Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1431. (Read 2509928 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
This shows how ppl dont understand the concept of BC. What most dont realize is that BC cant be dumped like other mineable coins. Once the pool gets started and assuming everything goes as planned, BC at low prices are history. If you sell now, you will hardly ever see these prices again.

It's posts like this that only shows wishful thinking. Certainly BC can be dumped by whales that hold millions of coins. They have the ability to crash the entire market in one go if they wanted to. Just because it's not mined and coins aren't being generated by PoW doesn't mean the coin can't be dumped. That said, we wont see the same kind of gradual deflation of the currency like other coins.

there is no one holding more then 2% of the coins

How could you possibly know that?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
If you guys bought in now, do not panic over any crazy price movement. This coin has an essentially finite supply. I went through the same during PoW week. I held, averaged down, and am now over 100% my average buy price.

And the difference between now and PoW week is you will have hash power to support your investment. In the short-term there will be spikes and dips, but as long as miners continue to mine, inject BTC into the BC market, and hold (at least most of their stash), the BC price can only go up over time thanks to the 1% coin generation rate per year.

Use BC and price movements as a practice to control your emotions. Learn the technique of cost averaging if you must, and of course, only invest what you can afford to lose. But at least you can sleep knowing this idea that you are investing is probably one of the best the ever see the light of day in the crypto market. The community now will actually have some control to the price, as opposed to just being 100% at the mercy of the big whales. Smiley

This shows how ppl dont understand the concept of BC. What most dont realize is that BC cant be dumped like other mineable coins. Once the pool gets started and assuming everything goes as planned, BC at low prices are history. If you sell now, you will hardly ever see these prices again.

Whales can, and will probably still try to flash crash it. But the difference is the community miners are going to be right there picking them right back up! Because what the whales dump, they cannot rebuy with fresh newly generated coins from miners that are mining and dumping non-stop.

Hey man! Great post, convinced me to run and grab some more Blackcoin! Where could i find more information on the BC pool ? Sounds real interesting, to my knowledge no other coin had a system like that in place.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

It's posts like this that only shows wishful thinking. Certainly BC can be dumped by whales that hold millions of coins. They have the ability to crash the entire market in one go if they wanted to. Just because it's not mined and coins aren't being generated by PoW doesn't mean the coin can't be dumped. That said, we wont see the same kind of gradual deflation of the currency like other coins.

there is no one holding more then 2% of the coins
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Still someone tries to dump. Before the big event in BC history. 3 hours left!

What big event?

Isn't bcmultipool's opening an event?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

What big event?
legendary
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
If you guys bought in now, do not panic over any crazy price movement. This coin has an essentially finite supply. I went through the same during PoW week. I held, averaged down, and am now over 100% my average buy price.

And the difference between now and PoW week is you will have hash power to support your investment. In the short-term there will be spikes and dips, but as long as miners continue to mine, inject BTC into the BC market, and hold (at least most of their stash), the BC price can only go up over time thanks to the 1% coin generation rate per year.

Use BC and price movements as a practice to control your emotions. Learn the technique of cost averaging if you must, and of course, only invest what you can afford to lose. But at least you can sleep knowing this idea that you are investing is probably one of the best the ever see the light of day in the crypto market. The community now will actually have some control to the price, as opposed to just being 100% at the mercy of the big whales. Smiley

Whales can, and will probably still try to flash crash it. But the difference is the community miners are going to be right there picking them right back up! Because what the whales dump, they cannot rebuy with fresh newly generated coins from miners that are mining and dumping non-stop.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
How long until the pool launches? Can someone repost the link for the countdown?

I think the multipool is honestly a brilliant idea - I hope it plays out as expected. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

One coin to rule them all!

Here you go Smiley

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20140314T20&year=2014&month=3&day=14&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&msg=BC%20Multipool%20launch

Thanks! I didn't have the link you posted earlier and IRC is blocked while im at work :/

proabably a good thing I guess....Smiley
legendary
Not so far till 1 mlj market cap. Let's do this!  Grin
Activity: 280
I re-installed my wallet yesterday and I had to retry to open it a couple times, it has been syncing like 15 hours and hardly moved but a few blocks, any ideas? It shows 16 connections, my coins show in transactions but not in balance or unconfirmed yet.

Try complete resync, i.e. delete all files but save wallet.dat

That is what I did.

Version of wallet?

v1.0.3.0

Send me debug.log

Thanks, I sent some but I need to be able to attach the file, is that possible here?
Activity: 154
Coinoholic
Do you guys think we will see 1600 satoshis soon again?
I would't count on it but it could always happen...

It could, the coin is being walled off at 2000 right now which is incredible. coin wants to go over 2k. But if theres manipulation going on I would wait until a dip to buy in.. maybe not going to see 1600 again though.

all it would take would be one big player with 50 btc to buy in and that would start a whole new trend. So far most people that buy in are less then 1 btc, very few have 5-10 btc thrown into this.

I agree, if one big boy comes in the price is going to explode. I put 2 btc in the coin but im broke now.. literally holding dark and all bc at this point.. tempted to sell off the dark and go back to it in a couple days
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

It could, the coin is being walled off at 2000 right now which is incredible. coin wants to go over 2k. But if theres manipulation going on I would wait until a dip to buy in.. maybe not going to see 1600 again though.

all it would take would be one big player with 50 btc to buy in and that would start a whole new trend. So far most people that buy in are less then 1 btc, very few have 5-10 btc thrown into this.
Activity: 154
Coinoholic

Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
I re-installed my wallet yesterday and I had to retry to open it a couple times, it has been syncing like 15 hours and hardly moved but a few blocks, any ideas? It shows 16 connections, my coins show in transactions but not in balance or unconfirmed yet.

That is what I did.

Version of wallet?

v1.0.3.0

Send me debug.log
Activity: 224
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Also, is anyone aware of the conversion schedule of BTC > BC? I understand it will be manual at first but i think the most continuous the better.

I'd like to see some discussion on the exchange strategy as well.  Depending on how many BTC per day we have I think we should consider doing smaller buys to move the price up a bit, say 50-100 satoshis, then drop the rest in as a nice buywall that splits the bid/ask.  It seems like if we just buy a bunch a couple times a day we'll end up creating a short term spike and overpay.  If we can bump the price a little then stabilize BC while slowly filling our buy at a better price that would be great.  A steady 10% per day increase will double the price every 7 days.

Could be a problem if the multipool becomes the biggest player in the BTC/BC market. If not, then pound-cost-averaging at random intervals should be OK.
Activity: 280

That is what I did.

Version of wallet?

v1.0.3.0
Activity: 126
Also, is anyone aware of the conversion schedule of BTC > BC? I understand it will be manual at first but i think the most continuous the better.

I'd like to see some discussion on the exchange strategy as well.  Depending on how many BTC per day we have I think we should consider doing smaller buys to move the price up a bit, say 50-100 satoshis, then drop the rest in as a nice buywall that splits the bid/ask.  It seems like if we just buy a bunch a couple times a day we'll end up creating a short term spike and overpay.  If we can bump the price a little then stabilize BC while slowly filling our buy at a better price that would be great.  A steady 10% per day increase will double the price every 7 days.
Jump to: