Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 71. (Read 276079 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 105
I have a question about my active connections, a few week ago my active connections was over 20 and now i only have 9 active connection to the network. Why my active connections go down when i leave my wallet open 24/7 and not shut down my computer? do i need to do anything to get my connections back up?

Check your router for port forwarding.
And if you are using Bitcoin.conf to list the nodes for connections update it using the actual node list from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!network

Thank you for the help but i not know how to do this port forwarding with my router. What i must do to set this up and get more connections to the bitbean network because i not have a .conf file in my bitbean app data roaming file. i thought we not need this .conf file any more with bitbean?
You can find all information you need at this site.
https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm
Btw, you don't have to set a static address for your local computer.
Just assign an ip address from somewhere in your router - Lan - DHCP.
Also make sure to allow traffic from your security software.
Activity: 156
Merit: 102
Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!
I have a question about my active connections, a few week ago my active connections was over 20 and now i only have 9 active connection to the network. Why my active connections go down when i leave my wallet open 24/7 and not shut down my computer? do i need to do anything to get my connections back up?

And if you are using Bitcoin.conf to list the nodes for connections update it using the actual node list from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!network

Thank you for the help but i not know how to do this port forwarding with my router. What i must do to set this up and get more connections to the bitbean network because i not have a .conf file in my bitbean app data roaming file. i thought we not need this .conf file any more with bitbean?

You need to read your routers documentation, but, generally, if you log into your routers interface, you should find a section about 'forwarding' (some routers list it under 'gaming' or 'ports').

• Enter 22460 in the section(s) (some routers have 2 places to enter this number for internal (local network) and external (internet) ports) for which port to open.
  • Set TCP for the type of port ('BOTH' or 'ALL' will work as well but not necessary).
  • Save and close...

That's it!

You are correct the .conf file is no longer needed, because of the DNS seeder nodes.  However, a few 'addnode=' statements in a .conf file may speed up locating initial connections.  I am still studying this, so I am not saying conclusively that it helps, but it seems to in some situations.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
How do you do port forwarding on the router?
Activity: 146
Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE

Activity: 746
Merit: 500
please help ive been searching for answers but have had no luck. I try to open my bitbean wallet but it always says there is an error. it says blkindex.dat error

Make a windows search for "%appdata% to locate the "roaming folder". Inside this folder, you will find
the folder for "bitbean".

Inside this folder, find first the file "wallet.dat". MAKE a copy of this file and save it elsewhere... in tase
this is a back up of your wallet.
Then, DELETE all files of this folder EXCEPT the wallet.dat, and if you have one the .conf file.

Then, find in this thread a recent "bootstrap file" and install it INSIDE this folder.
Unzip it to have the files directly in this folder.

Now, restart your wallet. It will start to sync and all should be fine for your wallet.

Hope my guidance is clear ;-)
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
please help ive been searching for answers but have had no luck. I try to open my bitbean wallet but it always says there is an error. it says blkindex.dat error

- Go to C:\Users\%YourWindowsUsernameHere%\AppData\Roaming\BitBean

- Keep only file wallet.dat and delete all file + folder

- Go to http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

- Download file Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!

- Extract file to C:\Users\%YourWindowsUsernameHere%\AppData\Roaming\BitBean

- Run Wallet again
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

This error is due to the wallet not being closed cleanly. Clear out everything in your Bitbean folder except for your wallet.dat (and bitbean.conf but no so
necessary) then restart your wallet, this will re-sync the wallet. If you wish to have a bit of a shortcut on the sync'ing process refer to the Bean website
for instructions on downloading a snapshot of a previously sync'ed database.

**** Save you wallet.dat before deleting anything, preferably in multiple places for security (USB stick, other place on your disk etc.) *****

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Someone trademarked "Bitbean"? That's proves why "intellectual property" and copyright laws are the bane of the free market.

WOW. Agreed.

Yup!  I couldn't agree more...

It could not be a coincidence.  A simple google search would have shown them the name was already in widespread use.

You can see their filing here: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87254305&docId=OOA20170307175940#docIndex=0&page=1
You can scroll through the various pages by using the 'next doc' button on the top right of the page  or by using the page chooser under 'document description'.
I understand now thank you, i think i will just keeping sprouting with my old wallet and when i know everything is finished with the new wallet i will download it and start using the new wallet. I see i not earn much from sprouting now because it look like the weight goes up a lot from before. More people are now sprouting so i have to buy more bitbean to grow my weight.

Now is a good time to buy more.  The price of bitcoin has dropped and bitbean remains fairly stable against bitcoin.  

The increased weight is indicative of increasing health of the network.  There are more nodes in more parts of the world now than there have ever been!  You can see the current positioning of nodes at this cryptoID link (click on the 'Geo-location' button).
Hello everyone

Is the new bitcash wallet being released in this month still? I not see any update on the new release for a while now and like to know if it still being released along with the new name change. It will be hard for me to get used to the new name change because I used to bitbean. I hope the new change help the price go over 100 satoshi again.

We are still working on it.  There have been some technical issues (bugs) that have arisen with some of the updates, so we are working to resolve those.  

The name change was added onto the already pending release to minimize any disruption.

We appreciate the communities patience while we sort these issues.  

Once we are fully satisfied with the quality control/testing and resolution of any issues, we will release.  We do think we are getting close...

thank you for the answer, i will wait patiently for the new developments of this good coin. i hope when this new developments are released the price go back up over 100 satoshi. This is where i think the price should be for a coin like bitbean. it was a good idea to put the name change on the pending list for now because it was starting to cause some confusion with people.

Just to clarify, the name change will occur when the current sprint (the release we are working on now) is completed.  However, the old wallet will still work.  The name change will not affect functionality.  Expect to see the name changing on exchanges, but if you elect to keep your old wallet running for now, it will still work.  That being said, the upcoming release will incorporate changes that improve Bean and make adoption easier.

The name change must occur, because a company called 1 on 1 Development has decided to trademark the name and use it for their company/DBA name.  They have very deep pockets and expensive attorneys, so rather than try to fight them in the courts, which would take a lot of money and a lot of our time away from working on improving the Bean, the Bean Core Board of Directors decided to opt for a name change while trying to maintain our identity to the crypto community.

I understand now thank you, i think i will just keeping sprouting with my old wallet and when i know everything is finished with the new wallet i will download it and start using the new wallet. I see i not earn much from sprouting now because it look like the weight goes up a lot from before. More people are now sprouting so i have to buy more bitbean to grow my weight.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
Someone trademarked "Bitbean"? That's proves why "intellectual property" and copyright laws are the bane of the free market.
Hello everyone

Is the new bitcash wallet being released in this month still? I not see any update on the new release for a while now and like to know if it still being released along with the new name change. It will be hard for me to get used to the new name change because I used to bitbean. I hope the new change help the price go over 100 satoshi again.

We are still working on it.  There have been some technical issues (bugs) that have arisen with some of the updates, so we are working to resolve those.  

The name change was added onto the already pending release to minimize any disruption.

Once we are fully satisfied with the quality control/testing and resolution of any issues, we will release.  We do think we are getting close...

thank you for the answer, i will wait patiently for the new developments of this good coin. i hope when this new developments are released the price go back up over 100 satoshi. This is where i think the price should be for a coin like bitbean. it was a good idea to put the name change on the pending list for now because it was starting to cause some confusion with people.

Just to clarify, the name change will occur when the current sprint (the release we are working on now) is completed.  However, the old wallet will still work.  The name change will not affect functionality.  Expect to see the name changing on exchanges, but if you elect to keep your old wallet running for now, it will still work.  That being said, the upcoming release will incorporate changes that improve Bean and make adoption easier.

The name change must occur, because a company called 1 on 1 Development has decided to trademark the name and use it for their company/DBA name.  They have very deep pockets and expensive attorneys, so rather than try to fight them in the courts, which would take a lot of money and a lot of our time away from working on improving the Bean, the Bean Core Board of Directors decided to opt for a name change while trying to maintain our identity to the crypto community.
Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Activity: 746
Is there any big announcement expected from the bitbean devs in the near future?

here is what was written 2 days ago in a post:
You may find recent announcements at http://bitbean.org/news.html or http://www.bitbean.org/forum/
Announcements are also posted here on bitcointalk and at bitcoingarden, but they quickly become buried
due to the nature of the forum software and the sheer volume of interactions.

Did you check there? Those are the most recent anouncements
Activity: 602
Is there any big announcement expected from the bitbean devs in the near future?
Hello everyone

Pages:
Jump to: