are pretty high.

Are there companies who sells analyzed data packs? I thought there are mostely raw data sellers.

I don't know any other company doing this but maybe the buyers of raw data can analyze the data themselves.

And after biotron they may stop doing it.

Why a company spends time to analyze data if there is already analyzed one out there.

And if Biotron does a good job at analyzing the data, they will weight up if it's worth their time and effort to analyze the data themselves instead of paying a bit more for the analyzed data from Biotron.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
so the sensitive data are safe, they will be anonymised, so only our preferences without sensitive data will be resold to the advertising companies, i believe we can rest assured...
Activity: 308
The market for personal data built on a blokcheyn is a new and good idea. I think now people will be able to use their data in social networks to profit from it. Tell me how an ordinary person can profit from your Biotron project if he gives you his personal data?
Any ordinary person generates a lot of data while browsing the net. That data is used by big companies to customize their ad marketing strategy to you, and you get nothing out of it. With Biotron, you are able to decide how much and what kind of data you want to sell, and based on that, you will recieve revenue, as we will take and analyze your data, to then sell to companies looking for such data.

Is there any competition? Some big companies probably have some departments or people doing exactly this, no?

There are a few but biotron has a bit edge over them. So, the chances of success are pretty high.

Are there companies who sells analyzed data packs? I thought there are mostely raw data sellers.

I don't know any other company doing this but maybe the buyers of raw data can analyze the data themselves.

Why a company spends time to analyze data if there is already analyzed one out there.

I think it will be up to what companies want to do with these data. But yes, in some or most cases they could save time through this.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

exactly, is like if instead of buying a fully functioning car you just buy the parts and then assemble them on your own  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

Activity: 476

Activity: 308

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

Activity: 210

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Great news. So i can be sure that my data are totally secure when youre selling them. Nice concept.
Activity: 798
Merit: 262

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

Pages:
Jump to: