Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1335. (Read 2509932 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 500
Can anyone help with this? I just built blackcoind to try it out. After a few hours, I'm sync'ed with the blockchain, as the last timestamp is 03/21/14 22:03:20...one minute ago... but I'm still getting "error: no response from server" when I issue commands.

This is running under ubuntu 12.10. Still occasionally flushing the wallet, but it's not loading any new blocks except as they come out it seems. When I built it I had to run apt-get install libdb++-dev instead of the suggested lib (but it compiled, so I doubt that's the issue).

I'm kind of at a loss.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
EarnCryptoCoins
7,946 BC already claimed!
4600+ members/800+ claiming BC every hour!
8000+ claims/1200+ transactions done!
Join now and get your free BlackCoins!

BlackCoin Faucet
Pays from 0.50 to 1.00 BC per hour.
10% referral earnings.
Payouts are done automatically every day.

DONATIONS
BMUWzsMAEMpLQguUSwSCeo1jyPFRGv9tbv

(After donating PM us with TXID, short title(40 chars maximum) and a link so we can publish them in the donations sections on coin page)

The Faucet is DRY, please consider DONATING some BlackCoins so we can continue the giveaway. Thank You!  

BlackCoin Raffle
Tickets 100 BC each.
Draw every 12 hours.
1% house edge goes for faucet.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
Can someone explain how the 1% interest works? Do I have to keep my client open every 8 hours or continuously for highest chance?
And yes you have higher chance when you have wallet open to get part of 1% interest, your weight is increasing all time.
When i had about 50k BC i got about 0,05BC in every 3-4-6h....
Generally idea is that if you are lucky or you have many coins inside your income is like that:
1 day 1% * (1/365) 1000 BC = 1000,05
2 day 1% * (1/365) 1000,05 BC ~

Anyway small intervals are good for POS miners because all blocks are mine now by POS get some small amount of BC.
Small amounts - but i like receive even that 0.05 Day : D  for supporting network.

Anyway in POS while mining can get extra BC from fees.

With so low amounts of BC paying out you are not able to flood market even those guys with eg 500k+ they can't flood market...
But some reward is necessary to maintain network with full POS system. Imo 8h intervals are pretty good Smiley you don't need to wait 20 days / or 365(always online like ULTRA Cheesy )
Big stakeholders can't flood and those small too.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Can someone explain how the 1% interest works? Do I have to keep my client open every 8 hours or continuously for highest chance?

No, your coins will stake and you'll collect your 1% annual even if you only open your wallet for staking a couple times a year. It may take 30 minutes, it may take a day. The only advantage to leaving the wallet open all the time is that your little payouts will compound as they begin staking themselves after 8 hours. It's not a huge payout either way. Thankfully, as then the currency does not inflate ridiculously like so many others.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

nope, you can close your wallet for a whole year then open it  and receive your 1% all at once it is measured since your coins last staked etc
Activity: 700
Activity: 427
Merit: 252
For the attention of rat4 - I went to move my BC wallet this evening and noticed a couple of problems:

1. The 'first run' crash still occurs - this won't look great to new adopters
2. The old logo is still in place.

It'd be nice if these were fixed to be taken a little more seriously by newcomers. I'll happily stump up some BC for this to happen.

Edit: I also notice the blockchain often 'sticks' when downloading. I have to quit and restart the wallet. Not sure if this is peculiar to me?
Activity: 476
Sorry. I skimmed info. What day did mining end?

Block 10.000
Activity: 700
Sorry. I skimmed info. What day did mining end?

http://reddit.com/r/bccoin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
With 4 MH what would i roughly be able to mine with a multipool?

.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000001

bc per day

On most multipools right now that would make you maybe slightly more than  0.020 BTC per day. (depending on many factors)

At current price that would be about 630 BC.

Of course this is all subject to change.
Activity: 385

.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000001

bc per day
Activity: 308
We all know that the Multipool's going to do great things for BlackCoin, once it's released. However, I don't think everyone realizes how much of a difference it's going to make.

The numbers thrown out for yesterday's (March 19, 2014) mining ranged from 10GH/s to nearly 400GH/s. It's quite safe to assume that the massive dropoff near the end was caused by the frontend issues the site was having (for those that weren't there, the miner pages were entirely inaccessible for the latter portion of the "launch"). Because of that, I'm going to make a somewhat conservative (depending on how you look at it) estimation of 200GH/s if the pool was as polished as the new version is reported to be.

If that 200GH/s was maintained for a solid 24 hour period, that would net somewhere in the neighborhood of $500,000 and $1,000,000 worth of altcoins, according to http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. Let that sink in for a second. BlackCoin's current market cap is roughly $1,300,000. That's a ton of buy orders.

Never realised that the multipool could double the merket cap on its own.
Need to buy more cheap coins asap, plz dump  Wink

The time of cheap coins could be over now, was glad to get some more @2900 sat yesterday.
If all goes right we would never see a price <3000 any more.

At least I hope so. Could be that whales try to make another P&D before the MP goes finally up.

Still we must be aware of panic selling after rumours etc. Remember the last one well with Radiostatic leaving and IRC rumours made it a big drop in price.

This is one of the reasons BC is still so cheap to acquire. Once the panic is gone and previous BC multipool beta tests are history, the price will not be 3,000 satoshi any more.

Yeah I bought some at 3150 today, hopefully time will make BC mature and go to a nice steady value
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
We all know that the Multipool's going to do great things for BlackCoin, once it's released. However, I don't think everyone realizes how much of a difference it's going to make.

The numbers thrown out for yesterday's (March 19, 2014) mining ranged from 10GH/s to nearly 400GH/s. It's quite safe to assume that the massive dropoff near the end was caused by the frontend issues the site was having (for those that weren't there, the miner pages were entirely inaccessible for the latter portion of the "launch"). Because of that, I'm going to make a somewhat conservative (depending on how you look at it) estimation of 200GH/s if the pool was as polished as the new version is reported to be.

If that 200GH/s was maintained for a solid 24 hour period, that would net somewhere in the neighborhood of $500,000 and $1,000,000 worth of altcoins, according to http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. Let that sink in for a second. BlackCoin's current market cap is roughly $1,300,000. That's a ton of buy orders.

The time of cheap coins could be over now, was glad to get some more @2900 sat yesterday.

At least I hope so. Could be that whales try to make another P&D before the MP goes finally up.

Still we must be aware of panic selling after rumours etc. Remember the last one well with Radiostatic leaving and IRC rumours made it a big drop in price.

you mean a buying opportunity? that was literally the easiest trade i have ever done.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 364

This is one of the reasons BC is still so cheap to acquire. Once the panic is gone and previous BC multipool beta tests are history, the price will not be 3,000 satoshi any more.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Activity: 364
Merit: 253
Seems like good future for this coin.
who were the devs behind blackcoin, I have a small project Id like to talk to them about

You can contact me or rat4 on freenode ##blackcoin (yes double #)
Jump to: