Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 927. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 13
I'm glad this is happening. I don't agree with either "side" in this whole debacle, but I'm still glad that a chain split is happening as it gives some protection against a segwit fuckup.
Activity: 670
Merit: 120
TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!
I am looking for the investment. any idea?

Yes. Stay away from ICO's run by Ambisafe, especially the IMMLA one you keep posting in.

Shill.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
You can consider this as a big airdrop.

really where do i sign up?   Cool  lmao
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
I've never seen so many legendaries group together to pump an alt coin.

Battle of the ancients. I'm going to sit back and eat muh popcorn.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Is it ok to keep bitcoin in mycelium wallet. Will I able to get Bitcoin Cash from that wallet.
Yes, you can export the private keys with this tool https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
And import them in a compatible Bitcoin Cash wallet.

Thanks, I was not sure because I tried to read in mycelium subforum nothing wrote about this.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Is it ok to keep bitcoin in mycelium wallet. Will I able to get Bitcoin Cash from that wallet.
Yes, you can export the private keys with this tool https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
And import them in a compatible Bitcoin Cash wallet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Most other coins I've used that forked, you only had to download the blockchain from the point of split. you didn't have to do a full sync, the drawback was you couldn't use the old tokens in the new wallet. the drawback with bitcoin ABC is the entire bitcoin blockchain is a beast. 99 gigs. it's a monster and takes several days to sync a wallet.

Yes, many altcoin developers have taken some old version of Bitcoin Core as a starting point for their own projects.  They've forked this codebase but have not forked Bitcoin's blockchain.

Bitcoin's blockchain is currently 477175 blocks long and 123.4 GB in size:
Code:
user@host:~$ du -c .bitcoin/blocks/blk*
123414136 total

Notice that with full, 8MB blocks, BitcoinCash's blockchain would grow this much by mid-November.  I don't expect BitcoinCash's blocks will be anywhere near full but I think this observation highlights the BitcoinCash philosophy.  Long term, the initial 123.4 GB is but a drop in the bucket.

the problem isn't so much downloading them, the problem is the wallet is slower than shit syncing them. there has to be a better way. 7.34% after 21 hours is just well.... pathetic. what'll kill your wallet sir, is after 6 months it'll take a year to sync the damn thing. you guys haven't addressed that problem and made speed syncing possible.
staff
I really don't see any pros with bitcoin cash until they add a fix for malleability which I doubt they will do as jihan opposes it.
From what I'm reading on the slack channel, malleability fix will come with the next hard fork upgrade.
staff
So if I borrow BTC on Poloniex and Bitfinex during Aug 1st, I get free leveraged BCC ? Just like the ETH/ETC process?
Probably not. It's better if you send them to a wallet where you fully control the private keys.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
So if I borrow BTC on Poloniex and Bitfinex during Aug 1st, I get free leveraged BCC ? Just like the ETH/ETC process?
Activity: 124
Merit: 12
I am looking for the investment. any idea?
Activity: 98
Have you ever seen The Simpsons??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYlPVn9UDs

You're welcome
Evolve people...
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
I don't think BCC will even exist, there isn't going to be enough mining power for it to work and even if it did people will dump it to hell.

One thing is certain both miners and users have now chosen segwit.

If VIABTC started trading on BCC, it means it will 100% comes so no need to create negativity.
Activity: 107
I've got amazing powers of observation
is this really a fork or it is just another altcoin?
can anyone here point out where to see the mining hash that support for this fork?

Read here: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/07/23/btc-top-will-mine-bitcoin-cash-based-price

so,if the price of Bitcoin benefit more they will mine Bitcoin,if the price of bitcoincash benefit more then they will mine bitcoincash....wtf..a snake with double heads?

Miners are mining for business and they make business decisions, they will mine whatever is more profitable, or both if the sum makes more money than mining one side.
Activity: 98
I don't think BCC will even exist, there isn't going to be enough mining power for it to work and even if it did people will dump it to hell.

One thing is certain both miners and users have now chosen segwit.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 501
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
I will get some coins from my btc and will gladly dump that shit for 10 cents. Everyone here is here because of the BTC!
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
At last Jihan coin, Roger Ver & r/BTC freaks can have it  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
there won't be enough demand for that many transactions for a long, long time so it's possible enough people might be enticed to join the chain and then realise this when it's too late.

Good point, we really don't know how quickly 8MB will get full. My guess is very quickly due to the fact that mining will be far more centralized with this chain so it will be easier for Bitmain to spam the blocks and fee snipe. Their capacity roadmap has a very aggressive position on HF larger blocks quickly so I expect them to do this. Additionally, miners and the users will want to create the appearance of popularity so they will insure to fill up the blocks with spam .
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Nope. Bitcoin nodes must work in byzantine environments -

https://iancoleman.github.io/blocksize/#block-size=8

Down: 0.447
Up:    3.132

This will be too much for many regions around the world.

Additionally, 8MB blocks are going to need a ton of RAM for that UTXO set . 4MB of Ram isn't going to cut it

Additionally, mining centralization will be far worse due to block propagation latency.

there won't be enough demand for that many transactions for a long, long time so it's possible enough people might be enticed to join the chain and then realise this when it's too late.
Jump to: