Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 611. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
PSA: 6 hours until miners magically disappear. Please send your important transactions before that time.

The miners may have left prematurely in anticipation been averaging blocks of 1.1 minute  but these last 2 blocks are taking forever with over 10 mins for the previous and currently been over 25 mins for the current one

Yes truly a decentralized censorship resistant network.

Bitcoin is now well over 2 and a half times more profitable again and with the decreasing bcash value may see 3x more profitable until the EDA kicks back in wonder how many difficulty down adjusts this time 5 or 6 maybe followed by another hyper round
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
PSA: 6 hours until miners magically disappear. Please send your important transactions before that time.

The miners may have left prematurely in anticipation been averaging blocks of 1.1 minute  but these last 2 blocks are taking forever with over 10 mins for the previous and currently been over 25 mins for the current one

Yes truly a decentralized censorship resistant network.

Probably won't drop off straight away may take a day

They already stopped. Really strong fundamentals here.

PSA update: BCH network will likely work very slowly or not work at all for some time until EDA-SIC BOOST is activated again. If you know someone who tried using BCH and cannot get the things he or she needs because network is broken, lend him a hand. He may be your neighbor, or just some stranger on the street. Maybe even lend you working BTC and help him get the things he needs. Satoshi understood the power of community, people are stronger together, help each other pull through the dark times and sun will rise again.

The miners may have left prematurely in anticipation been averaging blocks of 1.1 minute  but these last 2 blocks are taking forever with over 10 mins for the previous and currently been over 25 mins for the current one
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
Is there  a reason for the dip? 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22571392

Incidentally, I have kept dry powder that I am now using to BTF'nD. Fundamentals are still aligned. BCH is the rightful ultimate heir. This will become even more clear after the S1X vs S2X circular firing squad.

Bcash's address format is broken but nobody can agree on how to fix it (Bech32 is provably ideal for UX, but it was made by Evil Blockstream Grin).

Bcash's Emergency Difficulty Adjustment has effectively become a Permanent Downward Difficulty Adjustment, allowing miners to exploit a loophole and creating a terrible UX.

Bcash's devs are bickering among themselves and becoming less effective at the exact moment they most need to work together.

I expect your motley crew of malcontents will fracture into Bcash Classic, Bcash Unlimited, Satoshi's Bcash, and Bcash2X.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

After you spend your last real Bitcoin on fake ones, will you keep posting here or will you fork off in silence to join cypherdoc and the other bitco.in failures in the extinct big blocker graveyard?

I would categorize this as dickish trolling, without question. Although Icey loves to try and appear knowledgeable and hints at serious problems inevitably when you dig further into his hints you find only FUD. I know this from the Dash thread.

This was a classic. 'OH don't you know about the Bcash address format being broken' only to find nothing is broken.
Activity: 770
Merit: 112
Hi Gentlemen, Is it your humble opinions that its time to get out of BCH?

That's a shake out, whales don't like weak hands IMHO. If you are into several solid coins, you can always set aside a few BCHs and see what the market decides, but then you're selling at the worst possible time....

Yep, it doesn't look good for now, but BCH has been here before and got out, so it may do it again. I guess I will hold, I'm takin' the chance, who knows, maybe it turns out to be the smart choise Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
It's astonishing and hilarious that you are burning the last of your "dry powder" on Altcoin Cash even as you lack the basic familiarity with the local terrain required to perform due diligence on such a brave investment.

Haha. As if on cue - some info & help, packaged as dickish trolling. Thanks.

Incidentally, not the last of my dry powder by any means. I expect further pivoting out of BCH into BTC as the next fork approacheth. Out of alts too, FWIW. Unclear when and where the inflection point to positive will occur. I've still a magazine with which to buy on its way down.

BCH users are sending own money into BCH-SegWit addresses this is invalid and their money is mostly lost.

b) the sending wallets thus have no way of knowing that P2SH-wrapped segwit addresses really are "hiding" a segwit redeemscript
... there's currently no way to prevent this, and it will continue happening.

Well, yeah. If you present for payment an address which you have no way of redeeming, you're gonna have a bad time. Kind of fundamental concept there.

I don't mean to make light of the issue. Real people are losing real money. But the means to avoid this is fully in their hands.

Bonus: Trezor is sick of Bcash's bullshit and won't change its address format

Fair enough. Their project, their decision.

That's a shake out, whales don't like weak hands IMHO. If you are into several solid coins, you can always set aside a few BCHs and see what the market decides, but then you're selling at the worst possible time....

For once I may agree with you totally selling out now is probably the worst time the huge crash has happened it may go lower but right now seems it could be close to the bottom it's probably 50/50 which way it goes now.

Nobody really knows its pretty much a gamble
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2386
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
If your house is on fire you get out right
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2386
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

Yeah I must admit I was shaken out as soon as my ABC wallet synced
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Probably won't drop off straight away may take a day

Also Bitcoin having a nice little pump, Bcash did try too but was over before it barely got started
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Bcash's address format is broken but nobody can agree on how to fix it

Well, iCEBREAKER, you are an inveterate dickish troll. But I also know you to be seemingly quite intelligent and knowledgable. So with that as a preface, I am going to ask...

This is the first I have heard about some flaw in Bitcoin Cash's address format. Where can I find a factual description thereof?

https://www.yours.org/content/bitpay-s-new-bitcoin-cash-address-format--breaks-wallet-compatibility--5e55b256183b/

Nothing is really broken.  BTC and BCH addresses are cross compatible and there is discussion on what to do next if anything.

Trolls gonna troll.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Overstock.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Who are the next adoption bitcoins cash? SimpleFX, online Forex & Cryptocurrency broker recently introduced Bitcoin Cash as a deposit currency. Additionally, clients who had Bitcoin balance on July 31st, 2017 on SimpleFX, received an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash on a 1:1 basis.
SimpleFX introduced three new CFDs symbols for trading:

BCHUSD (Bitcoin Cash vs US Dollar)
    BCHBTC (Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin)
    USDKRW (US Dollar vs South Korean Won)
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/10/05/simplefx-adds-bitcoin-cash/
https://coinmarketcap.com/ See for yourselves the top ten coins in terms of market cap, only XRP has a positive % change in the last 24 hours. You noobs should stop trading cryptocurrencies unless you're begging to get rekt.
I think BCH is dying. There are even orders to buy it at $0! *lol* Shocked

Don't think too much, it can lead you into a lot of problems.
Lots of trolling on this thread, its a shame. Although only what I expect I suppose, pump n dumpers trying to exaggerate the dump. I'm still hodling bitcoin cash on dips like this feel I might buy a bit to rebalance the old portfolio, won't be selling thats for sure. Is there  a reason for the dip? As far as I can tell the network is ticking away quite happily.

While this excellent comment passed unnoticed, trolls keep polluting this thread, it's a shame, so true.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/10/05/2194474/crypto-apple-dealer-attempts-to-avoid-us-regulators/

Noted crypto-securitisation shop LA Token says it won’t sell more tokens to US investors.

The announcement is intriguingly timed, to say the least — just a few days after the SEC charged two ICOs with fraud!

The regulator got an emergency court order to freeze the assets of Maksim Zaslavskiy, after it found he and his companies “have been selling unregistered securities, and the digital tokens or coins being peddled don’t really exist.” From the SEC’s release:

Zaslavskiy allegedly touted REcoin as “The First Ever Cryptocurrency Backed by Real Estate.” Alleged misstatements to REcoin investors included that the company had a “team of lawyers, professionals, brokers, and accountants” that would invest REcoin’s ICO proceeds into real estate when in fact none had been hired or even consulted.

LA Token also says it has plans to “tokenise” — meaning securitise — real estate. Weird! It says it’s already issued crypto-denominated securities based on Apple shares.

And its current US investors can still use its platform, according to LA Token:

The following changes apply only to the new contributions. Our early contributors can still use their LAT to pay for future transactions such as assets tokenization at the LAT platform and convert LAT into other cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin or Ether.

Now, it’s not clear that anyone is actually using the platform anyway.

The “trade history” says a total of 92 tokens traded on Wednesday, the equivalent of 92 Europe-listed shares of Apple. For context, 20.1m shares of Apple’s real US-listed stock traded on Wednesday, according to Reuters.

This all comes after the company went through a rather dizzying series of changes regarding its US investors. First they didn’t have any stated rules about it. Then we asked them, and they rather quickly turned around and said US investors couldn’t participate. Then they said their tokens were actually just utility coins, for “future platform usage such as assets tokenization”.

Of course, there’s no clear explanation of the way crypto-securities purchases would fit into the “utility token” framework. (As far as we can tell, the point of that distinction is to make sure crypto is not used for securities purchases.)

The company says “they hedge they [sic] bets by closing the sales to US citizens and residents. LAToken follows the trend.”
Jump to: