Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 145. (Read 276079 times)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"
What's great about this?

Not sure what is great about this

Baron Rothschild, of the famous banking dynasty, said the best time to buy was "when there is blood in the streets." In other words - when everyone is selling, it's a great time to buy! This would seem to be very reasonable advice, yet few people follow it. People generally are more comfortable doing what everyone else they know is doing.

You have let down lots why would I buy now?

Your position is reasonable and understandable. Certainly you could watch and observe like many, as further developments come out and make a decision at another time -- after there is enough of a track record of progress that you are comfortable with. But it's unknown what the price will be in another month for BitBean.  If Bitcoin continues to go up, that may hamper growth for some other crypto currencies. If the price continues to recede, that could signal the start of the market moving back into alts. So who knows?

Either way, it's taken a lot to get through the trials of this past summer and to get to where we are now. Speaking for myself, their is no turning back. BitBean development is only moving one-way...forward! My goal for the remainder of the year, is not just in developing software and infrastructure, but to grow our user base and number of active nodes on the network -- that is considerably more important to me than price!

Have a great weekend! I'll be back full-time and available in IRC (#teambean is our new IRC channel on Freenode) on Monday morning if anyone has questions or needs assistance.

Sincerely,

Shawn Kent (aka Bitbeaner)
Project Manager & Lead Developer,
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-currency!"
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
What's great about this?

Baron Rothschild, of the famous banking dynasty, said the best time to buy was "when there is blood in the streets." In other words - when everyone is selling, it's a great time to buy! This would seem to be very reasonable advice, yet few people follow it. People generally are more comfortable doing what everyone else they know is doing.

You have let down lots why would I buy now?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
At 12-15 sats bitbean is a much more interesting gamble with less risk.  I wouldn't spend much more for now but if the road map for November is delivered this will be headed in the right direction.

This new activity is promising,  keep it up.  Like I said before I see the potential,  just need to see explicit action to restore the confidence I once had.

If the November road map comes true,  I will be increasing my holdings considerably.
What's great about this?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Get Your Very Own BitBean Crypto Poker Chips!

http://cryptochips.net/

What's great about this?

This is the kind of update that makes a difference,  thank you. It adds context and shows announcements like the POS symbol are part of a bigger plan.

One note about your last comment,  Windows Mobile is soon to disappear as a platform as it will simply be Windows 10 on all devices using the Universal App model.  I urge you to look into this for the next windows wallet,  it may save effort.

Keep us in the loop,  delays and changes to the road map will happen but your communication is critical.
I know its not easy 2 program iv tried it and had medium results. I have been with Bitb from the start and I have made pretty good profit but never dumped because I Luv my bitb, it has 20mb blocks and its super fast transfer + its super Green }. I cant offer much just my buy support, the price right now is no biggy I understand its because the BTC rocket. Mister team if u hit the road map marks it will gain again. TY Team BitBean 4 your effort its much appreciated. Cant wait for the andriod wallet, with that I can spreed my bitb even more , give away and show people how to use it. Good luck 2 all Bitbeaner and i hope u all get rich. But don't forget 2 buy me Coffey cheers!
-Latino Crypto

Thank you...these are the kind words of encouragement that helps members of Team Bean get up at 4am and work till 1am!  I look forward to the day I can buy you coffee in a vending machine with BitBean from an Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile wallet (Split payment done three ways)!

Stay active, stay involved and let's keep the vision and future for the Bean bright!

Lots of good things coming for BitBean. Stay tuned.

Cheers Fellow Beaner!
Activity: 197
Merit: 11
I know its not easy 2 program iv tried it and had medium results. I have been with Bitb from the start and I have made pretty good profit but never dumped because I Luv my bitb, it has 20mb blocks and its super fast transfer + its super Green }. I cant offer much just my buy support, the price right now is no biggy I understand its because the BTC rocket. Mister team if u hit the road map marks it will gain again. TY Team BitBean 4 your effort its much appreciated. Cant wait for the andriod wallet, with that I can spreed my bitb even more , give away and show people how to use it. Good luck 2 all Bitbeaner and i hope u all get rich. But don't forget 2 buy me Coffey cheers!
-Latino Crypto
Updated RoadMap (Rev. Nov. 2015) is now available:

A PDF is available for download:  http://www.bitbean.org/downloads/Roadmap-nov2015.pdf

Now lets just worry about hitting targets this time

Worry is not what is needed...what we need are prayers for the members of Bean Core, Team Bean and their families -- and hopefully the community will appreciate the great sacrifices that are being made to ensure that BitBean not only lives on, but can prosper -- now that it's no longer in the hands of the Pump Group that created it!

And I ask a special prayer for our fellow Beanmate, Tuwie and his family, that he may recover and be able to be active in Bean Core again.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

A PDF is available for download:  http://www.bitbean.org/downloads/Roadmap-nov2015.pdf

Now lets just worry about hitting targets this time

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Does anyone ever check for spelling mistakes before you most crap around here... come on guys!!! inlude.... wtf is that??
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701

Official Forum:  http://www.bitbean.org/forum/1-million-bitbean-give-a-way-contest

ß80,000 Given Away Already!

Thanks for the advice.  The thing I like about Bitbean is the high interest rate and the short amount of time needed to stake.  Its very unique in the sense that you can start staking in literally hours.  Maybe the only other coin like it is Mastertradercoin which has had little volume so its really not a very liquid coin.  Other high yielding stake coins such as Hyperstake take 7 days to stake, TEKcoin takes like 30 days, Sprouts I think takes like 4 days.  But Bitbean you can literally stake in mere hours and the interest rate is about 100% per year which is pretty high, I figured it out with statistics from coinwallet.co, I usually use coinwallet.co to stake with small amounts of coins although the withdrawal fees kind of suck.  Anyway I guess thats why I'm drawn to Bitbean, I have little patience and so the short staking maturity really attracts me to this coin.  I totally see what you mean though and I see the price has been going down steadily, although the Bitcoin price that its pegged to has skyrocketed so the fiat price may be pretty stable, would have to do the calculations to confirm though.... I have invested about $50 into Bitbean in the past and I lost a decent amount even with the high staking interest rate, but now that the price is a little cheaper I was seeing the public's opinion about the coin to see if it is a good time to get back into it.  The wallet kind of disappointed me, since it lacks a simple easy to use coin control feature.  Also a wallet really should not affect the price much, as it is simply a wallet.  Anyway I use coinwallet.co anyways so that really doesn't matter all that much.  I guess maybe just holding on to Bitcoin is probably the best bet.  Do you know of any high yielding short maturity staking coins besides the ones I mentioned?

Hey, I get it, the staking potential combined with 20mb blocks and the concept of a "community coin" are what drew me to the bean months ago. It took a lot for me to become as jaded as I currently am but Bitbeaner never seems to fail to deliver on disappointment unfortunately. I'd love to say the staking would make this a solid long term investment alone, but the price under bad management will much sooner fall to 0 sats, the only place you can spend bitbeans is on exchanges and there is no reason to buy them unless you are staking. I use coinwallet myself for my current holdings as I've stated before, it gives me an opportunity to stake at a higher level without buying more. It is tempting to buy more at this price, but I see no real tangible progress from the management so am just going to sit on what I have.

I don't wish to discuss other coins in this thread, I still see potential for bitbean but will send you a PM, there is one that you missed that may be worth looking into.
Activity: 630
Wow the 24 hour low on Cryptsy is 11 Satoshis, this coin hasn't been that cheap in a looooong time(april 2015). 
Activity: 630
Bitbean is pretty cheap right now seems like a good time to buy some.  Although, the price of Bitcoin is skyrocketing so I feel like that is taking away a lot of potential interest in altcoins.  People are simply keeping their Bitcoins.  But looking at historical prices of Bitbean it had been up to 40 Satoshis not too long ago.  Now its at about 18 Satoshis.  That could be a big money maker if it goes back to 40 Sat thats a profit of 122%.  Although Bitbeans are valued in Bitcoins so the fiat value is probably pretty similar to the fiat value when the price was up at 40 satoshis because bitcoin was only like $230.  I don't know I'd have to do all the calculations, but all in all seems like a good time to buy a couple hundred thousand. 

Unless you do your homework and read back through this thread and multiple other forums. Then you find that bitbeans were at 40 sats based on expected releases that bitbeaner promised, and then failed to deliver on. He lied to people, and as a result many of those (myself included) lost faith in his word and are extremely hesitant to get burned more. Those who bought in at 40 sats and held are now sitting on half their investment and there still isn't any meat on the bones as far as actual reasons the value would go up.

There are currently 1 billion bitbeans out there, that's a lot fo beans to dump on the market and drop value to less than the current 20 sats. There are also a total of 40 billion bitbeans ever to be distributed through exclusively POS methods, which means the richest will continue to get richer and have a head start over anyone buying in.

I guess it might be a good time to buy in from the perspective that: If you buy in now and bitbeans go down to 1 sat, you can only lose a maximum of 20 sats per bean as opposed to 40 from someone who invested 2 months ago.

Team Bean started out strong and had decent tech, good roadmaps and delivered as promise dbut over the last 4 months constant disappointment has been driving value to shrink constantly. Poor marketing decisions, a failure to show proper business sense, and an attitude of "I will respond only to positive encouragement and not address legitimate issues if they aren't coated in blind praise" doesn't point to a currency that will be increasing in value or leading the mass adoption of crypto anytime soon.

There may be profit to be made on slight fluctuations with bitbeans, but there is very little pointing to long-term growth at the moment and the management shows a complete lack of business sense.

Buying is up to each and everyone, but take the time to read through the last few months and get a bigger picture of the issues that bitbean will have to overcome, bitcoin price increasing definitely dilutes the overall value of alts, but in the case of bitbean that isn't the only reason the price has dropped.

Inform yourself, do research and invest your hard earned funds in places where the management and tech show potential to grow your investment. Look for management that isn't afraid to address naysayers in a mature and responsible manner and fight with facts.

Thanks for the advice.  The thing I like about Bitbean is the high interest rate and the short amount of time needed to stake.  Its very unique in the sense that you can start staking in literally hours.  Maybe the only other coin like it is Mastertradercoin which has had little volume so its really not a very liquid coin.  Other high yielding stake coins such as Hyperstake take 7 days to stake, TEKcoin takes like 30 days, Sprouts I think takes like 4 days.  But Bitbean you can literally stake in mere hours and the interest rate is about 100% per year which is pretty high, I figured it out with statistics from coinwallet.co, I usually use coinwallet.co to stake with small amounts of coins although the withdrawal fees kind of suck.  Anyway I guess thats why I'm drawn to Bitbean, I have little patience and so the short staking maturity really attracts me to this coin.  I totally see what you mean though and I see the price has been going down steadily, although the Bitcoin price that its pegged to has skyrocketed so the fiat price may be pretty stable, would have to do the calculations to confirm though.... I have invested about $50 into Bitbean in the past and I lost a decent amount even with the high staking interest rate, but now that the price is a little cheaper I was seeing the public's opinion about the coin to see if it is a good time to get back into it.  The wallet kind of disappointed me, since it lacks a simple easy to use coin control feature.  Also a wallet really should not affect the price much, as it is simply a wallet.  Anyway I use coinwallet.co anyways so that really doesn't matter all that much.  I guess maybe just holding on to Bitcoin is probably the best bet.  Do you know of any high yielding short maturity staking coins besides the ones I mentioned?
WARNING: Take the time to read back through this thread and other forums before investing in Bitbeans. It may be a good investment for you, but be sure to do some research and invest your hard earned money in Cryptocoins that show smart, strong and ethical management.

Undisputed facts:

- Shawn Kent AKA Bitbeaner has blatantly lied to investors/members of his community in the past. Most recently, an updated roadmap was promised after the new wallet release which has yet to be delivered
- Shawn Kent AKA Bitbeaner refuses to respond to or acknowledge anything but "happy happy" bandwagon posters. His preferred method is to ignore anything that isn't blindly positive.
- Value has dropped on Bitbean since the release of new wallets, senior community members recognize that a wallet release alone adds no value. He continues to go the minimal effort route with meaningless posts about "choosing a POS symbol" and giveaways that bring no long term value.
- Block rewards do not half and will remain 1k bitbeans per stake. This model leads to a rich getting richer scenario where you will never catch up to the holders of the current 1 Billion bitbeans in existence. This is a serious problem until there are outlets to spend bitbeans, or the previously proposed changes prioritising stakes to active/transacting wallets as opposed to hoarders are implemented, or both.
- Bitbean.org is apparently not worth updating, showing the minimal effort being put in by the dev. Correction, he has updated the site since I pointed out the lack of updates yesterday and has changed some dates (on the team bean page the "Team Portal" showed it would be delivered in May 2015 as of yesterday and now shows November 2015). The site previously hadn't been updated iin at least 3 months. To see the contents before the recent changes use the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/*/bitbean.org

Disclosure:
- I own 250k+ Bitbeans bought at over 30sats. It is against my financial benefit to post these warnings, however I do so to push the current management to make concrete steps to work towards their stated goals and "mission".

Jump to: