Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 809. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
No, it will remain stuck in the latest BTC block. You will have to reindex the blockchain, which is more or less the same as downloading it from scratch.

Thanks! I'll use an older blockchain and stop the sync before it hits the fork, then make the copy. I just didn't want to have to stay up tonight watching the sync so I can stop it.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
wow
just got email from Coinbase
they will be supporting bitcoin cash!!
game changer ya think?

Since poloniex is also going to credit their users I think it's a game changer in that more people will have coins to dump. If they had decided not to credit their customers it would have been the equivalent of a reduction in supply.
Activity: 448
bcc or bch? which one? blockchain always stucks. its not stable coin. i didnt invest bitcoin cash and i wont invest it. good luck to you.
Activity: 137
If you copy the current bitcoind (Linux) blockchain and use it with the BCC bitcoind, will it automatically go back and resync all the blocks starting at the fork?
No, it will remain stuck in the latest BTC block. You will have to reindex the blockchain, which is more or less the same as downloading it from scratch.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
wow
just got email from Coinbase
they will be supporting bitcoin cash!!
game changer ya think?
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Looks like Bittrex getting more coins on the sell side now, and the price going down gradually. 
I guess the first group of depositor getting their 20 confirmations and coins arrived.

I dont think so, it has only been 12 blocks or so since they allowed deposits. I guess maybe if some people got advanced warning....maybe coins could be showing up for them  Wink
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Mining BCC is more difficlut Than BTC,so the price should as high as BTC,but why it's price just about 1/10  btc?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Hi BCC community! Do you know, when will poloniex pay BCCs? There is not any announcement from poloniex? any info? thanks

14th

read website!

Great news for anyone with btc on polo, and thats millions of dollars worth.  
It is worth noting that the balances may becomes available at an earlier date but the 14th is the latest.  
Activity: 184
Looks like Bittrex getting more coins on the sell side now, and the price going down gradually. 
I guess the first group of depositor getting their 20 confirmations and coins arrived.
Activity: 170
If you copy the current bitcoind (Linux) blockchain and use it with the BCC bitcoind, will it automatically go back and resync all the blocks starting at the fork?
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Hi BCC community! Do you know, when will poloniex pay BCCs? There is not any announcement from poloniex? any info? thanks

14th

read website!
Activity: 162

Long time ago I made a ticket for the missing Zcash deposit from pool (1 zec is big amount of money for me!) and it's still unanswered.
They can't handle current support tickets. Maybe after some time they can add BCH, but I'm not sure.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
Any crazy whales wana pump this bch with me tonight lol
Activity: 288
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Ten blocks in seven hours... Not so bad. Price slowly rising, i think it is a second bitcoin. Happy birthday for new king of crypto!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

I already have 1 confirmation, so I can't reverse the transaction. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge farm of ASICS that would be required to do a double spend. (Even if I did, I'm not sure I could still pull it off. Is there a step by step guide on how to do a 51% attack?  Cheesy)

You could probably do it on a intel pentium 4 the hashing power is that low  Grin

Wow, I could really do a good job with my I5-3450 and AMD 7570.  Cheesy Kiss
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin fork, being trading at around $500, yet no major business/merchants accepting it yet! Unbelievable! 
wry
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
Network moves slowly, but mooves! Coin is not dead. When difficulty adjusting normalize block movement - then BCH must explode!

There are still 1000s of people waiting for enough confirmations to dump then yes it will explode like a bomb destroying all value

I thought the coin would drop quickly too and still plan to sell some, but it's been kind of nice not having to worry about if the fee I used was big enough and knowing that my TX would be in the next block.  Obviously, there was a huge gap in blocks today, and not sure I like more centralization, but this does not feel like a total shitcoin to me.

I fully expect price to drop rapidly on Bittrex once the tidal wave of coins heading there get their 20 confirmations, but if in a few months BTC has issues, maybe some places will start accepting Bitcoincash as well. 
Activity: 346
Merit: 144
THE WORST EVER
51% attacks are for pussies!!!!

You should split the chain and sell your new coins @0.5 BTC before find the first block!!!

Grin  Grin Grin Grin   Grin Cheesy Grin Grin
Jump to: