Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1339. (Read 2509932 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
We all know that the Multipool's going to do great things for BlackCoin, once it's released. However, I don't think everyone realizes how much of a difference it's going to make.

The numbers thrown out for yesterday's (March 19, 2014) mining ranged from 10GH/s to nearly 400GH/s. It's quite safe to assume that the massive dropoff near the end was caused by the frontend issues the site was having (for those that weren't there, the miner pages were entirely inaccessible for the latter portion of the "launch"). Because of that, I'm going to make a somewhat conservative (depending on how you look at it) estimation of 200GH/s if the pool was as polished as the new version is reported to be.

If that 200GH/s was maintained for a solid 24 hour period, that would net somewhere in the neighborhood of $500,000 and $1,000,000 worth of altcoins, according to http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. Let that sink in for a second. BlackCoin's current market cap is roughly $1,300,000. That's a ton of buy orders.

Never realised that the multipool could double the merket cap on its own.
Need to buy more cheap coins asap, plz dump  Wink

The time of cheap coins could be over now, was glad to get some more @2900 sat yesterday.
If all goes right we would never see a price <3000 any more.

At least I hope so. Could be that whales try to make another P&D before the MP goes finally up.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

No one is selling BC anymore. It's hard to buy. And the chart is doing things for the last 10 days that are rare in alt coin world. It is just steadily
rising. Every few days a new upward curve.

Click "MAX" on the chart on Mintpal for BC. The last 10 days it just keeps rising.

I am starting to keep my non-invested coins as BC instead of BTC now. Then dancing in and out of more risky coins and back to BC.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
We all know that the Multipool's going to do great things for BlackCoin, once it's released. However, I don't think everyone realizes how much of a difference it's going to make.

The numbers thrown out for yesterday's (March 19, 2014) mining ranged from 10GH/s to nearly 400GH/s. It's quite safe to assume that the massive dropoff near the end was caused by the frontend issues the site was having (for those that weren't there, the miner pages were entirely inaccessible for the latter portion of the "launch"). Because of that, I'm going to make a somewhat conservative (depending on how you look at it) estimation of 200GH/s if the pool was as polished as the new version is reported to be.

If that 200GH/s was maintained for a solid 24 hour period, that would net somewhere in the neighborhood of $500,000 and $1,000,000 worth of altcoins, according to http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. Let that sink in for a second. BlackCoin's current market cap is roughly $1,300,000. That's a ton of buy orders.

Never realised that the multipool could double the merket cap on its own.
Need to buy more cheap coins asap, plz dump  Wink
Activity: 322
blackcoin

Allright, you are in the blackoin thread.   Grin
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Activity: 41

But it kept on rising so I just got back in at 3100. Then the correction appeared around 3400 (you can see it on the Mintpal graph around 14:00 European time). Since then it's rising and more volume is now appearing rather than less.

Up to about 2500, all the buys were decimals of a bitcoin with the odd one over 1 BTC. Now bigger fish are arriving with 5 and 6 BTC at a time to punt on a rising coin. (EDIT: There is an 11 BTC buy order at 3900 right now. So people clearly think it's going higher of they think they will find the liquidity to cash out that amount later on).

The reason this coin is rising (and why I bought some) is:

[1] - it is a proof of stake amongst an ocean of proof of work

[2] - it's had some genuine thought put into the coin-omics, such as optimal inflationrate etc

[3] - it looks like a genuine original

[4] - it's had a slow, steady rise rather than a panic buy like Mazacoin

[5] - there aren't a load of miners waiting to dump on Cryptsy when more liquidity appears

So I don't think it's going to fall off a cliff. I think it will get a few corrections, stabilise and then drift either up or down for a while.

Just my thoughts - could be wrong but gut feeling says it's not a panic buy (well apart from at this precise moment in time) or a panic sell.

All good points. Price action suggests holding, if in doubt, do nothing. This trendline is not steep despite what seem like high levels or satoshi per BC. But market cap is only $2million. It's peanuts. This can go many many times that level without a flinch.

I think you nailed it in all those points, as far as mechanics for a cryptocurrency goes, Blackcoin appears very well thought out.
Activity: 210
right now im mining doge and dumping for bc, tomorrow I will find another coin I dislike and dump for bc, cycle will repeat until I have lots of bc. Thankyou shitcoins!

Been doing the same, until multipool goes up, but for now just mining jukecoins and buying BC.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Tomorrow is payday

Gonna snag another 100k or so  Grin
Activity: 308
Blackcoin has been through so many PnD and yet it still manages to retain it's value while also increasing in a slow manner. It truly is an amazing coin to invest in and you would be a fool to not buy in when you can with the price it's at. A year from now my only regret is that I didn't buy more.

l cross my fingers that your prediction is true Wink
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Blackcoin has been through so many PnD and yet it still manages to retain it's value while also increasing in a slow manner. It truly is an amazing coin to invest in and you would be a fool to not buy in when you can with the price it's at. A year from now my only regret is that I didn't buy more.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I think we all are waiting for the price to go up .. I bought 300,000 + coins between 3000 & 3500 last night .. went to sleep and woke up to current 2700 .. not so happy but I think price will go back up when these multipool come back online ...

In the meantime try this site .. http://qoinpro.com/a1321725c057a0e8a5789a5be424e35e

It gives out BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, IFC, WDC & EAC daily .. all you do is sign up and get free coins daily .. It is a good project trying to educate people about crypto .. give it a try

Grin Now is 3185 sat, BC won't let you down in the future, it has strong community and no miners' huge dump
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
do my eyes decieve me or do I see a big bottomed bounce forming on Mintpal, not often that you see regular trading patterns form in new cryptcurrencies....
nice to see markets reacting without the influx of mined coins to bog them down.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

hold on tour hats my friends its gonna be a wild ride
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

Not just that...

I'm not sure if the devs will pursue the sha256 coins market...that will bring a whole gazillion hashes from BTC Asics to Scrypt ie. Blackcoin...

BlackCoin is perfect candidate for that and if it works it will become one of an important coins out there..

Despite what happened with Black Hole Multipool, I'm still giving the credit to Radio for what he have done....building his pool from scratch in a record time and for the idea itself....
guy is a genius but he might not be intimately familiar with cryptos or didn't expect such a hype and didn't think about forking coins, etc.....
On top of that and according of what he said and I believe him...he did all that for free....

Big thx to him

Radiostatic really delivered great work and I'd like to thank him aswell. His labor will bring sweet fruit soon. sha256 will be enabled as intended. We can expect a lot of power into this Smiley
Activity: 405

Not just that...

I'm not sure if the devs will pursue the sha256 coins market...that will bring a whole gazillion hashes from BTC Asics to Scrypt ie. Blackcoin...

BlackCoin is perfect candidate for that and if it works it will become one of an important coins out there..

Despite what happened with Black Hole Multipool, I'm still giving the credit to Radio for what he have done....building his pool from scratch in a record time and for the idea itself....
guy is a genius but he might not be intimately familiar with cryptos or didn't expect such a hype and didn't think about forking coins, etc.....
On top of that and according of what he said and I believe him...he did all that for free....

Big thx to him
Activity: 185
Just in case you all haven't seen this yet -

Just sign up - it's a website that's trying to spread information about cyrptocurrency.  By spreading the link yourself you gain more "credits"

Reported.
Activity: 45

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
I tried to register, I think their email is getting trapped in spam box somewhere
Activity: 183
Just in case you all haven't seen this yet -

Free Bitcoins every 24 hours.

Just sign up - it's a website that's trying to spread information about cyrptocurrency.  By spreading the link yourself you gain more "credits"

Will have too see, always cations about these types of things
Activity: 476
I am working on converting http://insight.bitcore.io/ to work with BlackCoin.  I have the Blackcoind and the insight running on my server already and syncing with blackcoind.  Just need to fix some issues with the differences between Bitcoin and Blackcoin address verification ect.

This will give us something much like blockchain.info

Anyone with any experience modding the js code feel free to pm me.

Very nice +1
Jump to: