Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 609. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
EDA has nothing to do with the value of BCH. It's to prevent a death spiral, and it is effective for this purpose. The value is based on its utility and adoption rate, which is increasing rapidly (4 new exchanges, including 1 BCH->fiat, in the past week).We'll see exactly why Segwit BTC-1x is weak without EDA in November when the SHTF with Segwit2x.

What utility, its unusable. Last block mined more then 3 hours ago. There is no utility in BCH at the moment. As a store of value against 8 years old BTC it still meh and for quick transactions BTC, LTC and ETH are all better, at least they work all the time.
And did you look at the charts? BCH value is steadily going down since about august 19. In fact its similar to many alt coins - speculation and wild swings at first "its the next big thing" and then gradual decline when realization kicks in "no its not there yet".

But maybe it was all planed? release miner coin, mine a truckload of BCH, fork into better EDA algorithm. Can you say premined?

Bruh, Do you even bitcoin? Did you notice that transactions were routinely unconfirmed for 72 hours a few months ago? Suck it up and wait 3 hours, big deal. It may not be optimal, but obviously someone is gaming the EDA, and the other miners are too lazy to smooth out their erratic hashrate game. If this was BTC, Maxwell and all of his little butt-minions would be screaming on Reddit about the "attack on decentralization", blaming Roger Ver and Jihan Wu, etc.  It looks like BCH people just quietly suck it up and buy the coins this miner is dumping  Lips sealed  

I know a lot of people who bought at 0.084. Man I wish I had the money to jump in.

As for this claim of "unusability", BCH still has fees that are 1500x lower than BTC/Kore. This means that all of the use cases for BTC that disappeared due to the artificially high fee market are back: dice, gambling, micropayments, tipping. In short, you can use your coins with BCH rather than greedily wringing your hands over your little pile of BTC "digital gold".
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
To the Moon!
I have been waiting ages for Jaxx to implement the BCC wallet, but at this point I think I will stay along for the ride. Yes it dipped, but hopefully in the long term it can increase past its previous ath.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
why the coin is dumping so hard
is there anynews i am missing here??

markets be markets yo, to note bcc is the only coin in the top 10 cmc that is >3% in the green
After an 11% drop

True BCH was trading at over 0.13 BTC and currently trading just below 0.085 BTC so much more than that

This is how much its lost just this month so far

It could have something to do with the need to do another hard fork to fix the EDA and everyone debating on how to fix it so it cannot be exploited
It could also just be due to the volatile difficulty oscillations paired the uncertainty of the 2x HF BCH could be seen as just a backup plan for if S2x fails
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2386
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

markets be markets yo, to note bcc is the only coin in the top 10 cmc that is >3% in the green
After an 11% drop
Activity: 168

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Merit: 100

Bullshit, and you know it perfectly well : In the original Bitcoin, Satoshi introduced a feedback loop for mining. Mining is done with mining computers that do calculations. As time goes on, those computers get more powerful and thus the calculations will be finished sooner.
In order to avoid blocks coming faster and faster as computers get more powerful Satoshi Nakamoto introduced the mining-difficulty adjustment.
Every 2016 blocks the total amount of time taken to mine them is taken and used to calculate the difficulty for the next period of 2016 blocks. The calculation keeps the blocks spaced about 10 minutes apart.
The number 2016 is taken from the fact that this is the exact number of blocks we expect to appear in a 2 week period, assuming they come every 10 minutes. These were the initial designs as made by Satoshi Nakamoto. We got used to his choices looking simple but being brilliant in balancing balancing out the incentives between the different parties in Bitcoin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/74g8zf/investigating_the_difficulty_adjustment_in/

"Also, you should model an attacking miner like Bitfury who wants to destroy BCC and keep everything contained in SegWit coin. Remember, they may also be interested in causing disruption where blocks are NOT found quickly, in order to make BCC less reliable. They may take a loss on their mining to push difficulty waaaaay up, and then pull all their hashrate, then repeat when the difficulty begins to drop. How effective would this attack be? What would the maximum and average block solution time be if the miner with x% of the hash rate did this attack?"

The whole EDA is a mess and cannot be fixed without another fork and also expect the current broken chain to live on if that happens

May be, but I feel with the upcoming hardforks, we're move away from the original blockchain, then it becomes a matter computing power (hashrate) going to increase to a point where the code used by developpers will be made obsolete by hackers who in turn will able to crack the algorithm like for laughs.

EDIT: forgot to mention this "By 2029, a computer will pass the Turing test." https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=oPyCHwPS04E

I think btc still more profitable than the btc cash for now.

For the newbies, there is a comprehensive and mathematical answer to this question here [fork.lol]

Newbies also need to under-stand this: https://medium.com/@sumanthneppalli/who-controls-bitcoin-27d262d4d528

Bullshit, and you know it perfectly well : In the original Bitcoin, Satoshi introduced a feedback loop for mining. Mining is done with mining computers that do calculations. As time goes on, those computers get more powerful and thus the calculations will be finished sooner.
In order to avoid blocks coming faster and faster as computers get more powerful Satoshi Nakamoto introduced the mining-difficulty adjustment.
Every 2016 blocks the total amount of time taken to mine them is taken and used to calculate the difficulty for the next period of 2016 blocks. The calculation keeps the blocks spaced about 10 minutes apart.
The number 2016 is taken from the fact that this is the exact number of blocks we expect to appear in a 2 week period, assuming they come every 10 minutes. These were the initial designs as made by Satoshi Nakamoto. We got used to his choices looking simple but being brilliant in balancing balancing out the incentives between the different parties in Bitcoin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/74g8zf/investigating_the_difficulty_adjustment_in/

"Also, you should model an attacking miner like Bitfury who wants to destroy BCC and keep everything contained in SegWit coin. Remember, they may also be interested in causing disruption where blocks are NOT found quickly, in order to make BCC less reliable. They may take a loss on their mining to push difficulty waaaaay up, and then pull all their hashrate, then repeat when the difficulty begins to drop. How effective would this attack be? What would the maximum and average block solution time be if the miner with x% of the hash rate did this attack?"

The whole EDA is a mess and cannot be fixed without another fork and also expect the current broken chain to live on if that happens

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

For the newbies, there is a comprehensive and mathematical answer to this question here [fork.lol]
EDA has nothing to do with the value of BCH. It's to prevent a death spiral, and it is effective for this purpose. The value is based on its utility and adoption rate, which is increasing rapidly (4 new exchanges, including 1 BCH->fiat, in the past week).We'll see exactly why Segwit BTC-1x is weak without EDA in November when the SHTF with Segwit2x.

What utility, its unusable. Last block mined more then 3 hours ago. There is no utility in BCH at the moment.

Activity: 118

What utility, its unusable. Last block mined more then 3 hours ago. There is no utility in BCH at the moment. As a store of value against 8 years old BTC it still meh and for quick transactions BTC, LTC and ETH are all better, at least they work all the time.
And did you look at the charts? BCH value is steadily going down since about august 19. In fact its similar to many alt coins - speculation and wild swings at first "its the next big thing" and then gradual decline when realization kicks in "no its not there yet".

But maybe it was all planed? release miner coin, mine a truckload of BCH, fork into better EDA algorithm. Can you say premined?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
is it easy to mine btc cash than btc?

It depends on the day of the week today its pretty difficult right now but it will be extremely easy over the weekend and probably get difficult again Monday maybe Tuesday
Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
is it easy to mine btc cash than btc?
Interesting take on the EDA and what's going to happen if nothing changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG513bfNlE

These guys are both borderline retarded (Sopranos poster and the gold chain, really?). Doofus #2's math on the inflation rate is completely wrong - he is only counting coins since the fork instead of total coins - derp. Furthermore, BCH never will have an inflation rate anywhere near what BTC had during the 50BTC block reward period!   "716% inflation, ehrmagerd hyperinflation", after he claims that BCH's inflation rate will increase when the block reward decreases? Wow, only an idiot would believe any of this trash. I suppose this is the level of intellect in the crypto investing space now, greater fool sheeple.  "Segwit has been the best improvement in the history of Bitcoin", LAWL.

Bitcoin Gold has got to be one of the biggest shitcoins of all time. I'm too disgusted to compile their crap, but I suppose I will compile and dump it when the time comes.

The BCH address FUD isn't sticking to the wall either. I'm glad all of this FUD opened the buy window, however. Thanks, dumbazzes!

You are correct the EDA has nothing to do with the value its to do with the profitability that's why when profitability is down it gets triggered the point is after the halving the profitability will be much lower meaning the difficulty will need to be much lower creating even faster blocks until it spirals out of control

You say the EDA was to prevent a death spiral but it creating an entire new death spiral

This is the very reason the EDA is trying to be re-written but BCH will need to fork again
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Interesting take on the EDA and what's going to happen if nothing changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG513bfNlE

These guys are both borderline retarded (Sopranos poster and the gold chain, really?). Doofus #2's math on the inflation rate is completely wrong - he is only counting coins since the fork instead of total coins - derp. Furthermore, BCH never will have an inflation rate anywhere near what BTC had during the 50BTC block reward period!   "716% inflation, ehrmagerd hyperinflation", after he claims that BCH's inflation rate will increase when the block reward decreases? Wow, only an idiot would believe any of this trash. I suppose this is the level of intellect in the crypto investing space now, greater fool sheeple.  "Segwit has been the best improvement in the history of Bitcoin", LAWL.

Bitcoin Gold has got to be one of the biggest shitcoins of all time. I'm too disgusted to compile their crap, but I suppose I will compile and dump it when the time comes.

The BCH address FUD isn't sticking to the wall either. I'm glad all of this FUD opened the buy window, however. Thanks, dumbazzes!
this coin is perfect for miners it can not be not profitalbe alt all : ) this is genius for MINERS.
I belive that EDA will be repaired if seg2x fails. But if there will be 2x and bcash it will be funn to wacth it.
And now bitcoin gold is comming.

You can bet BCH will be remembered long after BCG is forgotten.

BCH will be remembered for a long tine but not in a good way

At any rate, interesting part on your yt vid about BTG scam crew asking for BTC wallet users to send their private key.

Yea where there is money involved there will always be scams there was similar sites for splitting BCH too and if anyone gives their private keys or seed to any of these websites then they deserve to loose everything and won't ever do it again
this coin is perfect for miners it can not be not profitalbe alt all : ) this is genius for MINERS.
I belive that EDA will be repaired if seg2x fails. But if there will be 2x and bcash it will be funn to wacth it.
And now bitcoin gold is comming.

You can bet BCH will be remembered long after BCG is forgotten.

BCH will be remembered for a long tine but not in a good way

At any rate, interesting part on your yt vid about BTG scam crew asking for BTC wallet users to send their private key.
Jump to: