Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 323. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Without picking one above the other, IF and it is a massive contentious point for me, IF the PR projects will be open and transparent to the use of funds freely given by the community I do not see an issue with anyone's PR projects no matter how crazy they might seem.

However, if there is profit to be made for their time, then state this.
I do not think the majority of us care to much if the Dev, promoter etc gets paid for his time so long as it is fair, reasonable and proportional.

But big $$ projects need to be in some logical order.

PR needs to learn to walk before Run and it honestly do not consider $30K for just securing a PR companies support a good use of funds.

There is no way in a million years that a PR company can force news to happen.
The reason why (cheesy maybe) public stunts work is that they do get maximum coverage for the money involved.

I am sure we all have some ideas for PR, hell why don't you have a competition to pony up $10K funding to the best voted idea.

have a little trust in the community's ability to decide

In a way we are asking the community to decide this... with insight from an established PR firm. See here: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24p7i5/pr_firm_transparency_and_please_list_your_ideas/

Activity: 182
Without picking one above the other, IF and it is a massive contentious point for me, IF the PR projects will be open and transparent to the use of funds freely given by the community I do not see an issue with anyone's PR projects no matter how crazy they might seem.

I do not think the majority of us care to much if the Dev, promoter etc gets paid for his time so long as it is fair, reasonable and proportional.

PR needs to learn to walk before Run and it honestly do not consider $30K for just securing a PR companies support a good use of funds.

The reason why (cheesy maybe) public stunts work is that they do get maximum coverage for the money involved.

I am sure we all have some ideas for PR, hell why don't you have a competition to pony up $10K funding to the best voted idea.

In a way we are asking the community to decide this... with insight from an established PR firm. See here: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24p7i5/pr_firm_transparency_and_please_list_your_ideas/

not really, you have asked for donations and have just decided you will engaging the unknown PR company without any information about what they will actually do.
No information certainly means blindly following the PR team, and even though you might be nice guys - after that blackcast some need a few basic lessons in PR and image.

Throwing $10K of paper wallets (with say $25ea) off the top of some building in NY would probable yield more publicity.
Speak with Edu91 about securing his wallets - load them with $25 and get going Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
in other news....

BLACKCOIN was doing great....

possible instability (mostly loud noise) seems to be thinning out buy pressure.
I see a possible retest of the 25k range looming unless we can bring back the optimism.
BTC price is on a short term rise= less buy pressure
bitcointalk is becoming a deterent = less buy pressure
BC is awesome=                        = we'll get over this

please lets get back to business as usual, I have seen this to many times already where egos erode the confidence in a good thing.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Hey guys,

I've been working on some kind of paper wallet. For people that want to hold large sums of BC in cold storage. Or people that are scared of getting hacked. It's just a small concept. Didn't spend to much time on it although Id like to share. Maybe you guys have some suggestions aswell.

It's basicly a envelop with keys inside. I'm still designing the inside paper.
You can slide the paper keys out of the envelop, like some giftcards have aswell. The "Amount" is a small window. So depending on what you put in the envelop shows through the window as amount.

Nice!

Hey guys whats about legal issues with that:
http://worldof.tips/buytips

Something like this would help to spread/buy more BC easily. Can we do something like this?

I think we could better gauge how the community likes that idea! hey, why not push for it

here:
http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

or

here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

With the legal issue, I do not believe that we could infringe on any laws,
If the website created was by someone else and created by their own hands Smiley

Cheers Smiley
Activity: 168
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hey guys,

I've been working on some kind of paper wallet. For people that want to hold large sums of BC in cold storage. Or people that are scared of getting hacked. It's just a small concept. Didn't spend to much time on it although Id like to share. Maybe you guys have some suggestions aswell.

You can slide the paper keys out of the envelop, like some giftcards have aswell. The "Amount" is a small window. So depending on what you put in the envelop shows through the window as amount.

Nice!

Hey guys whats about legal issues with that:
http://worldof.tips/buytips

Something like this would help to spread/buy more BC easily. Can we do something like this?

Activity: 238
Hey guys,

Wow! What a great idea =)

Props to you!!!
Activity: 182

Hey guys,

That is actually beautiful! Please also post about this project in

http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

and also

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

Cheers mate Smiley
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Pretty nice idea edu91
Activity: 94
Hey guys,

With all that said I want to add that this is just the envelop. Perhaps I could make a template that you can download that fits the envelop's window and size so that you can print your own keys instead of handing them over to the distributor.

Activity: 644
@brammien. I will continue to quote myself if I have to. Wink

Self appointed is right. They are managing millions in a land grab. I and many others have concerns when a lot of money is at stake. I'm very upset about this foundation forming.

It has taken since the beginning of BC, starting from rat4 and Soepkip, to branch out and find the right members for this "foundation". This isn't something that just happened overnight. If you can't trust a group of people that over time (and without a premine or IPO to work off, meaning their own time and money)

1. Laid down the infrastructure to make BC relevant with its pools
2. Funded CoinKite (thanks for the help Mintpal)
3. Funded promos for the miners like Black Friday and KNC Titan
4. Done their own PR through Twitter, Reddit, etc
5. A sponsor in Dogecon SF
6. Started up Blackcoin Farm
7. Started Blackcast and showed their faces
8. Now starting a huge PR campaign (Foundation "officially" formed here, a good 2 months after BC was released and after they have provided the above)

I don't what else you want? Legal names, addresses, phone numbers, day jobs, and etc? Maybe that will soon come, I don't know. But I could certainly understand if some people are not willing to put their personal information here in crypto land, at least not this soon. After all, everyone keeps talking about BC is still a young coin (which it is). But I'm sure all of that will come with time.

If you want to get more involved, then get more involved. Nobody is stopping you. And simply posting on BTCTalk isn't going to accomplish that. If you're serious about being proactive, then do it. Go to Blackcointalk, and start a new project thread. Outline the details, costs, time frame, etc. Get Soepkip or other known members of BC on it. Expose it to these "foundation" members that may actually be able to fund it if they like it!
Activity: 1274
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
So just to recap what has happened:

-Blackcointeam started bc and many promotions.
-Some random guy starts his own promotions.
-Blackcointeam continues what it has done so far.
-Random guy goes awoke on bcteam because of this.
-Random guy loses support

I might have skipped some pages with the rantings of a spoiled kid, but I guess this is about it?

What the heck is going on here? That is NOT -and you very well know it- what "has happened".

First of all, the "Blackcointeam" is 5 specific individuals... or so we are left to believe... until now, that a supposed "Foundation", alien to those 5 individuals but officially supported by them, has been quickly assembled within a few (or a lot, we don't know) "investors". There's quite a based concern about just who these new individuals, that have expensive initiatives all of a sudden, are and what their motives (and means : Wallets) are. Very legitimate concerns.

Second of all, that new group -even though the ubiquitous Soepkip speaks for them-, has come up with a "PR plan" that they half-pay for, that some with financial experience and a lot of common sense question in principle... at least until what the PR firm -and what $30K will get from them- is. Very legitimate concerns.

Third, as a quite outspoken critic of "Random guy" and some of his tactics, I don't perceive he has lost any support -maybe unfortunately-. He may have questionable ideas, he may be motivated by ego and greed (who isn't here?) and he is definitely in an enormous hurry to get the price of BC up, but no one, not even me, questions, that he has done at least one very positive thing for BC -if for personal profit, mainly-, which is the BlackCard AND has worked to get developments in BC be known and published.

So you have skipped quite a few pages indeed... along with a bunch of very legitimate concerns of the community as a whole, something that you give the impression of not caring about at all. Perhaps I am wrong in perceiving that impression but seems to me you are much more interested in a discredit campaign that in any immediate or long term benefit of BC. Hopefully, I would be wrong.

This is what I've seen, we have some very talented people in developement of this coin, working in IRC gaining support. They have done well in some projects, lacked in others (android wallet), but overall they are doing well in this reguard. They have appointed themselves trying to form a board thinking engineers should be CEO's and have went for a power grap at running a the trust fund we all blackcoin. They in a sense without a vote, or any democratic process figure since they have worked on development should run the foundation, in which supports and pulls support of things related to the coin. You would never ask your bus boy to run as head chief as you would your top engineer to run for CEO. Just because team has an advanced skill set in one area, does not mean they are qualified to run things in another.

This is the issue, and the breakdown. Much of the advertising that has been done so far has been iconic, which has created hype. Love him, hate him, he's not the face of BC anymore than the people running for foundaiton board. This is why a foundations is dangerous to this coin, you have unqualified people in some cases, pretending to have business or marketing experience, trying to run million dollar investments.

Let the development team keep developing, they need to focus on what they are good at, and let community member handle marketing, promotions, social media.

Does that mean development team can't sponser there PR? No they can, but it's coming from top down as official, and that is where issues lie. They surely can try marketing as long as it's coming from unofficial, non foundation.

Just because BC has done well in past, doesn't mean it will continue to do well. We need qualified people rising to top, not unelected people, that want to so very obviously take control and glory of this coins success. Don't take a genius to figure out that is what is going on, they want to be in charge cause they what to get the credit for the success, instead of just focusing on what they are good at, development, and continue to develop. If everyone would stop trying to do this, and do what's best for the coin, then we'd be at 100k already. This current team has dropped the ball on much great news, in which they did not take control of the hype and market it, they sat on the news, and there was never hype from it.

I'm not impressed with current self elected foundation would be members in marketing, they not old enough or qualified in experience to be doing this end of things with this coin.

Now that's whats going on.

But what about our marketing genius Gritt?
What about this great article in some obscure Cambodian newspaper no one reads?
Surely we can trust this guy with Blackcoin marketing?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Do not lock this thread please.
Bitcointalk is the epicenter of the crypto world. We need visibility here too !

its really not... maybe in altcoin world yes, where there is a few hundred people on an altcoin. but doge/litecoin/bitcoin have moved on to bigger things.

Blackcoin is getting to that point. this thread is can no longer do its job. move on to Reddit/r/blackcoin
Activity: 210
So just to recap what has happened:

-Blackcointeam started bc and many promotions.
-Some random guy starts his own promotions.
-Random guy goes awoke on bcteam because of this.
-Random guy loses support

I might have skipped some pages with the rantings of a spoiled kid, but I guess this is about it?

What the heck is going on here? That is NOT -and you very well know it- what "has happened".

First of all, the "Blackcointeam" is 5 specific individuals... or so we are left to believe... until now, that a supposed "Foundation", alien to those 5 individuals but officially supported by them, has been quickly assembled within a few (or a lot, we don't know) "investors". There's quite a based concern about just who these new individuals, that have expensive initiatives all of a sudden, are and what their motives (and means : Wallets) are. Very legitimate concerns.

Second of all, that new group -even though the ubiquitous Soepkip speaks for them-, has come up with a "PR plan" that they half-pay for, that some with financial experience and a lot of common sense question in principle... at least until what the PR firm -and what $30K will get from them- is. Very legitimate concerns.

Third, as a quite outspoken critic of "Random guy" and some of his tactics, I don't perceive he has lost any support -maybe unfortunately-. He may have questionable ideas, he may be motivated by ego and greed (who isn't here?) and he is definitely in an enormous hurry to get the price of BC up, but no one, not even me, questions, that he has done at least one very positive thing for BC -if for personal profit, mainly-, which is the BlackCard AND has worked to get developments in BC be known and published.

So you have skipped quite a few pages indeed... along with a bunch of very legitimate concerns of the community as a whole, something that you give the impression of not caring about at all. Perhaps I am wrong in perceiving that impression but seems to me you are much more interested in a discredit campaign that in any immediate or long term benefit of BC. Hopefully, I would be wrong.

This is what I've seen, we have some very talented people in developement of this coin, working in IRC gaining support. They have done well in some projects, lacked in others (android wallet), but overall they are doing well in this reguard. They have appointed themselves trying to form a board thinking engineers should be CEO's and have went for a power grap at running a the trust fund we all blackcoin. They in a sense without a vote, or any democratic process figure since they have worked on development should run the foundation, in which supports and pulls support of things related to the coin. You would never ask your bus boy to run as head chief as you would your top engineer to run for CEO. Just because team has an advanced skill set in one area, does not mean they are qualified to run things in another.

This is the issue, and the breakdown. Much of the advertising that has been done so far has been iconic, which has created hype. Love him, hate him, he's not the face of BC anymore than the people running for foundaiton board. This is why a foundations is dangerous to this coin, you have unqualified people in some cases, pretending to have business or marketing experience, trying to run million dollar investments.

Let the development team keep developing, they need to focus on what they are good at, and let community member handle marketing, promotions, social media.

Does that mean development team can't sponser there PR? No they can, but it's coming from top down as official, and that is where issues lie. They surely can try marketing as long as it's coming from unofficial, non foundation.

Just because BC has done well in past, doesn't mean it will continue to do well. We need qualified people rising to top, not unelected people, that want to so very obviously take control and glory of this coins success. Don't take a genius to figure out that is what is going on, they want to be in charge cause they what to get the credit for the success, instead of just focusing on what they are good at, development, and continue to develop. If everyone would stop trying to do this, and do what's best for the coin, then we'd be at 100k already. This current team has dropped the ball on much great news, in which they did not take control of the hype and market it, they sat on the news, and there was never hype from it.

I'm not impressed with current self elected foundation would be members in marketing, they not old enough or qualified in experience to be doing this end of things with this coin.

Now that's whats going on.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
To all BC community members, please put back this BC thread into one of my (our) BC Home Sweet Homes, and please keep it like that  Smiley

Despite all the negativities, i am confident that my DEJA VU will (eventualy) become REALITY:

BC will (eventualy) become the ruler of the cryptocurrency world, as in the following: 

https://i.imgur.com/fZnLh2ql.jpg

My DEJA VU on March 20th, 2014 at http://altcoinauthority.com/2014/02/blackcoin-pos-on-steroids/

Wish all the best to all BC holders,
BC-Man

Activity: 168
but your continual boasting that this coin is all about you is starting to wear very thin.

When you make comments like that it serves no purpose but to add fuel to the flames. Over the past few days people have made open ended comments, and then when I kindly ask to show proof, they change the subject.

Yesterday Digicidal claimed I criticize others projects and that I wanted control over PR. When I asked him to post proof no response: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6528792

Today TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet claimed I personally "attack" people. I asked him to post one thing where I "attacked" someone without being insulted first, I am still waiting for that evidence: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6539462

Now you are claiming that I boast about BC being all about me. Did you first read what he wrote? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6539817

Now if you think I am going to allow someone to make the claim that all I do is type on this forum without defending my work, then you have me mistaken for someone else.

Now for a third time. Please show me one post where I claim that BC is all about me. Please show me one post where I claim without me there is no BC.

Jump to: