Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 555. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
segwit2x support decreasing

https://coin.dance/blocks

So if support for B2X drops off a cliff before the fork then we can assume the fork will be a dud and business as usual for BTC?

Just looked, 75% to 80% is saying they will support 2X.

Leaving 1X with only 25%, if that # holds we are about to witness the Great SegShit 1X Collapse

https://cointelegraph.com/news/segwit2x-hard-fork-could-have-devastating-consequences-for-bitcoin
the 1X chain, will have only a tenth the hash power of the 2X chain and will have a block time of nearly two hours.
The network will quite literally crawl, and its maximum transaction throughput will be slashed by an order of magnitude

And Bitcoin Cash (The Real Bitcoin) is going to keep working as normal no matter what happens to the shitwit twins.

╥Aztek

By that reckoning BCH has over 50% of supporting hashing power still on BTC (Antpool, BTC.com, BTC.top, ViaBTC) so why isnt it already dead and all power on BCH now ?

The miners mine what is profitable and the users will most likely keep BTC as the most profitable therefore dominant chain the B2X chain may at most get 15-20% of all available hashing power but with no difficulty adjust for ~1000 blocks it could take a good 1-2 months possibly even 3 month to adjust and if so will the miners continue mining B2X at a HUGE loss for this long without being compensated by the supporting companies
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
One of the most promissing projects for me… Will see)

I will watch.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Totally true but the Titanic had a shitty captain. Saying that Bitcoin has a shitty captain would mean that Bitcoin has a shitty community and, honestly, I severely doubt that Wink

The Best and Brightest from the old original Bitcoin all moved to support Bitcoin Cash,
Roger Ver was not called Bitcoin Jesus for nothing.

Segshit was the shitty fork , 70% of the segshit community doesn't even understand how it will let the bankers control the coin and destroy the miners.
Or the fact it ever increasing fees and unconfirmed transactions are designed to force users offchain.
So the morons supporting any version of segshit, are literally morons.

╥Aztek

I don't care what Roger Ver is called or not called. And even your notion of the Best and the Brightest is nothing but subject to subjective evaluation. One of the Best and the Brightest in my opinion is Antonopoulos, ask him whether Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash is the real deal. Every heard Ver talking as competently as Antonopoulos about Bitcoin? Please point me to that source, thanks.
Activity: 572
Merit: 106
Is there any information on the exchanges who will support the fork? It's really hard to find anything on this topic
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
One of the most promissing projects for me… Will see)
Activity: 770
Merit: 112
Support question here about the upcoming hard fork.I bought a few bitcoin cash coins and have sent to electron cash but now see a hard fork notice so the question is:

-If using current electron cash wallet do I need to do anything during hard fork?Do I just need back up wallet.dat and use in updated electron cash wallet after HF or will current seed still work on updated client after HF?I assume fork is not chain split of any type so current blockchain remains intact and wallet.dat/seed should be ok?

Thank you

~noob

Keep your wallet up to date, store your seed in a safe place, backup your wallet and be sure you have access to your private keys and you should be just fine Smiley
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Support question here about the upcoming hard fork.I bought a few bitcoin cash coins and have sent to electron cash but now see a hard fork notice so the question is:

-If using current electron cash wallet do I need to do anything during hard fork?Do I just need back up wallet.dat and use in updated electron cash wallet after HF or will current seed still work on updated client after HF?I assume fork is not chain split of any type so current blockchain remains intact and wallet.dat/seed should be ok?

Thank you

~noob

I guess, Jonald will prepare an update for Electron Cash, so you will need to replace binaries or install it all over your existing setup. You can obviously keep a backup of your wallet.dat - it can be useful, but the most important is to keep a backup of your private key(s), so you can always get access to your coins in any wallet, or in case of a disaster of your hardware and/or software.
Activity: 74

Thank you

~noob
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
^^^^^^^^^^^^
These bots are really starting to bug me....I didn't realize account farming can be so lucrative. Huh Roll Eyes
Activity: 35
Interesting, keep my eye on
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Activity: 272
Merit: 102
Millionaire
the time is coming. im not sure where the value will come. but pretty happy to see the community is so strong Cheesy

bch is now on its sideway, i will get some more :d

So if support for B2X drops off a cliff before the fork then we can assume the fork will be a dud and business as usual for BTC?

The miner signalling is useless the miners will support whichever fork the users give value they won't mine on a fork that is not profitable for long even if they do support it
Activity: 364
Merit: 101

Yeah so I only thought about it for a few minutes, but I guess we don't have to update our wallets for the Nov 13 fork, since it's just a DA upgrade? Just nodes and miners I'm guessing.

All the forks have nothing to do with the original bitcoin it is open source and you could create a fork tomorrow and nobody could stop you not even the bitcoin developers

I like that you added that... I immediately thought "not even those neckbeard trolls could stop you".

Well it's true no matter if we do have our differences of opinion
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Yeah so I only thought about it for a few minutes, but I guess we don't have to update our wallets for the Nov 13 fork, since it's just a DA upgrade? Just nodes and miners I'm guessing.

All the forks have nothing to do with the original bitcoin it is open source and you could create a fork tomorrow and nobody could stop you not even the bitcoin developers

I like that you added that... I immediately thought "not even those neckbeard trolls could stop you".
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Will you have a hard fork on the 13th? How do I get the value in BCH, if I leave my BTC in Poloniex, can I get the same value in BCH? I'm newbie yet

being new to this thread does not prevent you from making your own re-search into the subject under scrutiny, does it?
Activity: 9
Will you have a hard fork on the 13th? How do I get the value in BCH, if I leave my BTC in Poloniex, can I get the same value in BCH? I'm newbie yet
I do not understand why Bitcoin cash is going up with BTC. after for there is nothing incomone.. It is just free money..  Huh

Because bitcoin cash is the most strong competitor of bitcoin, so bch is pumping along with BTC. I think the logic is very simple, BCH is decendant of btc, so it can go up together.

It merely dishonest what Bitcoin is doing. Just spilitting and making free money for holders. It is like unmoral community with greed. I do not like this forks. And I hope bitcoin will slowly loose its value together with its clones beacose of this. Also other cryptos who do this should alse slowly disapear.

Activity: 42
I added Bitcoin Cash to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com/). This will help new users to learn about Bitcoin Cash and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link addresses, wallets, exchanges, and other services that support Bitcoin Cash so that new users can easily get started. Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help me add supported services?

Screenshots of coin overview screen:

https://i.imgur.com/GeqpRtP.png

https://i.imgur.com/zUuwO0g.png

Screenshot of coin details screen:

https://i.imgur.com/bfZFDJj.png
Jump to: