Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 777. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 746
Merit: 509
TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER
i don't believe in BCc but it is moving very fast so enjoy collecting nice profit
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
200 Bitcoin Cash bought  at  $210 average, and sold at $300.  Works for me.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
Meanwhile 98 minutes to get my 10 confirmations on bittrex; it`s getting better...

This network is getting stable so in future confirmation will get reduced to standard confirmation. I think BCH will grow as altcoin that is it's fate and this way it will survive for long term.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Meanwhile 98 minutes to get my 10 confirmations on bittrex; it`s getting better...
Activity: 392
Merit: 154

Right this second according to coin dance bitcoin cash is actually more profitable to mine  Shocked

I don't expect it to and hope it don't last

Cut and paste from Coin Dance:

It is currently 98% more profitable to mine on the original chain.

I think you may be reading that wrong.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine the main chain.

I know is was 200+ more profitable before then after the disiculty changed it went to around 160% and now with the BCH price rise it's now 98% meaning BCH is more profitable by 2%

Uhm, no.  It means just what it says.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine Bitcoin.

I must be understanding it differently from you but it BTC is more profitable it's only just

Can someone else give an option lol if I'm wrong I'll hang my head in shame

Not only just... 98% MORE... basically means you will make (almost) 2x (TWICE) as much mining on the original chain.

If you mine 1 BCH for the same hash you will mine 1.98 BTC.

More profitable is what is says.

EDIT: That's wrong actually... profit is based on coins USD price as well as difficulty, not how many you mine.

At least, I assume that is how they are calculating this.

Yes it's the dollar value and BCH is about 11% of BTC and difficulty is about 17% lower

I read it as 100% means equal > 100 BTC more and <100 BCH is more

Just ran the numbers through a calculator and it appears I could have been wrong 100% is twice as profitable so it's slightly less than twice as profitable on Bitcoin BTC  Grin

I'll show myself out the door  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Is there any risk for my BTC private key if I import it into Electron cash wallet to get my BCH !?
Thx

You can use Coinomi wallet in your android phone as they are supporting it perfectly. You can use any private keys of any wallet to claim your BCC and then to keep them in new wallet or transfer at any exchange it is all safe. This is what i did and went all flawlessly for me.

Yes, recommended. I now use Coinomi instead of Mycelium (bitcoin) and Jaxx (eth) and have everything in Coinomi, including the Bitcoin Cash. Make sure to use the advanced option to set the BCH wall derivation path correctly as they specify in their docs.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Is there any risk for my BTC private key if I import it into Electron cash wallet to get my BCH !?
Thx

You can use Coinomi wallet in your android phone as they are supporting it perfectly. You can use any private keys of any wallet to claim your BCC and then to keep them in new wallet or transfer at any exchange it is all safe. This is what i did and went all flawlessly for me.

Right this second according to coin dance bitcoin cash is actually more profitable to mine  Shocked

I think you may be reading that wrong.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine the main chain.

I know is was 200+ more profitable before then after the disiculty changed it went to around 160% and now with the BCH price rise it's now 98% meaning BCH is more profitable by 2%

Uhm, no.  It means just what it says.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine Bitcoin.

I must be understanding it differently from you but it BTC is more profitable it's only just

Not only just... 98% MORE... basically means you will make (almost) 2x (TWICE) as much mining on the original chain.

EDIT: That's wrong actually... profit is based on coins USD price as well as difficulty, not how many you mine.

Yes it's the dollar value and BCH is about 11% of BTC and difficulty is about 17% lower

I read it as 100% means equal > 100 BTC more and <100 BCH is more
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Yes its still more profitable to mine BTC but the difference is now not as big as it was before.
Projected diff adjustment:
http://bch.xbt.it/?interval=120

09 Aug 2017 07:41:47  difficulty relative to current 13.42%
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

What you're missing is the more in "more profitable".

If it is 98% more profitable to mine BTC, it means the profitability of BTC vs BCash is 198% (or the inverse, BCash has 51% the profitability of BTC)

Right this second according to coin dance bitcoin cash is actually more profitable to mine  Shocked

I think you may be reading that wrong.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine the main chain.

Uhm, no.  It means just what it says.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077

Right this second according to coin dance bitcoin cash is actually more profitable to mine  Shocked

I think you may be reading that wrong.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine the main chain.

Uhm, no.  It means just what it says.  It is still 98% more profitable to mine Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077

Maybe you are reading that wrong?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I am mining Bitcoin Cash because I have Fear of Missing Out.  While everybody is selling ... I know it's not a popular idea, but this thing may work out.  Remember, very few people know about bitcoin.  We saw slight interest in Bitcoin - for the first time - from some institutions and the backlog created $100 tx fees.  The next time this happens, people may want to use this upgraded version.  The fact that everybody is running away makes me think perhaps it was irrational fear.

One thing is for sure.  This is going to really compress the timelines to make Segregated Witness and mesh networking fully functional.  But what happens if all the mining power leaves once the fees go to "brokerage channels"?  Bitcoin SW could experience very long block times ...

It's speculation, but I think this may be on to something over the next couple years.  I HODL'd all of my virgin BCH and am putting a little hash power to ViaBTC both as a hedge and because I am tired of this "unknown" entity mining all of the blocks.

Agree its not wise to completely ignore BCH. Before you could just buy (or mine) Bitcoin, put it away and look in a few years time and be happy Cheesy
And everything else except maybe Ethereum was alt coins that present opportunities but also require time to invest to find best investment options. And Bitcoin was just like a safe heaven. Not anymore, it seems. Times have changed, hedge maybe needed.
And whats stopping miners from mining BCH if for some reason(s) it becomes more profitable to do so? Currently its 98 percent more profitable to mine BTC, but its not like its 980 percent difference https://cash.coin.dance/blocks
Especially when BCH is so similar to BTC and its so easy to switch..
I am mining Bitcoin Cash because I have Fear of Missing Out.  While everybody is selling ... I know it's not a popular idea, but this thing may work out.  Remember, very few people know about bitcoin.  We saw slight interest in Bitcoin - for the first time - from some institutions and the backlog created $100 tx fees.  The next time this happens, people may want to use this upgraded version.  The fact that everybody is running away makes me think perhaps it was irrational fear.

One thing is for sure.  This is going to really compress the timelines to make Segregated Witness and mesh networking fully functional.  But what happens if all the mining power leaves once the fees go to "brokerage channels"?  Bitcoin SW could experience very long block times ...

It's speculation, but I think this may be on to something over the next couple years.  I HODL'd all of my virgin BCH and am putting a little hash power to ViaBTC both as a hedge and because I am tired of this "unknown" entity mining all of the blocks.

Also that unknown pool is most certainly antpool bitmain expressed huge support for this but nowhere to bee seen but their share on the original chain has dropped so put 2 n 2 together
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Thx
Activity: 315
Merit: 120
I am mining Bitcoin Cash because I have Fear of Missing Out.  While everybody is selling ... I know it's not a popular idea, but this thing may work out.  Remember, very few people know about bitcoin.  We saw slight interest in Bitcoin - for the first time - from some institutions and the backlog created $100 tx fees.  The next time this happens, people may want to use this upgraded version.  The fact that everybody is running away makes me think perhaps it was irrational fear.

One thing is for sure.  This is going to really compress the timelines to make Segregated Witness and mesh networking fully functional.  But what happens if all the mining power leaves once the fees go to "brokerage channels"?  Bitcoin SW could experience very long block times ...

It's speculation, but I think this may be on to something over the next couple years.  I HODL'd all of my virgin BCH and am putting a little hash power to ViaBTC both as a hedge and because I am tired of this "unknown" entity mining all of the blocks.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Warning: This is NOT Bcash, if you are searching for Bcash, look here:
https://medium.com/@freetrade68/announcing-bcash-8b938329eaeb
https://github.com/bcashreal/bcash

Clever - looks like an ANN to shut down Kore's attempt to rebrand and smudge Bitcoin Cash with the Bcash name and Reddit.

Of course, some enterprising Bitcoin Cash fans created: https://www.reddit.com/r/BCore/

I've been on there laughing all day. People installing Blockstream code on a 640K computer with a tape drive and using an Abacus to mine for BTC LOL. "Tips on intimidating people into your perspective" harhar.

Jump to: