Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 552. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I cannot believe this hapened this kind of ass move and this just seems like a total joke amazing smfhp
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Then maybe the people shouting about scaling should try using segwit?

Bitpay is the most obvious one. They haven't said anything about using it.

There have been 1.6mb blocks but setvices are lagging in offering it to enough people.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Fundamentals of BTC and BCH from Tom Zander
https://www.yours.org/content/f6acfa5e6213c1bf86cf54bba9fd6999a79ce9e76dae1a33e18161f3a885c2d7/

After 3 months of actual usage of SegWit we know that it didn't in actual fact solve any scaling issues. The waiting queues continue to be long and we can only guess how many people and investors left because the coin isn't growing. The observable facts are that nobody wants to use SegWit and even if they did we have seen practically no gain for scalability.

What is most worrying is that the rejection of a block-size increase leaves the Bitcoin-SegWit chain in a situation where there is no hope of actual scaling. Ever.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Don't worry folks. Craig wright with his long words and tantrums will lead bch to the promised land.

Or they should quit dicking around, get rid of the toxic chatacters and concentrate on becoming the most honest coin out there.

Sounds good. I will just keep my bitcoin cash the way it has been so far.
Personally, I am more concerned about the value of BTC+BCH combined.
Activity: 31

I have bitcoin in a paper wallet prior to fork, now I want to redeem bitcoin cash can I import the private key to electron cash or should I rather move the bitcoin to a new paper wallet and only then import the private key from the first paper wallet?

Lots of people have used electron cash (including me) so at this point it seems safe, but for the small amount of extra effort involved transfer your BTC to a new wallet first, then if the worst does happen or you make a mistake your BTC are at least still safe.

Thanks for your attention and response.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

I have bitcoin in a paper wallet prior to fork, now I want to redeem bitcoin cash can I import the private key to electron cash or should I rather move the bitcoin to a new paper wallet and only then import the private key from the first paper wallet?

Lots of people have used electron cash (including me) so at this point it seems safe, but for the small amount of extra effort involved transfer your BTC to a new wallet first, then if the worst does happen or you make a mistake your BTC are at least still safe.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
Must say I am surprised by the S2x Cancel self-destruct!  But are those corporate heads really speaking for the Chinese miners? And why is 2x signalling amongst the miners still ?80% ?! Anything could still happen so I would put away that champagne/popcorn.

Oh and what's with the sharp-even-by-crypto-standards graphs in BTC and the alts. 7-day EMA on BCH looks flat. Just Sayin'.

hmm - that would be interesting strategy - fork whilst the naysayers are drunk and sleepin ?

hehe
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Don't worry folks. Craig wright with his long words and tantrums will lead bch to the promised land.

Or they should quit dicking around, get rid of the toxic chatacters and concentrate on becoming the most honest coin out there.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I really hope BCH will take over bitcoin as soon as possible, the price of BCH is only 0.088 btc, it is extremely undervalued, the reasonable price for BCH is at least 0.2 btc, and it will surpass BTC in 10 years?

Dude you should be much more realistic about your hopes. Nothing is going to kill Bitcoin, absolutely nothing. Bitcoin cash won't, Bitcoin Gold won't, no other Bitcoin XXX won't. There is a reason for the amount of money that network is currently holding securely.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I really hope BCH will take over bitcoin as soon as possible, the price of BCH is only 0.088 btc, it is extremely undervalued, the reasonable price for BCH is at least 0.2 btc, and it will surpass BTC in 10 years?
Activity: 31

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Must say I am surprised by the S2x Cancel self-destruct!  But are those corporate heads really speaking for the Chinese miners? And why is 2x signalling amongst the miners still ?80% ?! Anything could still happen so I would put away that champagne/popcorn.

Oh and what's with the sharp-even-by-crypto-standards graphs in BTC and the alts. 7-day EMA on BCH looks flat. Just Sayin'.

For the miners to drop the NYA tag it means having to reboot their nodes etc this causes downtime and possibly loss so won't be done unless absolutely necessary.

Now it's possible some may still do it out of spite but that's even less likely to happen than before also not forgetting some are still to this day signalling for Bitcoin Unlimited

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I don't understand why BTC and BCH move together after S2x has been canceled?
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
I am a student

I don't understand these cryptocurrencies are based of what , any money value should have been bankroll (Gold,silver,diamond,etc)
It seems their value is only because people are buying and selling them nothing more
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
Did anyone gain advantage of the drop in BCH yesterday?It sure was a good moment to accumulate some more BCH. Price dropped to 420, i tried to buy but kraken was completely unresponsive, i was just sitting there watching the buy opportunity go to waste. 
Activity: 3
Does anyone know if Poloniex is all set with BCH hardfork ? technically speaking.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504

Activity: 896
Merit: 251
There were some hopes for BCH supporters to take advantage of the situation but that is over for good now. It will keep continue as altcoin now sometimes little up and most of the times down in value. they need huge resources to sustain the value which in long term is very very hard to achieve continuously.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

The drama ain't over. It is just suspended. BT2:USD over 1000 - suspended - price under 100, next week - back on - price up to over 1000.

Smell a scam here anyone?

Now, let's see what Bitfinex is going to do with their contracts.
What if they will delist them, and few small dedicated miners will stick to the agreement and continue with the fork?

On another note: it's likely small blockers, with Lauda, theymos, Cobra, Core devs, and the army of "stay vigilant" minions, will soon focus on Bitcoin Cash.
They could increase block size to make BCH weaker, but somehow they prefer propaganda and power  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
Jump to: