Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitfury ASIC sales in EU and Europe - page 9. (Read 250419 times)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
It came out the wrong way, I think that retro is good and better that all that modern things.
Those old record players you can buy, still work after 30 years.
But those digital miners. only after 6 month people complaint that they are worthless.
Stick to good old stuff, and stay away from the modern scrap.

It's a point of view, it's true and false at the same time.

That is because you still only think digital like all those other young kids, 0's and 1's, true and false, same thing. In analog you can have 0-to-1 whit many steps and opinions in between.
I know it, but I think thats good and bad, it depents on the situation
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
It came out the wrong way, I think that retro is good and better that all that modern things.
But those digital miners. only after 6 month people complaint that they are worthless.

That is because you still only think digital like all those other young kids, 0's and 1's, true and false, same thing. In analog you can have 0-to-1 whit many steps and opinions in between.

Yet another case of a failed asic company.
Nobody knows how to make asics - all that digital junk  Sad
Analog electronic is the only thing that works properly, someone should make a analog miner  Smiley

"Please put down the crack pipe and
step away from the microphone, sir!"

That was a good one  Grin
Really make my grin a lot  Cheesy
Maybe we can use that one in another afsnit.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
Nobody knows how to make asics - all that digital junk  Sad
Analog electronic is the only thing that works properly, someone should make a analog miner  Smiley

+1

Indeed! Smiley

Aside from some pricing and delivery tricks (but who doesn't want to extract the most $ per chip) - they've been one of the better ASIC companies!

Let's see if the rumors about a new Bitfury chip turn out to be true!

what rumors? Smiley

my bitfury gear is still hashing, btw.
vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
Nobody knows how to make asics - all that digital junk  Sad
Analog electronic is the only thing that works properly, someone should make a analog miner  Smiley

+1

Indeed! Smiley

Aside from some pricing and delivery tricks (but who doesn't want to extract the most $ per chip) - they've been one of the better ASIC companies!

Let's see if the rumors about a new Bitfury chip turn out to be true!
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Analog electronic is the only thing that works properly, someone should make a analog miner  Smiley

+1 intron
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

donator
Activity: 543
Where exactly did Bitfury (or punin) fail?
Activity: 504
is this company dead ?

Not dead...

But like xstr8guy say, they moved to private mining or large operation...
Such a shame because the bitfury hardware is rock solid, basic but rock solid.  Undecided
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
is this company dead ?

Website say they are reorganizing their business. Probably means they are just going the private farm route like MegaBigPower and not selling retail anymore.

I think the Bitfury bosses want to keep retail to themselves now. And most likely want to sell only to large-scale operations. That would be my guess.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
is this company dead ?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Weird issue: today i reboot the Bitfury for some brief downtime, and on powering up it fails to hash properly.

Here's what happens (rebooting does not resolve the issue, nor do the start/stop mining buttons)

-The chips are hot - 100% operating and producing the full heat of normal operation
- SSH viewing of the stat.log file shows that all the chips are hashing normally, and actually provides a correct hashrate (about 225GH/6 cards)
- The WebUI works but shows no hashrate
- The pool shows no hashrate.
- using SSH, the pools_conf file has the correct information and matches the webUI pool info

I dont understand if the chips are hashing but somehow not reporting the outputs? This was a routine 'shudown/halt, PSU off, a few minutes, PSU on'. First time ive ever had the unit failing to hash normally but produce heat

EDIT:  after posting this, somehow one last attempt at the stop miner/start miner buttons on the WEBui got it working again.... weirdness (and why i try to not touch these things once they are running)
Activity: 532
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
Price dropped for M & H-cards

You're kidding, right? $8 per GH/s? This isn't 2013 anymore.

haha that waS A good one!

+1

Selling bare ASICs over the price CEX.IO or other GHs exchanges charge is ridiculous. People have to actually put hardware around these chips, and compete with the CEX.IO price, which today is around US$ 3.5/GHS. How can this US$ 8 price be attractive to anybody?

You are not considering the EXTRA costs of CEX all the Electricity, Manteinance, Repair Fees the cost in 1 year is more like u$s 14 per GH.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins

+1

Selling bare ASICs over the price CEX.IO or other GHs exchanges charge is ridiculous. People have to actually put hardware around these chips, and compete with the CEX.IO price, which today is around US$ 3.5/GHS. How can this US$ 8 price be attractive to anybody?
Activity: 356
Dock.io

Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Anyone interested in some V1.2 Hcard minis to fill their rigs: please have a looksie here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gauging-interest-h-card-mini-group-fab-583569
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Pages:
Jump to: