Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 8. (Read 75302 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Is this already the new webpage that you were promising? Cause the search algo still sucks..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
What are average shipping times for US customers? Are your items being dropshipped from somewhere? Is there a way to get overnight shipping? I can't find this info on your page. I want very much to support you guys, but on some purchases I can't risk not getting my order in 1-2 days. Thanks!

Hello,

Shipping is pretty fast. Packages are shipped from different warehouses around the U.S. Depending on the size of your order we might be able to provide something.  Delivery time should be around 2-3 days.

Thanks,
-Jon
Activity: 868
What are average shipping times for US customers? Are your items being dropshipped from somewhere? Is there a way to get overnight shipping? I can't find this info on your page. I want very much to support you guys, but on some purchases I can't risk not getting my order in 1-2 days. Thanks!

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
Just wondering how this is going overall and whether you're on target to meet the turnover you mentioned you needed to remain viable. This is one of the biggest experiments out there and it would be interesting to know how it's faring.

Things are moving MUCH slower than required.
I need to hire an experienced project manager.
If someone is interested,  please contact me.
vip
The security error above is a real worry to me too. It seems to be similar to the one that the Avalon website had.    As I haven't seen any public statements about this - I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of man-in-the-middle attack on Bitcoin-related websites.

Also.. I've been unable to login since the site update - and I have not received any shipping info for an order placed over 10 days ago.
I know it's a beta site - but this is almost enough to scare me back to using 'good-old' reversible credit card merchants Sad

There is no "man in the middle attack"
We are waiting for a new SSL certificate and the error will go away.

Julz,  send me your order number and I can look into it for you.
All orders are processed the same day and usually ship the very next day.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
The security error above is a real worry to me too. It seems to be similar to the one that the Avalon website had.    As I haven't seen any public statements about this - I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of man-in-the-middle attack on Bitcoin-related websites.

Also.. I've been unable to login since the site update - and I have not received any shipping info for an order placed over 10 days ago.
I know it's a beta site - but this is almost enough to scare me back to using 'good-old' reversible credit card merchants Sad

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just wondering how this is going overall and whether you're on target to meet the turnover you mentioned you needed to remain viable. This is one of the biggest experiments out there and it would be interesting to know how it's faring.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
hey, might want to check into this!

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
this 55-inch Philips TV in the new BitPay office was bought with bitcoins from BitcoinStore!

Activity: 536
Merit: 500
Hi. I am unable to complete an order due to a bug. I sent a support email yesterday, if you could check it out that would be great.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Admin at blockbet.net
Cool site, but there's room for improvement. Here are a couple of tips that should be easy to fix.

1) If you do international shipping, you need to mention it somewhere (preferably on the front page). I didn't find that info anywhere, so I assumed it was US only before reading this thread.

2) What's the logic behind the left menu bar? I recommend either put it in alphabetical order or based on popularity. Right now you have "miscellaneous" on top, and I doubt that shaver accessories are your top products. Consumer electronics should probably be a lot higher on the list.

3) "Privacy Policy" is listed twice at the bottom, not very professional... Did you not notice that?

Keep up the good work, I might buy something later if the shipping prices are reasonable.

[edit] You'll want to clean up your Privacy Policy page too. Have a look at it and you'll see what I mean.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
The site looks great, but it desperately needs better navigation.

I can drill down through the links on Newegg to get a list of all internal SATA 3.5" form factor 7200 RPM hard drives with a capacity of 2 TB.

With Bitcoinstore I'm limited to keyword searches or manually browsing through all 647 "Storage drives" to pick out the ones I want to compare.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
would it be illegal or anything if you copied neweggs layout somewhat?

When I click on cpu's nothing happens except the page refreshes....
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I did notice that there was delivery to armed forces in different parts of the world but was wondering if that meant it sends to APO addresses.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Curious why is this thread still in the bitcoin discussion thread?

Shouldn't it be moved to the Marketplace? Or service discussion?

Because being able to buy 500k+ items with bitcoins is a very significant development for Bitcoin.

LOL right...so then every other development for bitcoin should be listed here. Your logic makes no sense. Where is the cut off for being a "significant" development as opposed to an insignificant one?

Not every development sits on the board of the bitcoin foundation  Wink
legendary
Did you also fix the search algo? That was the other really big issue with your store for me..

This will be fixed as well.
Several people are working on improvements full time.

Great to hear, keep it up!
vip
Did you also fix the search algo? That was the other really big issue with your store for me..

This will be fixed as well.
Several people are working on improvements full time.
legendary
vip
I'm currently seeing a 17%+ excess cost due to BTC exchange rates.

Is this normal?
The price seems to be using around $20.5  instead of somewhere near $24

The current site will give you the correct price at checkout.
The new site will display everything in real time so there isn't any more confusion.

Here is a screen shot of the new site that will be pushed to the live server soon:

The MTGOX price is the most recent trade.
The Bitcoinstore price is the highest bid on MTGOX.
Pages:
Jump to: