Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 6. (Read 75305 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Hey BitcoinStore, time to start displaying prices in mBTC, don't you think? Wink
Activity: 968
Merit: 250
can we request items  that u dont carry.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I just replied to his thread.
To the best of my knowledge he never contacted us before.
Our phone number is right on our website so people don't have to start new threads on the forum.
Have questions?  Call Bitcoinstore.com at 1 (888) 586-6083

You just don't get it! The most effective way to get help from a company that provides an email (and phone #!) is to put an annonymous post on a forum that they might not see for awhile and not even include any useful information that even could help them in said thread

(/s if it's not odvious)

I'm tired of reading "coin base is a scam" "bitinstant is a scam" and now "bitcoin store is a scam" then it comes out they never contacted support and when support does find out the issue is fixed pretty much on the spot

Isn't it hilarious? This is bitcoinsupporttalk.org
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
I would very much love to use BitcoinStore but shipping is a killer. I picked something really small like this baby here, and the lowest shipping rate I get is  Priority Mail International 0.363 BTC [$50.00] Sad
(Shipping and Tax to Athens - Greece, ZIP 11475)
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Our phone number is right on our website so people don't have to start new threads on the forum.

You just don't get it! The most effective way to get help from a company that provides an email (and phone #!) is to put an annonymous post on a forum that they might not see for awhile and not even include any useful information that even could help them in said thread

(/s if it's not odvious)

I'm tired of reading "coin base is a scam" "bitinstant is a scam" and now "bitcoin store is a scam" then it comes out they never contacted support and when support does find out the issue is fixed pretty much on the spot
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Can you say anything about this guy who's been waiting 3 weeks to get his order filled?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinstorecom-fulfillmentsupport-issues-resolved-160241

Activity: 609
Merit: 505
Can you say anything about this guy who's been waiting 3 weeks to get his order filled?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinstorecom-fulfillmentsupport-issues-resolved-160241
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
The current supplier for Bitcoinstore.com doesn't accept Bitcoins yet,  but I intend to try to change that.
I think that would be greatest achievement of your work :-)
vip

Danny is exactly right.
I have no intention of converting my Bitcoins for USD.
I fear you may of have travelled too far back in time. Dont get me wrong I personally love this, but we are still quite some time away from your suppliers accepting bitcoin, correct ?

The current supplier for Bitcoinstore.com doesn't accept Bitcoins yet,  but I intend to try to change that.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

Danny is exactly right.
I fear you may of have travelled too far back in time. Dont get me wrong I personally love this, but we are still quite some time away from your suppliers accepting bitcoin, correct ?
vip
I don't think they keep all their cash in bitcoins. It'd be too risky if the price dropped they'd loose a significant amount of money. They probably pay all their bills and some of their employees in fiat so they always need it on hand.

You are talking about a group of people who have so much faith in bitcoin that they've invested heavily into creating a significant online store that accepts ONLY bitcoin as payment.  Think again:

Danny is exactly right.

Lots more big improvements to the stie will be coming soon too.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
I don't think they keep all their cash in bitcoins. It'd be too risky if the price dropped they'd loose a significant amount of money. They probably pay all their bills and some of their employees in fiat so they always need it on hand.

You are talking about a group of people who have so much faith in bitcoin that they've invested heavily into creating a significant online store that accepts ONLY bitcoin as payment.  Think again:

Will you guys update us with sales milestones so we can see how much more you need to reach 800k?
You can track our progress here:  http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

That is the payout address for all the orders that come through Bitcoinstore.com

Please help us ready $850K USD by the end of next month!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Depending on how speculative they want to get BitcoinStore could start selling below nominal cost, hold 100% of revenue in BTC, and relying on the increase in the exchange rate to cover their costs.

It would work as long as the exchange rate does go up over the interval they are capable of floating based on their dollar reserves.
Activity: 728
That will be interesting when it comes time to sell all that revenue to pay their supplier.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll pay their supplier with cash from an investor or a loan.  Then they'll liquidate the BTC slowly over time, perhaps using off-exchange services such as "fastcash4bitcoins.com". Their employees will probably take a significant portion of their income in the form of bitcoin.  I wouldn't expect them to try to dump the entire bitcoin balance on MtGox in one day.

legendary
That will be interesting when it comes time to sell all that revenue to pay their supplier.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll pay their supplier with cash from an investor or a loan.  Then they'll liquidate the BTC slowly over time, perhaps using off-exchange services such as "fastcash4bitcoins.com". Their employees will probably take a significant portion of their income in the form of bitcoin.  I wouldn't expect them to try to dump the entire bitcoin balance on MtGox in one day.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I suspect this has to do with the retreat of the exchange rate from a high today of $78 to the low today of $71.90.  I suspect that BitcoinStore is keeping all their revenue in bitcoin and displaying that indicator based on the current exchange rate.
legendary
I made an observation today when checking bitcoinstore as to the progress of the 850k run. It had moved back about 6k$ between refreshes, dont know what to make of it, but I tought I should mention it.

I suspect this has to do with the retreat of the exchange rate from a high today of $78 to the low today of $71.90.  I suspect that BitcoinStore is keeping all their revenue in bitcoin and displaying that indicator based on the current exchange rate.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
I made an observation today when checking bitcoinstore as to the progress of the 850k run. It had moved back about 6k$ between refreshes, dont know what to make of it, but I tought I should mention it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I searched for toasters, and none of the results have images. Most of the results don't list the brand and have very limited descriptions. Not many people are going to buy something that doesn't have any photo or description.

It would actually be really nice if there were a link to the same item on Amazon.com. That way I could read full reviews, see full descriptions, etc. I would still buy the item on BitcoinStore, even if Amazon were cheaper in a specific case.

I'm trying to start buying with Bitcoins whenever possible, so thanks for your work and I hope you meet your quota!

We're working on adding more images and better descriptions. I don't know if we can start sending our traffic to Amazon, but it's a nice idea!
Vbs
Activity: 504
Please add some nVidia GTX Titan models! Grin
Pages:
Jump to: