Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 5. (Read 75305 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
i checket bitcoinstore e few days ago and it said 36% of the 850,000$ goal achieved now it's only 29% or 255,000 compared to the more than 310,000$ a couple days ago. how did that happen? mysterious chargebacks? Wink
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Will you stock laptops with Haswell CPU's when they are released in June? I am in the market for a new PC but I want to wait for Haswell.

Yes,  these will be carried as soon as they are released.

I went in search of SSDs on bitcoinstore.com, and they're almost all out of stock. Why?
Most of them are actually in stock,  but we are still working on improving the import script.
Feel free to contact us if there is a specific model that you need.

They dont know how to filter results on this site? Bitpay is never working on checkout (even now I just checked), so you cant even pay if you wanted to either. I received an email saying oh hey remember that free shipping it listed on that item and on checkout and on the site everywhere? Yeah no, you need to pay another 100$ or cancel the order.

We are working on better filtering.
Bitpay seems to be working fine and we get dozens of orders per day with it.
If you are having a problem,  please let us know the exact details so we can fix it.
There is free shipping on everything except extra large or heavy items that can't be shipped via normal carriers.  (Like 50+ inch TVs)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
They dont know how to filter results on this site? Bitpay is never working on checkout (even now I just checked), so you cant even pay if you wanted to either. I received an email saying oh hey remember that free shipping it listed on that item and on checkout and on the site everywhere? Yeah no, you need to pay another 100$ or cancel the order.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
I went in search of SSDs on bitcoinstore.com, and they're almost all out of stock. Why?
Activity: 536
Will you stock laptops with Haswell CPU's when they are released in June? I am in the market for a new PC but I want to wait for Haswell.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
It's up for me, though it took a while to load.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
The site has been down for a while now.  Any one know the cause for this?
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

DOOOOOOD!!!

I've been sending emails and posting on your facebook page regarding the purchase of a laptop!!

Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 33722BU 11.6" Notebook - AMD - E-Series E-300 1.3GHz - Black

I attempted to buy this (when BTCBTC was double the value it is now  Cry) and it said
* This product is not available in the requested quantity. 1 of the items will be backordered.

What I'm trying to find out will this laptop be available in the next few weeks, or the next few months?!?

If it's the next few weeks I'll buy it and wait.
If it's the next few months I'll purchase another laptop off your site.

Please for the love of god answer my question!

Here is a link to the facebook post.
http://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStore/posts/122467301277704

I can't link the email contacts tho
Activity: 99
How long was some days for you, and what shipping option did you use ? Thanks for supporting bitcoinstore, the community needs a store like it!

Shipping time 3-4 days if I remember correctly. Used Fed Ex. International Priority.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I am from Scandinavia and it took just some days to get the stuff delivered here.

How long was some days for you, and what shipping option did you use ? Thanks for supporting bitcoinstore, the community needs a store like it!
Activity: 99
I am from Scandinavia and it took just some days to get the stuff delivered here.

Hopefully you guys can open up international shipping again, and also even more elevtronics to sell  Roll Eyes
Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Unfortunately we have received too many orders to process them all at the speed you guys are used to. We are currently experiencing a processing time of 48hrs at the moment

I was going to ask about this today, thanks for the update.
Activity: 56
Update:

Hello,
Unfortunately we have received too many orders to process them all at the speed you guys are used to. We are currently experiencing a processing time of 48hrs at the moment.

We are scaling up our processing team to expedite all current and future orders.

Furthermore, we are receiving too many international orders to process them all. We do not want to provide a service you pay for, then fail to deliver. For this reason, we're turning off international shipping for the time being. It is a huge bottleneck for our order system. We have a lot of international customers and we do not want to shut them out, but at the same time we do no feel comfortable giving them anything less than stellar service.

Feel free to continue placing orders domestically, there only will be the slight delay of 24hrs or so on any additional orders. We are working tirelessly to fix the issues we're having.

So, in summary, international shipping is turned off until we can hire more staff and all orders are slightly delayed right now. Because of the actions we are taking, any further order delays are unlikely and we should get back to same day processing soon. Keeping our reputation clean and our service smooth is important to us, please let us know if there is anything else we can do. (I promise you we're working on the search function).

-Jon Holmquist
https://bitcoinstore.com
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Interesting side question - does anyone know why the convention became to subdivide by 100 instead of another number?  Maybe just because 100 is easy to count on a reasonably sized abacus...?

Will

Examples of currencies which do not feature centesimal (1⁄100) units:

Japanese yen – no fractional denomination in circulation, formerly divided into 100 sen and 1000 rin.
    Kuwaiti dinar – divided into 1000 fils
    Omani rial – divided into 1000 baisa
    Mauritanian ouguiya – divided into 5 khoums
    Malagasy ariary – divided into 5 iraimbilanja

The currencies were all divisible in different ways. The British pound was divided into 20 shillings, and each shilling was divided into 12 pence. The Spanish dollar was divisible into eight reales, one for every finger (thumbs didn't count).

The founding fathers agreed that the former colonies needed a single currency to help unite them into a single country. Even Thomas Jefferson, famously wary of the power of the central government, thought the currency situation was crazy.

In April of 1784, Jefferson wrote Notes on the Establishment of a Money Unit, and of a Coinage for the United States. It's essentially this 11-page ramble about currency, rates of exchange, weights of gold and silver coins. It made the U.S. dollar what it is today.

The U.S. needed a currency that was so simple that any farmer could do his own accounting, Jefferson said. "The bulk of mankind are schoolboys through life," he wrote. "These little perplexities are always great to them."

The U.S. currency shouldn't be divided into eight pieces, like the Spanish dollar. It shouldn't be divided into 90 pennies, as Robert Morris, the central government's superintendent of finance believed. The dollar had to be decimalized — divided based on powers of 10. "Every one knows the facility of Decimal Arithmetic," he wrote.

Jefferson wasn't the inventor of the dollar, and he wasn't the first person to come up with decimalization. But he was extremely influential, and it was his influence that persuaded the new government to do things the way he outlined in this essay.

In 1792, Congress passed the Coinage Act, which laid out the national currency — including dollars, quarters, dimes (then known as "dismes") and cents, "each to be the value of the one hundredth of a dollar."
Activity: 767
Hey BitcoinStore, time to start displaying prices in mBTC, don't you think? Wink

We'll be adding a couple decimal places in soon! Smiley

Nah, adding decimal places is... "weird". Soon we'll have to express prices in scientific notation. Cheesy

Just express your prices in mBTC, I think it's about time. One mBTC is worth more than 10 cents of dollar already. Instead of saying an item costs 0.12 BTC, just say it costs 120 mBTC, for example.

Well, these are just my 2 millies. Wink

While I agree with you from a SI perspective that 1000 (milli) and 1000,000 (micro) make for better units, most countries' courancy systems use a subunit of 100 instead of a subunit of 1000 so I think the average layman would probably better understand bitcent or cBTC rather than bitmillis or mBTC - so in your example 0.12 would rather be 12bitcents.  But I know this is a debate that's been rehashed several times on this forum - to be honest it's something that will develop organically on its own and doesn't need anyone to 'decide' what is best.

Interesting side question - does anyone know why the convention became to subdivide by 100 instead of another number?  Maybe just because 100 is easy to count on a reasonably sized abacus...?

Will
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Hey BitcoinStore, time to start displaying prices in mBTC, don't you think? Wink

Nah, adding decimal places is... "weird". Soon we'll have to express prices in scientific notation. Cheesy

Just express your prices in mBTC, I think it's about time. One mBTC is worth more than 10 cents of dollar already. Instead of saying an item costs 0.12 BTC, just say it costs 120 mBTC, for example.

Well, these are just my 2 millies. Wink

Just some feedback: spent 15-20 mins trying to buy an iron key here - the site seems really sluggish (or maybe that's my internet?) but the most frustrating thing is that every time I try and add one to my order it says out of stock - is there any way to filter out of stock items before presenting them to me?  Right now I'm slowly (one page every 5-10 seconds) going through all the options until I find one that's in stock as there's no way to tell until I try and add to my cart....

EDIT: sorry but the site is unusable at the moment - none of the buttons are appearing so I can't even use the checkout or make an account... Maybe I'll try back later this week when it's more stable.  I can't even register or do anything right now Sad

Will

I diagnosed the problem to my browser/system - I'm using Chrome 27.0.1430.0-dev on Chromebook Pixel 3790.0.0 - and I think bitcoinstore.com detects this as a mobile device/tablet and even though I click 'desktop version' some of the site thinks I am on a mobile device and some of the UI elements (mostly the buttons) don't appear.

Anyway - I ordered my ironkey today from a Windows box and it worked fine.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Will
Activity: 56

Just some feedback: spent 15-20 mins trying to buy an iron key here - the site seems really sluggish (or maybe that's my internet?) but the most frustrating thing is that every time I try and add one to my order it says out of stock - is there any way to filter out of stock items before presenting them to me?  Right now I'm slowly (one page every 5-10 seconds) going through all the options until I find one that's in stock as there's no way to tell until I try and add to my cart....

EDIT: sorry but the site is unusable at the moment - none of the buttons are appearing so I can't even use the checkout or make an account... Maybe I'll try back later this week when it's more stable.  I can't even register or do anything right now Sad

Will
Pages:
Jump to: