Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1202. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Mintcoin (code: MINT), also known as MintCoin, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that uses both proof-of-stake (PoS) and proof-of-work (PoW) systems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mintcoin

it's hybrid, so it avoids the known blackcoin security weakness

Lol Blackcoin has no known vulnerabilities.

Quote your source which lists a vulnerability of Blackcoin. There are none. It's based on the latest peercoin code whose POS code has no known vulnerabilities.

The MINT coiners are getting desperate spreading lies about Blackcoin in this topic trying to pump up their tiny market cap.

And here is a quote from your OWN mintcoin topic created by the MINTCOIN DEVELOPER:

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests." (front page of the official topic - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-mint-mintcoin-pos-5-no-ico-fair-distro-community-maintained-450381)

So either your Developer is so good he can't be bothered to update the main source of information of Mintcoin or he has indeed made the coin so it's not PoS only (I am guessing he wasn't able to work out how to make a PoS coin?). If it's the latter that also makes Blackcoin even more energy efficient than Mintcoin  Cheesy

Once again you are a fool and an ass and you are demonstrating it.

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin"

it says basically because the PoW blocks only generate 1 coin/block. You can see the PoW blocks are still being generated so there is really no way to dispute the fact that Mint is PoS/PoW hybrid...
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
http://blackcoinpool.com/ is working great, now we just need to get some more miners Smiley Grin
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
So funny see this desperate Mintcoin bagholders trying to spam the Blackcoin topic.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
man, I'm just asking about a known security issue that was discussed on this thread. I don't know where all of that came from.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Mintcoin is 20% rate it´s crazy
Why not 50%?
Do you earn 20% on your bank account IRL?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have an honest question.

To an investor in wall street how can i explain in a single powerpoint slide why Blackcoin has bigger Market Cap than Mintcoin, they have same features. Mint was released 10 days before and is hybrid POW/POS, to an outsider they are practicaly the same

Im conducting investing rounds, i now FAST/POS is the future and i need your side of the story, for an possible investment.

Thanks.

Assuming this is indeed an honest question and not just an intentional ball-toss to Mint-promoters who relentlessly try to fud this thread because they see BC as a direct threat and competitor:

The two coins are very different, most notably in with respect to inflation as has been pointed out. We don't have all the facts about the Mint premine and where it went and probably never will, so I'll leave that aside. As far as 'the security risks', if you read a couple pages back you'll see that I and a couple of other informed people posted regarding Sunny King's rewrite of PoS earlier this year, which resolved the flaw, as confirmed by the person who first identified it and extensive peer-review. At this point that crap is all just FUD, almost invariably from Mint enthusiasts, and is growing tiresome.

Also, just bear in mind that people will tend to talk up the coin they are most heavily invested in. Any idiot should be able to see through that. I will refrain from talking up the 'awesomeness' of BC. Do your own due diligence. Taking a poll on a bitcointalk thread hardly qualifies as research, if that is your sincere intention.

Silly Mint faggots just won't stop haha. You are showing your weakness, and your fear. Do you think you are accomplishing anything here? I suggest you learn to live with your losses and move on.

Thanks for your help. this kind of attitude help a lot with investors.

Yes, im a mint holder and a BC holder. Made a lot with BC also with mint both are great.

I was worried about the mint premined also, but im shure now is on custody of a fund.

fast pos coin is the future.
legendary
LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Mintcoin (code: MINT), also known as MintCoin, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that uses both proof-of-stake (PoS) and proof-of-work (PoW) systems.

Lol Blackcoin has no known vulnerabilities.

Quote your source which lists a vulnerability of Blackcoin. There are none. It's based on the latest peercoin code whose POS code has no known vulnerabilities.

The MINT coiners are getting desperate spreading lies about Blackcoin in this topic trying to pump up their tiny market cap.

And here is a quote from your OWN mintcoin topic created by the MINTCOIN DEVELOPER:

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests." (front page of the official topic - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-mint-mintcoin-pos-5-no-ico-fair-distro-community-maintained-450381)

So either your Developer is so good he can't be bothered to update the main source of information of Mintcoin or he has indeed made the coin so it's not PoS only (I am guessing he wasn't able to work out how to make a PoS coin?). If it's the latter that also makes Blackcoin even more energy efficient than Mintcoin  Cheesy

To an investor in wall street how can i explain in a single powerpoint slide why Blackcoin has bigger Market Cap than Mintcoin, they have same features. Mint was released 10 days before and is hybrid POW/POS, to an outsider they are practicaly the same

Im conducting investing rounds, i now FAST/POS is the future and i need your side of the story, for an possible investment.

Thanks.

Assuming this is indeed an honest question and not just an intentional ball-toss to Mint-promoters who relentlessly try to fud this thread because they see BC as a direct threat and competitor:

The two coins are very different, most notably in with respect to inflation as has been pointed out. We don't have all the facts about the Mint premine and where it went and probably never will, so I'll leave that aside. As far as 'the security risks', if you read a couple pages back you'll see that I and a couple of other informed people posted regarding Sunny King's rewrite of PoS earlier this year, which resolved the flaw, as confirmed by the person who first identified it and extensive peer-review. At this point that crap is all just FUD, almost invariably from Mint enthusiasts, and is growing tiresome.

Also, just bear in mind that people will tend to talk up the coin they are most heavily invested in. Any idiot should be able to see through that. I will refrain from talking up the 'awesomeness' of BC. Do your own due diligence. Taking a poll on a bitcointalk thread hardly qualifies as research, if that is your sincere intention.

Silly Mint faggots just won't stop haha. You are showing your weakness, and your fear. Do you think you are accomplishing anything here? I suggest you learn to live with your losses and move on.

You just showed how awful of a person you are by using a pejorative term for homosexuals, congrats!
you've still  not addressed the known blackcoin security issue in any meaningful way.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Thanks.

On one slide?

Different communities probably. Black is 'sexier' than green.
Activity: 266

Thanks.

Thanks.

1. Mintcoin is pre-mined by the developer. Roughly 3% of the total money supply he gave to himself. The crypto community tends not to like such schemes.
2. Mintcoin dev launched the coin saying the pre-mined coins would be spent on bounties etc but weeks later he refuses to list what he spent the coins on.
3. Mintcoin has 20% rate of interest compared with Blackcoin 1% rate of interest. The higher the rate of interest the great the dampening/suppressive effect it has on price as some of those new coins will get dumped on the market.
4. Blackcoin has a great developer. He's responded very quickly to any issues that have arisen.
5. The community has pioneered innovative concepts eg the blackconimultipool, a pool to boost blackcoin price whilst decrease the price of competing alt coins. Encouraging for the future.
6. Community and trading volume. Mintcoin trading volume is tiny. Very few people are buying and selling it on exchanges which suggests to me a lot of the activity in the mintcoin community is sockpuppets (one person with multiple accounts).

Those are specific reasons. There's lots of general reasons why two clones with identical features (seemingly) have different values. Feathercoin is a clone of Litecoin with 4 times as many coins and it has been out for 9 months and is nowhere near Litecoin's price. Community support is a huge factor in a coins success (see dogecoin for example).

MINT is PoW/PoS hybrid so it doesn't have blackcoin security flaws

Thanks.

1. Mintcoin is pre-mined by the developer. Roughly 3% of the total money supply he gave to himself. The crypto community tends not to like such schemes.
2. Mintcoin dev launched the coin saying the pre-mined coins would be spent on bounties etc but weeks later he refuses to list what he spent the coins on.
3. Mintcoin has 20% rate of interest compared with Blackcoin 1% rate of interest. The higher the rate of interest the great the dampening/suppressive effect it has on price as some of those new coins will get dumped on the market.
4. Blackcoin has a great developer. He's responded very quickly to any issues that have arisen.
5. The community has pioneered innovative concepts eg the blackconimultipool, a pool to boost blackcoin price whilst decrease the price of competing alt coins. Encouraging for the future.
6. Community and trading volume. Mintcoin trading volume is tiny. Very few people are buying and selling it on exchanges which suggests to me a lot of the activity in the mintcoin community is sockpuppets (one person with multiple accounts).

Those are specific reasons. There's lots of general reasons why two clones with identical features (seemingly) have different values. Feathercoin is a clone of Litecoin with 4 times as many coins and it has been out for 9 months and is nowhere near Litecoin's price. Community support is a huge factor in a coins success (see dogecoin for example).

+1. Pure PoS is new, which is exciting and has great potential, but its security has also not been as tried and tested.

LMAO MINT is pure PoS. Don't you clowns even know about the coin you are shilling? It was pow/pos initially, like Blackcoin was too. But they are now both pure proof of stake.

And lol at anyone who calls me a shill. I've been a member here for a year and have 400+ activity. Unlike a new account created to support Mint.

And as for mint being on more exchanges that strengthens my point. Even with the support of Cryptsy MINT still has a pathetically small trading volume. Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week.

Still waiting for that list on what all the MINT premine was spent on. Blackcoin has no premine and has brought more innovation to the table with the blackcoin multipool that mintcoin has then tried to unsuccessfully rip off.

So funny seeing all the mintcoin bagholders rush into the blackcoin topic to try and spread FUD. How do you think that looks to outsiders viewing this topic?  Cheesy

You are a fool and just proved it. Mint is not pure PoS. My lord....

mr_random I would say you are the worst PR there is for this coin.

"Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week" You forgot to total up the volume of all 23 exchanges MINT is on and then compare that number to the total volume of BC on all its exchange. I assume MINT will still be lower volume than BC overall, but the fact that you try to sell it as being much, much lower than it is just points towards your motives..

Thanks.

Thanks.

+1. Pure PoS is new, which is exciting and has great potential, but its security has also not been as tried and tested.

LMAO MINT is pure PoS. Don't you clowns even know about the coin you are shilling? It was pow/pos initially, like Blackcoin was too. But they are now both pure proof of stake.

And lol at anyone who calls me a shill. I've been a member here for a year and have 400+ activity. Unlike a new account created to support Mint.

And as for mint being on more exchanges that strengthens my point. Even with the support of Cryptsy MINT still has a pathetically small trading volume. Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week.

Still waiting for that list on what all the MINT premine was spent on. Blackcoin has no premine and has brought more innovation to the table with the blackcoin multipool that mintcoin has then tried to unsuccessfully rip off.

So funny seeing all the mintcoin bagholders rush into the blackcoin topic to try and spread FUD. How do you think that looks to outsiders viewing this topic?  Cheesy

False, Mint is hybryd POS and POW blocks are still being created, you can see it on the blockchain, want a screenshot?
LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Thanks.

Thanks.

And as for mint being on more exchanges that strengthens my point. Even with the support of Cryptsy MINT still has a pathetically small trading volume. Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal compared to daily 400+ BTC days for over a week.

+1 lol. See my post above.
legendary

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

+1. Pure PoS is new, which is exciting and has great potential, but its security has also not been as tried and tested. Plus people really need to get over Mintcoins premine. It IS being used to build infrastructure, hence mintcoin is on 23 exchanges and already has 34 merchants accepting it, the Mintcoin Foundation is in the making, other developments surely on the way. We need to find better selling points for BC other than the fact that it has no premine- especially considering the PoW phase was only 1 week long and anybody with any sense of what that means understands that that is essentially an insta-mine. Sorry, I am a supported of both Mint and Blackcoin but I like Mint more in the long term even though I've made more money off of Blackcoin (that should say something).

point #6 from mr_random is a joke. mintcoin is on way more exchanges than blackcoin so of course its volume on any given exchange will be lower. Also, if anything, blackcoin is the one being manipulated by sockpuppets- the community is much smaller and just pay attention to the market and you can see people selling to themselves/buying from themselves (this has been pointed out many times by other people on this thread who also support BC).

Please don't listen to mr_random, there are much more unbiased people on this thread who support BC and will give you more honest answers which don't rely on bashing another coin (I'm not saying listen to me, I have conflicting interests too although I honestly want both mint and bc to succeed and dont see why they cant, but don't listen to mr_random as he has demonstrated many times in the past that he is little more than a shill for BC).

Thanks.

The premined was 1% and is in custody of a Fund, David Latapie runs it- Check.

Same answer, the premine is still in power of a NGO Fund, being registred in France. 1%

Well thats an reason for holding long term on Mintcoin (im conducting long 2 years investment rounds on the future of money)

Thats right, also mint great guys.

Thats something i cannot explain to investor, i will lose them if i try to explain that far complexity that just rebuy coins, and in my perspective ASIC will kill multipools and shitty coins in 3 months. 3 months after first knc Batch

Blackcoin moves a lot, thats true. Mint is more on a low state not much attention on it now.

Besides those are specific reasons. There's lots of general reasons why two clones with identical features (seemingly) have different values. Feathercoin is a clone of Litecoin with 4 times as many coins and it has been out for 9 months and is nowhere near Litecoin's price. Community support is a huge factor in a coins success (see dogecoin for example).

Thanks for your help pal.

Thanks.

Jump to: