Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 810. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

I already have 1 confirmation, so I can't reverse the transaction. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge farm of ASICS that would be required to do a double spend. (Even if I did, I'm not sure I could still pull it off. Is there a step by step guide on how to do a 51% attack?  Cheesy)

You could probably do it on a intel pentium 4 the hashing power is that low  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Oops, I should have checked that Bittrex requires 20 confirmation before sending. Guess I'll hurry up and wait. I was so excited that the Trezor claiming was back up that I just picked the first exchange on my Password Manager that would accept deposits. My bad. Come on WU, point all of your spare hash at this coin. It's your spawn, after all. Grin

Yea theres a reason HitBTC is cheap only need 2 confirmations so quick dump there will be loads that should be confirmed soon then price will probably be real cheap

I already have 1 confirmation, so I can't reverse the transaction. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge farm of ASICS that would be required to do a double spend. (Even if I did, I'm not sure I could still pull it off. Is there a step by step guide on how to do a 51% attack?  Cheesy)
Oops, I should have checked that Bittrex requires 20 confirmation before sending. Guess I'll hurry up and wait. I was so excited that the Trezor claiming was back up that I just picked the first exchange on my Password Manager that would accept deposits. My bad. Come on WU, point all of your spare hash at this coin. It's your spawn, after all. Grin

Yea theres a reason HitBTC is cheap only need 2 confirmations so quick dump there will be loads that should be confirmed soon then price will probably be real cheap
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

There are still 1000s of people waiting for enough confirmations to dump then yes it will explode like a bomb destroying all value

Hope my 1.8 BCH is still worth more than 50000 BTC sats order minimum when my confirmations clear at Bittrex, otherwise, I guess that I'll HODL.
Network moves slowly, but mooves! Coin is not dead. When difficulty adjusting normalize block movement - then BCH must explode!

There are still 1000s of people waiting for enough confirmations to dump then yes it will explode like a bomb destroying all value
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Network moves slowly, but moves! Coin is not dead. When difficulty adjusting normalize block movement - then BCH must explode!
Activity: 504
Merit: 101

The emergence of competitive currency will not bring a crisis to the BTC, I think it will further touch the development of the chain chain world, I hope BCC better and better!

The price of BTC is not influence much either at the time of the fork, staying around $2700!

I would think if more people knew about this then they would of been using electron cash wallet to do all of their sends before the fork happened.

I didn't know about the multiple of 2 on your btc you sent using the wallet and I am positive most were not aware of this would occur after the fork completed.

You cannot send BCH before the fork
Activity: 220
Merit: 100

The emergence of competitive currency will not bring a crisis to the BTC, I think it will further touch the development of the chain chain world, I hope BCC better and better!
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

Tecmobile/ECB - thanks for the quick replies, I guess this means if I have unspent output X on main BTC branch, and I create transaction Y (BCC) using output x and also another transaction Z (BTC) using also unspent X, that I have effectively spent output x on both branches?

If you use something like the blockchain wallet you will send BTC but if you used electron cash for example you will send BCH

If you had 1 BTC before the fork and use electron cash to send 0.5 you will now have 1BTC and 0.5 BCH
If you had 1 BTC before the fork and use blockchain wallet to send 0.5 you will have 0.5BTC and 1BCH
I would think if more people knew about this then they would of been using electron cash wallet to do all of their sends before the fork happened.

I didn't know about the multiple of 2 on your btc you sent using the wallet and I am positive most were not aware of this would occur after the fork completed.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
@tecmobile - thanks
I've heard a rumour the bitcoin cash needed 10 confirmation, and does the confirmation can come up to second confirmation in a day?

Bittrex need 20 confirmations HitBTC need 1 its up to who is receiving

No, you are a bit confused, on hitbtc you need 2 confirmations.
It's stated on their main page too.

Whoops lol wrong key
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
I've heard a rumour the bitcoin cash needed 10 confirmation, and does the confirmation can come up to second confirmation in a day?

No, you are a bit confused, on hitbtc you need 2 confirmations.
It's stated on their main page too.

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Tecmobile/ECB - thanks for the quick replies, I guess this means if I have unspent output X on main BTC branch, and I create transaction Y (BCC) using output x and also another transaction Z (BTC) using also unspent X, that I have effectively spent output x on both branches?

If you use something like the blockchain wallet you will send BTC but if you used electron cash for example you will send BCH

If you had 1 BTC before the fork and use electron cash to send 0.5 you will now have 1BTC and 0.5 BCH
If you had 1 BTC before the fork and use blockchain wallet to send 0.5 you will have 0.5BTC and 1BCH

Can someone not create 2 separate transactions, one from electron cash and one from blockchain wallet, that use the same unspent output (UXO),therefore kind of double spending the unspent output.  Seems to me this is perfectly possible, and that both the BCC network and the BTC network will consider the transaction as valid.

The 2 chains cannot see what happens on the other after the fork meaning everything is separate but before then yes they are spending the same unspent outputs thats where the 2 coins come from

Can someone not create 2 separate transactions, one from electron cash and one from blockchain wallet, that use the same unspent output (UXO),therefore kind of double spending the unspent output.  Seems to me this is perfectly possible, and that both the BCC network and the BTC network will consider the transaction as valid.

People talking about doomed dump. Still price got from 0.155 to 0.17 till now. What a dump.

Thing is bittrex etc are requiring 20 confirmations due to the limited mining support so its gonna take a day or 2 of these speedy transactions to get there
Hi there, so I'm still wondering, is there any difference between a bitcoin cash transaction and a usual BTC transaction?  Is it just the difference between my transaction being placed in a BTC (<= 1 MB transaction) on main chain or as a transaction in a new Bitcoin Cash block. 

So if I have a transaction, as a user, is it just luck as to whether my transaction ends up in the BTC or the BCC chain? 

Thanks.

absolutely not. they're completely separate chains now. if you're using a bcash wallet connected to the bcash network that's where it stays.

Jump to: