Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 68. (Read 2509934 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Burning ?  sounds like sacrilege :O
Is burning purposeful, why not create new trade.

Blackcoin is wavering around a support line for a while.  Bitcoin new highs puts it under pressure from strength overall I guess is the effect
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
I’ve released the code of the cryptocurrency I’ve been writing. BlackCoin burning is proposed as a method of initial coin distribution. Some background is available.
Worth seeing
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I’ve released the code of the cryptocurrency I’ve been writing. BlackCoin burning is proposed as a method of initial coin distribution. Some background is available.

Awesome work!
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Whats more easy on the Rigs Ressources ?
The Lore or the Classic Client ?
Pretty limited with my shitty netbook here and dont wann resync bot to find out.

Still staking with the Classic client here, its light on resources,  working well and rarely have issues with it running 24/7.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
Whats more easy on the Rigs Ressources ?
The Lore or the Classic Client ?
Pretty limited with my shitty netbook here and dont wann resync bot to find out.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Can somebody help me with staking Blackcoin in the Lore wallet. After a week it's  still show "not staking" and sthe staking icon is not green. Do i have instal or make some settings for staking?

Can somebody help me with staking Blackcoin in the Lore wallet. After a week it's  still show "not staking" and sthe staking icon is not green. Do i have instal or make some settings for staking?

Problem is solved, wallet was not unlocked  Grin

Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Ah the Blackcoin USB card with built in wallet, the memories! That wallet was ahead of it's time! Smiley
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Activity: 156
hoping to stimulate a little mining/staking discussion, so here goes...

I've been seeing a lot of "Generated but not accepted" mining results lately while staking. at least 1 a day, sometimes more. any tips on how to not get those?

I also heard it was best to stake from multiple addresses, so I moved 20% of my staking amount into 5 separate addresses. any truth to this theory?

...so while the coins themselves are old, could moving the coins around to these new addresses be responsible for these undesirable results?

cheers, and good luck fellow bag holders!

"Generated but not accepted"I have a lot of this situation, do not know how to solve

generated but not accepted means someone else found this block earlier than you, he was a bit faster...
There is nothing you can do about, anyway you will get accepted blocks at any time
Activity: 168
Is there any way to see if a block get generated but not accepted via the CLI?
Activity: 4
today, for example, 2 of 6 were "generated but not accepted"

yesterday, 1 of 4

two days ago, 2 of 5.

I'd be ok with 1 of 8, but I guess I don't have enough BLK. Smiley

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

I've been seeing a lot of "Generated but not accepted" mining results lately while staking. at least 1 a day, sometimes more. any tips on how to not get those?

I also heard it was best to stake from multiple addresses, so I moved 20% of my staking amount into 5 separate addresses. any truth to this theory?

...so while the coins themselves are old, could moving the coins around to these new addresses be responsible for these undesirable results?

What proportion of those are you seeing against accepted ones?

"Generated but not accepted" is basically an orphan. Someone beat you to creating the block and propagating it.

This can be mitigated a small amount by making sure your staking machine's clock is accurately set.

Otherwise, you can expect a small proportion to get orphaned like this and I don't think it makes any difference how you distribute the coins. Looking at my wallet now which has staked since 2014 pretty much constantly, it looks like about 1 in 7 or 8 get orphaned.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

"Generated but not accepted"I have a lot of this situation, do not know how to solve
Activity: 4

Activity: 54
Big discussion over German taxation for PoS and Pow.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.gevestor.de/details/kryptowaehrungen-was-sind-proof-of-work-und-proof-of-stake-805986.html&prev=search  

Classifying both as income rather than capital gains seems fair. I personally think it's still like dividends from commodities or shares and not at all the same as mining for which tax benefits can be claimed on electricity. But nonetheless if that's what it takes for universal recognition of staking then I welcome the maturation of this technology. I understand the case that staking is like offering a service, you are securing the network, even though it takes less electricity than a lightbulb.  

Though how much you earn can be calculated similarly to interest, I think staking income is more like mining income with Bitcoin than like actual interest payments/dividends. You secure the network in exchange for rewards essentially. Income tax makes more sense than capital gains when selling staked coins I suppose, just like with mined coins.

We may eventually need a quick and easy way to calculate total staked coins in an address for tax purposes.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
When is planed to release the new official Wallet with POS 3.0 for the Pi?

THX

Just follow the instructions for Debian to compile the original (v1.2.4) client for Pi.

https://github.com/Coinblack/blackcoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst

THX, but the 1.2.4 runs fine on my Pi ;-)
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Are there any specific plans or appointments made to promote BLK for when the team visits China soon?
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Big discussion over German taxation for PoS and Pow.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.gevestor.de/details/kryptowaehrungen-was-sind-proof-of-work-und-proof-of-stake-805986.html&prev=search 

Classifying both as income rather than capital gains seems fair. I personally think it's still like dividends from commodities or shares and not at all the same as mining for which tax benefits can be claimed on electricity. But nonetheless if that's what it takes for universal recognition of staking then I welcome the maturation of this technology. I understand the case that staking is like offering a service, you are securing the network, even though it takes less electricity than a lightbulb. 
Pages:
Jump to: