Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 149. (Read 275927 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
TimSweat
I really thought this coin died months and months and months ago . Like a few weeks after the dumps happened . Guess I'll have another look and see if its worth grabbing a few.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Pssst, Gazzatron, oh great head of communication and community relations.

Nobody is talking about the new wallet... In case you didn't notice. There are more... pressing issues to address.

I thought Bitbeaner was in charge of lying to and ignoring his community, or are you just splitting that responsibility now?

Just saying.

For starters you could address the hijacking of the term sprouts from another much better managed all coin named...  sprouts.  Maybe you should champion changing that before coin control which has been available in the old wallet all along and really isn't an issue or even a relevant feature.

It took me only a couple hours using Google to figure out how to enable coin control in the old wallet,  instructions that would have been nice in say....  the wiki that bean core was supposedly putting together 4 months ago.

Activity: 91
Regarding the Windows wallet build (and linux) I would recommend compiling all these prerequisites from source including Qt. This will ensure a stable development environment. Obviously the Mingw is a straight forward download, unpack and setup.
This release contains a lot of 'under the hood' modifications and is the base for future development of the Bean wallet. Better coin control is one close to my heart and I will be championing this feature update to be in the next release.

As you can see the Windows binaries are available. Anyone requiring help on building the wallet from source, please don't hesitate to post your issues here as Windows builds are not straight forward. The wallet source builds are lacking grossly with most (nearly all) coins requiring many mods to the coin source to get it building successfully with Windows (including the old source of BitBean). The BitBean 1.1 source provided will build the wallet successfully for a correctly set up 32 bit development environment. The base requirement are:

Mingw
boost_1_59_0
db-5.3.28
openssl-1.0.1j
miniupnpc
qrencode-3.4.4
zlib 1.2.8
QT 4.8.6

There are a number of mods to do, both to Mingw and Qt. As a base 'how to', roughly refer to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479 describing building bitcoin. Obviously you will replace the compiles of the dependencies in this guide with the ones provided above and the final wallet build is done from msys using the following commands from the bitbean source directory:

qmake "USE_UPNP=-" "USE_QRCODE=1"
mingw32-make

Remember the Qt used to build the BitBean wallet has to be 4.8.6.

Happy compiling Smiley

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Where is the coin control !???
Activity: 658
well this coin has done nothing but disappoint me for a while now and now it says sprouts reminds me that I would rather have my money in sprouts
the last entry on the forum is dated August 25, 2015, the forum is not active for about 2 months  

Here's a good indicator: They offered a 100k bitbean bounty for a bitbean faucet and to also give 100k bitbeans to fuel the faucet. I recommended that cryptospout add it and even they wouldn't touch it it seems.

When you can't even get someone to put up a faucet, it is a sign you're doing things wrong.

Again, Bitbeaner aka Shawn Kent is the main issue, BeanCore needs to step up and take over, then this wallet release might actually be the start of better things. Otherwise this is just smoke and mirrors.

Edit: Even if Shawn stays involved in the background, as long as he isn't the primary decision maker, responsible for communication or putting together future roadmaps, i suspect things will improve.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
www.pumpmycoin.com
the last entry on the forum is dated August 25, 2015, the forum is not active for about 2 months 
Activity: 564
Merit: 516
I was going to say... did you really think using "sprouts" while someone has an alt by that name already was a good idea?

Please consider changing that. It reeks of amateurism and is a cheap move. You either weren't aware of sprouts (doubtful as I've seen them discussed along with bitbean in several places) or didn't care about stepping on another altcoin's toes... either way, not a very smooth move on your part.

INVESTORS BEWARE: Do not buy in based on a wallet update that gives no real practical value to the coin, please scroll back through this and other threads and understand just ho9w sketchy the "dev" has been up until now before you become another bagholder.

If you understand the shady nature and lack of scruples shown by the dev, you can make some profit off bitbean but the wallet isn't an indicator of actual growth in and of itself.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
"sprouts"
fine play on the idea but please realize this coin is branded as BITB
if you like "the BEAN" go with it too.

then only slightly suggest the "sprouts" ... in images okay ... but in name you run into confusion.

"DNS seeds added and DNS seeding enabled by default (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)"
you sure about that detail?

that said this project went from like a 1 to a 7 today ... not bad :/
I was going to say... did you really think using "sprouts" while someone has an alt by that name already was a good idea?

Please consider changing that. It reeks of amateurism and is a cheap move. You either weren't aware of sprouts (doubtful as I've seen them discussed along with bitbean in several places) or didn't care about stepping on another altcoin's toes... either way, not a very smooth move on your part.

INVESTORS BEWARE: Do not buy in based on a wallet update that gives no real practical value to the coin, please scroll back through this and other threads and understand just ho9w sketchy the "dev" has been up until now before you become another bagholder.

If you understand the shady nature and lack of scruples shown by the dev, you can make some profit off bitbean but the wallet isn't an indicator of actual growth in and of itself.
Activity: 564
Merit: 516

Bean Core is pleased to announce the release of BitBean-qt v1.1.0.0RC (Release Candidate)

The wallet is available for immediate download for Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit architectures.
Linux and Mac OS X binaries will follow. This is the first update since BitBean was launched February 13th. this year!

http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

Improvements and Changes for v1.1.0.0RC:

• removal of zerocoin from code base
  • removal of IRC from code base
  • DNS seeds added and DNS seeding enabled by default (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk1.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk2.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk3.bitbean.org*
  • updated hard nodes (backup to DNS seeding)--previous wallet had no hardnodes--at least not BitBean ones {sigh}
  • New GUI Theme (no more ugly boring basic grey)
  • Completely new images and icons
  • Newly developed animated syncing icon
  • fixes to dialog windows and missing icons
  • New Gradient Tabs
  • New Context Menu
  • Support for Unity Global Menu
  • compile time errors and warning fixes
  • customization of source and preparation for inclusion of Bitcoin as a side chain
  • New network statistics overview
  • Updated checkpoint
  • New 5 BitB 'recommended' transaction fee
  • New monetary unit: SPROUT = 1,000 BitB
  • New monetary unit: NOKAT = .00000001 BitB
  • New contact & support info added
  • Improved network connectivity
  • Updated fonts
  • QR Code Support added with fixes
  • Numerous other "under-the-hood" changes and improvements

Source Code is available:  https://github.com/TeamBitBean/bitbean-core

*Servers are operated and maintained by Bean Core (www.bitbean.org).

Nice Sprouts logos... trying to suck off the success of another coin.. classy
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
"Fresh"-Start works and sync-process is stable and fast.
"Wallet"-Start works too. Good work, thx! Smiley

(64Bit Version)
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

Bean Core is pleased to announce the release of BitBean-qt v1.1.0.0RC (Release Candidate)

The wallet is available for immediate download for Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit architectures.
Linux and Mac OS X binaries will follow. This is the first update since BitBean was launched February 13th. this year!

http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

Improvements and Changes for v1.1.0.0RC:

• removal of zerocoin from code base
  • removal of IRC from code base
  • DNS seeds added and DNS seeding enabled by default (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk1.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk2.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk3.bitbean.org*
  • updated hard nodes (backup to DNS seeding)--previous wallet had no hardnodes--at least not BitBean ones {sigh}
  • New GUI Theme (no more ugly boring basic grey)
  • Completely new images and icons
  • Newly developed animated syncing icon
  • fixes to dialog windows and missing icons
  • New Gradient Tabs
  • New Context Menu
  • Support for Unity Global Menu
  • compile time errors and warning fixes
  • customization of source and preparation for inclusion of Bitcoin as a side chain
  • New network statistics overview
  • Updated checkpoint
  • New 5 BitB 'recommended' transaction fee
  • New monetary unit: SPROUT = 1,000 BitB
  • New monetary unit: NOKAT = .00000001 BitB
  • New contact & support info added
  • Improved network connectivity
  • Updated fonts
  • QR Code Support added with fixes
  • Numerous other "under-the-hood" changes and improvements

Source Code is available:  https://github.com/TeamBitBean/bitbean-core

*Servers are operated and maintained by Bean Core (www.bitbean.org).

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Would really love to hear some updates.  Trying to hang on to this coin but the future is looking bleak. 
Hey guys look under his plate... Looks like theres some manuals or something about satoshi and nodes.  This guys a complete amateur reading about what a node is lmao  No wonder he can't make a wallet update.

He's also reading about GNU compilation. This isn't new news though, Shawn Kent hasn't hidden the fact that he's not really a "dev" and outsources some of the work. That also wouldn't be a problem if he was at least managing the coin and communication properly. 

I'm frankly quite surprised that BeanCore hasn't seen the light and replaced him. Then again, thanks to Gazzatron's recent post, we can see the largest holder gets the most say and I'll bet he's held onto a fair amount of bitbeans to secure his spot.

I agree BitcoinNational, with the right management that kind of tie in might be completely possible, but I also agree the dev likely needs to change before any serious real world business would get involved. Remember, this is the same dev who told people five months ago in his open #bitbean IRC channel that he was keeping the value of the bean down on purpose delaying the Android wallet so that other insiders could buy more beans before their price went up. We know that "witholding the Android wallet" was a lie, as it is clear now it was never even close to ready.

Bean Core once had a decent community to leverage if they took bitbeaner off his throne, but these days its looking kind of sparse.

Activity: 630
Hey guys look under his plate... Looks like theres some manuals or something about satoshi and nodes.  This guys a complete amateur reading about what a node is lmao  No wonder he can't make a wallet update.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Big Day...eating a hearty breakfast.

Love them black beans!

Is this all just a game for you?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
"the actual Bean industry"
you say Wink

Hey, I'd rather other forms of making bitbeans useful and promoting organic (yes, I know, lol) growth, but tying it into a bean farming company as a form of shareholding wouldn't be a bad idea. Anything to give the bitbean altcoin a purpose aside from letting its community down would be a big plus!

So far I've seen pictures of shelves full of cans of beans and a picture of beans in a breakfast meal in response to legitimate complaints about the way the "dev" goes about his business.

The sad part is I don't think he's really trying to scam anyone and believe him when he said he had family issues to deal with. I just think he has horrible business sense, instincts, communication skills and no real idea of how to build and maintain a strong and supportive community to help grow an altcoin.

If you're going to keep us in the dark and feed us poop, you should strongly consider changing the name to ShroomCoin, at least then the coin name is tied to actual propertiies.

that can be done but will need time ... and until the dev is seen as devoted and committed to the project, or else new tech support steps in ... then outside commitments can not be done ... also the website properties need to be held by vetted community members.
Jump to: