Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 926. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Any idea about the roadmap of Bitcoin Cash? When do they plan to upgrade to Segwit?

Or do they have any other magical solution to enable LN for instant transactions?

I imagine they'll adopt flexible transactions.  This transaction type exists in Bitcoin Classic (usable only on testnet at present) and is on Bitcoin Unlimited's roadmap.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
@jc12345
Better now then later Wink
Are you saying that it just need to release forks to kill ""Bitcoin""?
Maybe you should sell your bitcoin just now.
Maybe all the next altcoins will be 1:1 forks of Bitcoin Wink
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
nice work, unfortunately it is doomed to DOA Sad. reason : Waaaay to slow retarget. initial dump , huge hash power swich + auto swiching pools + hashpower renting = infinite years waiting for retarget. why do You try to reinvent the wheel? simply use every-block,exponentialy-weighted moving-average and it will work. or at least something simmiliar used in tens of altcoins. that can work below 1% of global sha256 hashpower .what is here proposed will die very quickly, instantenously to be precise.    

You commented without reading the whitepaper though. The retarget is addressed, so this is not an issue. Second, there are already futures markets trading this coin and so it will have value. As it has value, it will have hashrate. Also, replay protection has been added. It will definitely not "die instantaneously".

But it remains an alt-coin and many alt-coins are listed on exchanges as well. Any hashrate taken away from Bitcoin will damage it and the whole ecosystem. If everyone just carries on with the chain as is the blocksize issue will be addressed through the normal course of business. Why risk it all?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
as far as I know, viabtc Yang Qishi did not much stock, similar to the workers, being to it, we are all adults, all know who is behind, who who back the pot, not quite! bitman wujihan is the bcc boss ,he want bitcoin to be wujicoin

In essence then if this guy is behind BCC then supporting it would be to "give away" the ideals to one guy.

Interesting that BCC is posted in the alt-coin section. That already says a lot. There have been thousand attempts to create alt-coins to Bitcoin, each one with a promise to be the "de facto" Bitcoin if adopted. The principle objective and approach of alt-coins should not be to take on BTC directly, but to provide some kind of a niche in a certain field. Taking on BTC should be secondary or a bonus should any mainstream adoption occur.

Splitting the hash power of PoW can cause more harm than not but in the end miners have to follow the direction that will ensure their own survival and income model. It is like two cars racing at each other head-on. They could be hard headed and crash and maybe one or both survive, maybe the airbags deploy or maybe they both die. Or one could give way and keep the ecosystem intact.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
as far as I know, viabtc Yang Qishi did not much stock, similar to the workers, being to it, we are all adults, all know who is behind, who who back the pot, not quite! bitman wujihan is the bcc boss ,he want bitcoin to be wujicoin
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
nice work, unfortunately it is doomed to DOA Sad. reason : Waaaay to slow retarget. initial dump , huge hash power swich + auto swiching pools + hashpower renting = infinite years waiting for retarget. why do You try to reinvent the wheel? simply use every-block,exponentialy-weighted moving-average and it will work. or at least something simmiliar used in tens of altcoins. that can work below 1% of global sha256 hashpower .what is here proposed will die very quickly, instantenously to be precise.   
staff
This will be a block explorer for Bitcoin Cash: http://blockdozer.com/insight
Currently it is on testnet.

Would I get the coins, if I have my bitcoin on Jaxx wallet ?
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
Activity: 2
Would I get the coins, if I have my bitcoin on Jaxx wallet ?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
But.... but... Will I have to wait 10 minutes for first confirmation when I buy my coffee with my Bitcoin Cash?!?!?!

Much worse than this , as the 10 minutes is merely the average. You could be waiting hours for the first confirmation , even if the blocks are near empty.

Everything that does Segwit can be done as also hard fork, as the malleability fix.

Even if they do manage to fix all the problems with flex trans and HF in this change , I don't see this happening anytime soon and if it does happen in 6 months I guarantee there is going to be some severe bugs

By than bitcoin BTC will be using LN for months with more competent devs supporting it
staff
If I have my Bitcoins on coinomi would I be able to get these coins or should I just put them on my personal computer with the full node wallet?? I don't want to miss out on this....
Yes, by using this.
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

You will be able to extract the private keys and importing them on a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet.

Any idea about the roadmap of Bitcoin Cash? When do they plan to upgrade to Segwit?
Everything that does Segwit can be done as also hard fork, as the malleability fix.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

Probably. Not sure if they are going to change the target time. Also, forget about lightning network here. The goal is to come up with an on-chain solution to scaling.

So it basically create more problems than it solves. In fact I don't see what does it solve.

Well, thanks for the free money though.

You never know. Sometimes the long shot wins the race. You know, like the tortoise and the hare fable. And since the coins will basically be free, the odds are already in your favor.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464
Self made HODLER ✓

Never. ASICBOOST optimization doesn't work with that.

But.... but... Will I have to wait 10 minutes for first confirmation when I buy my coffee with my Bitcoin Cash?!?!?!

Probably. Not sure if they are going to change the target time. Also, forget about lightning network here. The goal is to come up with an on-chain solution to scaling.

So it basically create more problems than it solves. In fact I don't see what does it solve.

Well, thanks for the free money though.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
If I have my Bitcoins on coinomi would I be able to get these coins or should I just put them on my personal computer with the full node wallet?? I don't want to miss out on this....
legendary

legendary
Self made HODLER ✓

legendary

legendary
Self made HODLER ✓

Or do they have any other magical solution to enable LN for instant transactions?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Can't wait to sell this jihad crap for bitcoins  Cheesy
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I've got amazing powers of observation
So if I borrow BTC on Poloniex and Bitfinex during Aug 1st, I get free leveraged BCC ? Just like the ETH/ETC process?

You like to live dangerously eh?   Cheesy
Activity: 2
Is it ok to keep bitcoin in mycelium wallet. Will I able to get Bitcoin Cash from that wallet.
Yes, you can export the private keys with this tool https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
And import them in a compatible Bitcoin Cash wallet.

So if I keep my bitcoin in the mycelium wallet till aug 1, I will get bitcoin cash ? and I can claim it, when I import the decrypted private keys to a bitcoin cash compatible wallet? Is that right? Thanks
Jump to: