Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 67. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Hello, I saw a news that would be activated segwit on blackcoin? Is this appropriate?

See where BLK currently stands on segwit & LN back on page 1667 of this thread.

Here's the announcement from yesterday he's referring to:

https://twitter.com/CoinBlack/status/895401295170883585
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Hello, I saw a news that would be activated segwit on blackcoin? Is this appropriate?

See where BLK currently stands on segwit & LN back on page 1667 of this thread.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Great News!! Following Blackcoin on Twitter. Here's the latest update.

BlackCoin‏ @CoinBlack 

#Blackcoin is now accepted at http://overstock.com ! $BLK

Very nice, that is really good news, hope there are more coming soon Smiley
Any more information available about the segwit announcement on the blackcoin twitter? Just curious. Haven't seen anything about it on here or slack.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
If the coins are freely distributed for each blackcoin then everyone would immediately start selling off their Ercoin creating some huge volatile swings, not to mention it opens a huge door to manipulation (buy BLK, sell Ercoin, sell BLK= Profit).   

Burning BLK for Ercoin means BLK doesn't lose any value and neither does Ercoin. The Ercoin holders would be reluctant to sell their Ercoins for cheaper than the BLK they burned. It means that Ercoin starts with a small but also very solid market cap.   

And as Futileresistance points out, anyone can get in. You don't need to be a long time BLK user to just buy BLK for some Ercoin. 
Why burn BlackCoin at all. Give proportionate ERCOIN and move from there. That way, both coins have a chance in case one goes down!

Current Blackcoin holders would have a disproportionate advantage in the distribution if it were done that way though.

Burning 1 BLK essentially just has a value cost of ~$0.26, whether you currently hold BLK or you exchange any other crypto to burn.
Activity: 491
Why burn BlackCoin at all. Give proportionate ERCOIN and move from there. That way, both coins have a chance in case one goes down!
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Great News!! Following Blackcoin on Twitter. Here's the latest update.

BlackCoin‏ @CoinBlack 

#Blackcoin is now accepted at http://overstock.com ! $BLK

Activity: 23
what's next for blk? keep moving please .come on rat4 ,come on devs
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
Ercoin sounds interesting, thank you all for your replies. BLK seems rather quiet ATM. Hope things pick up...
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
Also I suggest to consider more names than just 'Ercoin' the 'error coin' or 'burning gives you hot er coin' memes are writing itself right now. This project deserves better.

The name “Ercoin” is derived from Erlang in which it is written. I don’t recall Erlang being associated with errors due to its name (actually the language with its libraries is appreciated for fault tolerance), though I’m not a native speaker to judge it well. Picking another name can be considered.

I’ve started a separate thread for Ercoin. An IRC channel has also been created: #ercoin on irc.freenode.net.
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
 Cry
Burning Blackcoin doesn't lower the value of Blackcoin. None of the value is transferred to Ercoin. Ercoin's price still starts at zero marketcap, even after the initial burning phase.   
If anything it will increase the value of Blackcoin because Blackcoin would be the only way to obtain Ercoin.   
agree with that
Burning Blackcoin doesn't lower the value of Blackcoin. None of the value is transferred to Ercoin. Ercoin's price still starts at zero marketcap, even after the initial burning phase.   
If anything it will increase the value of Blackcoin because Blackcoin would be the only way to obtain Ercoin.   
Activity: 303
No one like you
I’ve released the code of the cryptocurrency I’ve been writing. BlackCoin burning is proposed as a method of initial coin distribution. Some background is available.

Hey that's cool. I don't think we've seen a PoS coin distributed through burning before.  

And to those worrying about burning BLK. It's not the same as selling BLK. Burning a coin means sending it to an inaccessible address from which it will never be retrieved. It just means that those who burn BLK reduce their share of the total coin supply, which increases everyone else's share of the coin supply. Dogecoin has the same mechanic for some of their projects. BLK's market cap won't be affected, if anything the demand for BLK may even grow if people want to get in on this.  

That said, I'm not really sure if a temporary burn distribution is a good way to disperse a coin evenly. I do encourage the experiment though. I'll probably take part in it.  

Also I suggest to consider more names than just 'Ercoin' the 'error coin' or 'burning gives you hot er coin' memes are writing itself right now. This project deserves better.  

If I understand this right, this new coin is replacing Blackcoin?

You would receive and create new Ercoin in exchange for burning Blackcoins, like how Dogeparty tokens were distributed. It's a separate project though, not a replacement.
like XCP , burn some ,not the all
I’ve released the code of the cryptocurrency I’ve been writing. BlackCoin burning is proposed as a method of initial coin distribution. Some background is available.

Hey that's cool. I don't think we've seen a PoS coin distributed through burning before.  

And to those worrying about burning BLK. It's not the same as selling BLK. Burning a coin means sending it to an inaccessible address from which it will never be retrieved. It just means that those who burn BLK reduce their share of the total coin supply, which increases everyone else's share of the coin supply. Dogecoin has the same mechanic for some of their projects. BLK's market cap won't be affected, if anything the demand for BLK may even grow if people want to get in on this.  

That said, I'm not really sure if a temporary burn distribution is a good way to disperse a coin evenly. I do encourage the experiment though. I'll probably take part in it.  

You would receive and create new Ercoin in exchange for burning Blackcoins, like how Dogeparty tokens were distributed. It's a separate project though, not a replacement.
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!

Activity: 303
No one like you
 Cheesy blk out of top 100 marketcap...
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
Burning ?  sounds like sacrilege :O
Is burning purposeful, why not create new trade.

There is already a command for burning coins in BlackCoin and it has not been advertised as sacrilege. Smiley

What do you mean by “creating new trade”? How would that work?
maybe is "creating new thread ?"
Burn is good, equitable distribution.
you can create a new thread to talk about that
BLK thread is too quitely
and talk with Slack?
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
Burning ?  sounds like sacrilege :O
Is burning purposeful, why not create new trade.

There is already a command for burning coins in BlackCoin and it has not been advertised as sacrilege. Smiley

What do you mean by “creating new trade”? How would that work?
Pages:
Jump to: