Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 7. (Read 75305 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 500
For a store that claims to have more than 500,000 consumer electronics, I would have expected more selection in TVs. There are over 200 projectors for sale, but less than 70 televisions.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Is the zendesk support system supposed to use the same login/pass as the main website?

I've been having trouble viewing my ticket - and password resetting doesn't work.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I searched for toasters, and none of the results have images. Most of the results don't list the brand and have very limited descriptions. Not many people are going to buy something that doesn't have any photo or description.

It would actually be really nice if there were a link to the same item on Amazon.com. That way I could read full reviews, see full descriptions, etc. I would still buy the item on BitcoinStore, even if Amazon were cheaper in a specific case.

I'm trying to start buying with Bitcoins whenever possible, so thanks for your work and I hope you meet your quota!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
We need to support these guys while they work on their site. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sure, but they could also drive their traffic by offering their products via bitmit that most likely has more customers already than bitcoinstore.

How are they supposed to fix the problems with their site if they are busy adding 500,000 listings to Bitmit? Who is going to handle the checkout process? And who is going to pay Bitmit's fees?

If you know people shopping on Bitmit that aren't aware of the BitcoinStore - maybe refer them. I don't think what you're suggesting is remotely feasible.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
We need to support these guys while they work on their site. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sure, but they could also drive their traffic by offering their products via bitmit that most likely has more customers already than bitcoinstore.
I'm sure they will improve the site as fast as possible. Please don't give up - if there's something on another site, post a link, ask for help.

This store is a huge step towards not having to cash out into fiat. Let's support it as strongly as possible!

Well, the store in itself is no huge forward as it doesn't work. Maybe they should sell their stuff via Bitmit. Although Bitmit is all but transparent, the shopping experience is quite good atm.
Worked for me. One successful order down, will place another one tonight.

It may not be perfect, but having this huge selection available is great for us. A friend of mine saw my shirt today and said (rather arrogantly, I thought) "I looked into Bitcoin, but I don't think it will work out. You can't buy anything with it."

Last year I would have had to say "Of course you can, drugs, online poker chips, and vpn services!" Today I said "Good sir, you can buy hundreds of thousands of consumer electronics, computers/components, etc. Kindly check yourself."

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I'm sure they will improve the site as fast as possible. Please don't give up - if there's something on another site, post a link, ask for help.

This store is a huge step towards not having to cash out into fiat. Let's support it as strongly as possible!

Well, the store in itself is no huge forward as it doesn't work. Maybe they should sell their stuff via Bitmit. Although Bitmit is all but transparent, the shopping experience is quite good atm.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
if there's something on another site, post a link, ask for help.

Here's what I want to buy with bitcoins: http://www.google.com/nexus/10/ AKA https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_32gb

I'll concur that I am unable to find this product in there.  I'm guessing it's not available through bitcoinstore.com yet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nexus+10

Looks like it's on Amazon.

However, I did not find it on newegg, so I don't know what all that means, but hopefully it's helpful!
Activity: 382
Merit: 253

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I can drill down through the links on Newegg to get a list of all internal SATA 3.5" form factor 7200 RPM hard drives with a capacity of 2 TB.

With Bitcoinstore I'm limited to keyword searches or manually browsing through all 647 "Storage drives" to pick out the ones I want to compare.
That!
Prevented me from buying a flash drive, in any case.
I gave up on buying something as well due to crappy search functionality. I mean I entered some term, which I forget now as it was a month ago, and it gave me a list 10 pages long, and after paging through to page 4 or 5, I still hadn't found anything related to what I wanted.

I don't know what the search engine is based on but here's a hint - it doesn't work.

Oh, I think I entered "sony battery charger". First 4 pages didn't even have any battery charger, nor batteries even. It had totally unrelated stuff.
The site doesn't seem to be updating the price for the last 2 hours or so. Stuck at 40.03.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I can't wait to buy my first lappy paid entirely with Bitcoin from here!
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I can drill down through the links on Newegg to get a list of all internal SATA 3.5" form factor 7200 RPM hard drives with a capacity of 2 TB.

With Bitcoinstore I'm limited to keyword searches or manually browsing through all 647 "Storage drives" to pick out the ones I want to compare.
That!
Prevented me from buying a flash drive, in any case.
There is no "man in the middle attack"
We are waiting for a new SSL certificate and the error will go away.

Admin at the site should be on this immediately, getting a certificate should be solved very quickly.

Edit, should this thread not also be closed, and point to the new thread?
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia

That!
Activity: 56
Do you plan to give a wholesale price for bulk orders? I would be very interested in that.

Everything is at a wholesale price for any level of order.

Cheers,
-Jon
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Do you plan to give a wholesale price for bulk orders? I would be very interested in that.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Is this already the new webpage that you were promising? Cause the search algo still sucks..

We're still tweaking the search algorithm. Can you tell me the search term you used and what the results were?

Thanks,
-Jon

"micro sd" and got 337 hits but this is better from what I remember when I bought the micro sd almost 2 months ago, back then I got like 1600 hits.
Activity: 56
Is this already the new webpage that you were promising? Cause the search algo still sucks..

We're still tweaking the search algorithm. Can you tell me the search term you used and what the results were?

Thanks,
-Jon
Pages:
Jump to: