Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 630. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
EDA is a threat not only to bitcoin, but also bitcoin cash itself. what cryptocurrency creates financial incentive for miners not to mine lol is this proof of not work currency
I'd like to hear Roger Vers opinion on eda. I heard him saying he has some concerns over eda.
and its not an eda as in adjustment anyway, there is no emergency diff increase to save bch from inflation, only emergency diff reduction
maybe if bch ever gets decentralized enough to stop eda abuse it will stop. maybe

I honestly cannot tell if it was designed to work this way or just a huge glaring oversight due to being rushed and no testing

When you are dealing with billions of dollars worth of people's money you cannot afford for there to be ANY problems core may get some flak for slower releases but at least I can be confident any changes are tested 110% that it's faultless in its intended use and that it has also been rigorously tested in ways it wasn't supposed to be used because in a decentralised network once a crippling bug is discovered it may be impossible to remove without hard forking and core understand this
That you cannot tell is, telling.  Grin

I have no doubt this is working as intended, to suggest otherwise means they are just really lucky, I think not.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
So quiet... calm before the storm? Huh
I got a feeling a big drop is coming. Shocked
Doom and gloom!! Doom and gloom! Cheesy
for me, what you say here..is a gd indicator of the opposite ...the dumpers, either ran out of coins or dont want to sell cheap imo
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
EDA is a threat not only to bitcoin, but also bitcoin cash itself. what cryptocurrency creates financial incentive for miners not to mine lol is this proof of not work currency
I'd like to hear Roger Vers opinion on eda. I heard him saying he has some concerns over eda.
and its not an eda as in adjustment anyway, there is no emergency diff increase to save bch from inflation, only emergency diff reduction
maybe if bch ever gets decentralized enough to stop eda abuse it will stop. maybe

I honestly cannot tell if it was designed to work this way or just a huge glaring oversight due to being rushed and no testing

When you are dealing with billions of dollars worth of people's money you cannot afford for there to be ANY problems core may get some flak for slower releases but at least I can be confident any changes are tested 110% that it's faultless in its intended use and that it has also been rigorously tested in ways it wasn't supposed to be used because in a decentralised network once a crippling bug is discovered it may be impossible to remove without hard forking and core understand this
Activity: 118
problem is those fans have a hard time transacting bch while miners stop mining waiting for eda to kick in  Grin
quickly now transact while you can 4 days 15 hours left
I hold bch as a hedge against btc, but this eda abuse is a circus. when will it stop

The EDA is the equivalent of the government printing new money when they want to
Activity: 118
problem is those fans have a hard time transacting bch while miners stop mining waiting for eda to kick in  Grin
quickly now transact while you can 4 days 15 hours left
I hold bch as a hedge against btc, but this eda abuse is a circus. when will it stop
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
I wonder how many real Bitcoin Cash fans there really are in total... anyone thinks more than 1000 persons?

It seems like there are many, and they just become anonymous.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I greatly appreciate you have a product and clear vision.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
I wonder how many real Bitcoin Cash fans there really are in total... anyone thinks more than 1000 persons?

/r/btc has more than 65k subscribers, so you can be sure there're more than 1000

that's interesting. however, /r/btc had tens of thousands of subscribers before Bitcoin Cash was released, didn't it?

Majority of posters have been in favor of big blocks, so it's almost certain they are behing Cash too

the general consenus among the majority of Bitcoin fans seems to be that Bitcoin Cash is not even to be taken serious

Cash is third biggest coin in crypto - isn't it serious?

While most people are keeping an eye on the Bitcoin price, there are other currencies making some moves as well. With most of the market in bearish or sideways mode for now, Bitcoin Cash is a notable exception. The Bitcoin Cash price has increased by 4.79% over the past 24 hours and reaching US$500 is certainly possible. It’s an interesting trend to keep an eye on, even though many people still doubt the viability of BCH.

BCH is down in the last 24 hours (-1.78%) to a share of (12.66% of BTC) and overall it's down over BTC too by a fair amount compared to what it was just a couple of week back (14.25% of BTC) and also less of a share from a month ago (16.43% of BTC) the only time it was really much lower was right after the initial dump where it bottomed out at 6.62% of BTC and then got pumped up to 20.91% of BTC and has been on a steady decline ever since with the little pump here and there for a day or so then back down it went

Relax dude, all of the price digital coins are down and that is no problem Cheesy the new information i like is
Bitcoin.com chief executive Roger Ver has issued a $1 million challenge to F2Pool owner Wang Chun, who has claimed at a blockchain conference in Hong Kong that Bitcoin Cash “will be short-lived.”
The two executives were part of a roundtable discussion at the Bitkan-hosted 2017 Shape the Future Blockchain Global Summit, debating on the potentials of Bitcoin Cash versus the original Bitcoin. For his part, Wang said Bitcoin Cash will be abandoned soon, or as early as November, when another hard fork is expected to happen.

Yes everything is down but these numbers are how much value BCH has lost compared to BTC

So yes BTC is down but BCH is down much more
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I greatly appreciate you have a product and clear vision.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
While most people are keeping an eye on the Bitcoin price, there are other currencies making some moves as well. With most of the market in bearish or sideways mode for now, Bitcoin Cash is a notable exception. The Bitcoin Cash price has increased by 4.79% over the past 24 hours and reaching US$500 is certainly possible. It’s an interesting trend to keep an eye on, even though many people still doubt the viability of BCH.

BCH is down in the last 24 hours (-1.78%) to a share of (12.66% of BTC) and overall it's down over BTC too by a fair amount compared to what it was just a couple of week back (14.25% of BTC) and also less of a share from a month ago (16.43% of BTC) the only time it was really much lower was right after the initial dump where it bottomed out at 6.62% of BTC and then got pumped up to 20.91% of BTC and has been on a steady decline ever since with the little pump here and there for a day or so then back down it went

Relax dude, all of the price digital coins are down and that is no problem Cheesy the new information i like is
Bitcoin.com chief executive Roger Ver has issued a $1 million challenge to F2Pool owner Wang Chun, who has claimed at a blockchain conference in Hong Kong that Bitcoin Cash “will be short-lived.”
The two executives were part of a roundtable discussion at the Bitkan-hosted 2017 Shape the Future Blockchain Global Summit, debating on the potentials of Bitcoin Cash versus the original Bitcoin. For his part, Wang said Bitcoin Cash will be abandoned soon, or as early as November, when another hard fork is expected to happen.
Activity: 589
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
the general consenus among the majority of Bitcoin fans seems to be that Bitcoin Cash is not even to be taken serious

There is no such thing as the general consensus among the majority of anything. The majority of any group is always silent, they will never speak up so you will never know what they think.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252

/r/btc has more than 65k subscribers, so you can be sure there're more than 1000

that's interesting. however, /r/btc had tens of thousands of subscribers before Bitcoin Cash was released, didn't it?

Activity: 448
Merit: 252
BTC moved to Bitfinex, confirmed fast, sold, done.

BCH moved to Bitfinex, only 2 confirmations after what 3 hours now?

Let's just say, I have my doubts about BCH now. This will cost me a lot of money.

I will ride it for trading but when push comes to shove, seems like BTC is still king of the hill, sadly.

Cash is just few weeks old - don't expect too much within such a short time.

Cash was running fine after the difficulty upward adjust blocks were around 15 mins after BTCtop left but Jihan and his goons decided they wasn't earning enough and took a break so the EDA could be exploited at the cost of the user's
BTC moved to Bitfinex, confirmed fast, sold, done.

BCH moved to Bitfinex, only 2 confirmations after what 3 hours now?

Let's just say, I have my doubts about BCH now. This will cost me a lot of money.

I will ride it for trading but when push comes to shove, seems like BTC is still king of the hill, sadly.

Cash is just few weeks old - don't expect too much within such a short time.
Activity: 70
With big exchanges  listing bch ( stamp soon and around jan 2017 coinbase )
big wallet services adding bch...
bch gaining more and more fiat gateways...
more merchant adoption as time passes...
a growing global demand for crypto....
there is only one way this will go....

UP  Cool

buy the dips, hodl ...wait...dont margin, dont lend, dont borrow  Smiley

Indeed. At this point it is GG  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
up we go guys  Cool
Jump to: