Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 66. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
I’ve established two bounties for Ercoin-related development, paid in BlackCoin exclusively:

See the relevant issues for details.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Amirite would be a cool name for a coin actually.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
What is great about this coin? What will it be used for?
BlackCoin is the first 100% proof of stake, free cryptocurrency with fair distribution (no entity privileged: no premine, no ICO).

Just adding to that. PoS has a few advantages over PoW.

User don't have to pay for the cost of mining to giant mining farms through inflation and fees. The network can be secured by staking on raspberry pi's for negligible cost. It's very efficient.

You also receive income through staking at a greater rate than inflation with PoS 2.0+. The rate is approximately 5% at the moment, with approximately 1% inflation per year currently. For example, if you were to buy 1% of the network and stake you would have around 1.04% of the network after a year.

Myself, I plan on price averaging and staking for at least several years, on this coin and maybe others if I ever find another decent PoS coin. To profit all I'll need is for the coin to perform better than -4% loss in value per year on average, though ultimately I'd like to simply save enough to live on staking income. The price increasing would be nice for me, but it's not necessary for my goals personally.
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
What is going on with BLK?  Huh  Value plummeting.... Sad

BLK did not establish their own ecosystem, the current community is not active, development is not active, Rat4 rarely speak

What exactly you mean by ecosystem? I heard that BTC might have another fork? Seems to be crashing all the altcoins for now.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
BlackCoin is the first 100% proof of stake, free cryptocurrency with fair distribution (no entity privileged: no premine, no ICO).
Activity: 51
That's such an ICO attitude.

Blackcoin is not a company.

Developers don't owe anything to anyone. This isn't some token sale where people can LARP around as shareholders. This is the proto POS coin. Buy, sell, trade however you want, it won't change, no funding would be lost and no network weight compromised. Drop the market cap down to a few hundred bucks and you still have the same coin. That's how strong it is.

More coins are looking into converting towards PoS and finding out that doing so is much harder than they thought it would. Bigger coins like Dogecoin and Ethereum are dabbling with it for over a year now.   

If you prefer coins where the creators own the largest share, or one that is puppeteered by mining farms, go a head, plenty of PoW and fraudulent ICO's to move into. But if you want PoS that's squeaky clean, then Blackcoin is the only option.   
mo
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

BLK did not establish their own ecosystem, the current community is not active, development is not active, Rat4 rarely speak
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!

Activity: 427
Merit: 252
Correct me if i'm mistaken but does this Obsidian coin sound like its cloned from Blackcoin?    Angry
- www.newsbtc.com/2017/08/14/obsidian-gains-attention-mainstream-investors-focuses-strategic-partnerships/

I was gonna shoot that down and just say it's just the same name as a BLK development team but delved into it further past that PR puff piece they've put out and read: https://obsidianplatform.com/#about

Yes, it's 'based on Stratis', so they're ICOing a BLK clone.

Sounds like it's had some work done on it though. Shame, as the same work could be done in BLK with consensus and we'd have something more to scream about. It's all about the ICO I'm afraid. Greed.

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Correct me if i'm mistaken but does this Obsidian coin sound like its cloned from Blackcoin?    Angry
- www.newsbtc.com/2017/08/14/obsidian-gains-attention-mainstream-investors-focuses-strategic-partnerships/
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Traders seem use this coin to earn btc
Wider use is ultimately key.  Traders have their use but they are not really a backbone to progress for any coin

Blackcoin is ultimately alot easier to use, to be fair bitcoin had a head start of 5 years so you still cant expect it to be as popular.  Unfortunately it takes alot to catch up and some luck to get that kind of success built up long term and obviously theres tons of competition in btc's  trail.
   Anyway Im commentating because the price is still negative but its keeping that trend, so its a declining number sequence but I think its forming a kind of support anyhow.  Im not especially negative on BLK personally, I do find it comparable to May which we saw was capable of switching up.  Bigger picture is good for BLK comparing to 2016 like alot of crypto action and interest this year I find BLK similar and in line

The ironic thing to a price that keeps going up without stopping is that it represents a form of negative buildup, its actually better for price confirmation to occur to lose sellers at the lower prices so dont be too envious of btc doubling this fast.  Hopefully I will be able to mine various protocols again soon and exchange some to blk regularly, ideally I would want to do that at this level.   A steady increase above the 200 dma would also be ok I guess.   The reason the average BLK price is still now increasing is because we are absorbing and still digesting from big gains at this year start, the price theory being we are more likely to keep gains accumulated gradually
You can't really leverage a coin this much without losing money in the long run though. That makes no sense. 
Activity: 44
BLK/BTC is weak again. Only BLK/CNY looks strong.

Blackcoin to usd is fairly steady I think.   Bitcoin rose alot and like a seesaw blk adjusts down but it equates to no change in value.       Though the price is falling nominally, its falling on less volume then it rose which is often taken as a positive going forward.  
Last time we had this price was late May and it was viewed negatively but went on to new highs.   There was trend underlying the bottom prices there so was a fair buy.  Not quite as clear on that now but we do have alot of previous price action in this area.   I will add some blk, its good to diversify from btc which is still debating larger blocks I think.   Another cycle for that is normal.

Yea Ive no idea if Im right but if I draw in a trend for closing daily highs of July obviously declining and into August and I think we are above that negative trend now.   Who knows, its hard to say when BTC is the shark in the paddling pool and anything more slight may not count.   Alt coins generally retracting some on btc strength..

Anyhow the 200 day simple moving average is rising, 0.00008390 and the cautious thing would be to buy on a close above that. ie. buy into strength

Don't worry . Traders seem use this coin to earn btc. They are really love btc and not this one. So the fait/blk is stable and btc/blk is always a joke. Smiley
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448

Blackcoin to usd is fairly steady I think.   Bitcoin rose alot and like a seesaw blk adjusts down but it equates to no change in value.       Though the price is falling nominally, its falling on less volume then it rose which is often taken as a positive going forward.  
Last time we had this price was late May and it was viewed negatively but went on to new highs.   There was trend underlying the bottom prices there so was a fair buy.  Not quite as clear on that now but we do have alot of previous price action in this area.   I will add some blk, its good to diversify from btc which is still debating larger blocks I think.   Another cycle for that is normal.

Yea Ive no idea if Im right but if I draw in a trend for closing daily highs of July obviously declining and into August and I think we are above that negative trend now.   Who knows, its hard to say when BTC is the shark in the paddling pool and anything more slight may not count.   Alt coins generally retracting some on btc strength..

Anyhow the 200 day simple moving average is rising, 0.00008390 and the cautious thing would be to buy on a close above that. ie. buy into strength
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
Hello, I saw a news that would be activated segwit on blackcoin? Is this appropriate?

See where BLK currently stands on segwit & LN back on page 1667 of this thread.

Here's the announcement from yesterday he's referring to:

https://twitter.com/CoinBlack/status/895401295170883585

am working on a new code, you have to remember there is no central control of Blackcoin
no one can just flip a switch and it is done
new code will have segwit, but activation, signaling, voting, that is on community Smiley
there are other new features which don't need chain changes
even LN can be done that way.. for example Yours https://stories.yours.org/
uses their own lightning protocol without segwit..
look great !
but need more time to create it with pos!
Activity: 44
Activity: 905
Merit: 502
I miss dooglus
Hello, I saw a news that would be activated segwit on blackcoin? Is this appropriate?

LuckyGames dice sites takes BLK too now.!!! BLK to the moon!!!!
Activity: 145
Merit: 132

am working on a new code, you have to remember there is no central control of Blackcoin
no one can just flip a switch and it is done
new code will have segwit, but activation, signaling, voting, that is on community Smiley
there are other new features which don't need chain changes
even LN can be done that way.. for example Yours https://stories.yours.org/
uses their own lightning protocol without segwit..
Pages:
Jump to: