Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 71. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Some coins have 20% stake inflation, knock-off coins. It means that there are stakers who get 30-60% dividends on their staking. Good for them but all of that value is coming from people who aren't staking, mainly traders. It makes a coin unusable.  

Blackcoin has 0.97% yearly inflation. Which currently results in about 5% dividends. It doesn't punish people who don't stake, it means it can be freely used and traded without seeing your capital depreciate. Yet the staking reward is strong enough to be a very attractive coin to hold and speculate long term on.  

The thing to take away here is that protocol means something. Every parameter needs to be taken seriously and Blackcoin has them all balanced out properly.  

In a more mature and rational market you may also have to take into account the Relative Purchasing Power Parity for the inflation rates of competing currencies like the USD or Bitcoin.

So, if all else remains the same in a market (no userbase growth for example), Blackcoin might be expected to appreciate vs the USD by 2% and depreciate against Bitcoin by 1% (after it reaches 0% inflation).

Real returns would be 4% with 5% interest and 1% inflation if looking at Blackcoin in isolation. But when comparing to the USD would be 7.1% gain per year, taking into account USD inflation of 3%. It would only be 3.95% gain vs Bitcoin.

We're years away from the market reaching maturity though.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Some coins have 20% stake inflation, knock-off coins. It means that there are stakers who get 30-60% dividends on their staking. Good for them but all of that value is coming from people who aren't staking, mainly traders. It makes a coin unusable. 

Blackcoin has 0.97% yearly inflation. Which currently results in about 5% dividends. It doesn't punish people who don't stake, it means it can be freely used and traded without seeing your capital depreciate. Yet the staking reward is strong enough to be a very attractive coin to hold and speculate long term on. 

The thing to take away here is that protocol means something. Every parameter needs to be taken seriously and Blackcoin has them all balanced out properly. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
First buy of BlackCoin today for me Smiley ITS REALLY REALLY FAST, actually I own 10 cryptos like Burst, Vertcoin, Namecoin, Peercoin, Expanse... and Blackcoin is the fastest of them all, its really cool to use everyday, it takes no time to send and receive money, KEEP ON  Wink

Yes , i love to use blackcoin too .
Activity: 128
First buy of BlackCoin today for me Smiley ITS REALLY REALLY FAST, actually I own 10 cryptos like Burst, Vertcoin, Namecoin, Peercoin, Expanse... and Blackcoin is the fastest of them all, its really cool to use everyday, it takes no time to send and receive money, KEEP ON  Wink

yes, BLK is the best
Activity: 228
Merit: 250
how much is the yearly pos rate for this coin?
it says 1.5 blk coin but per how much days?

Inflation is a little under 1%, interest rate is about 6% at the moment.

I for some reason thought BLK was 20% Sad  but it says it's 1.5 BLK per block, so it's not 6%

It's based on network weight, you earn weight over time x the amount of coins, so even a smaller chunk of coins will eventually earn enough weight to find a block and get the 1.5 + tx fees but larger wallets will find them much more often.

Coin age was removed from blackcoin, time no longer has a relationship with coin weight.

With coin age removed, if 1/5th the coins on the network are being used to stake then stakers receive 5 times the rewards, and non-stakers receive no rewards. It also means you have to be staking 100% of the time to gain the maximum rewards.

You can approximately calculate the interest rate by taking the total coin count (76,251,077 blk), dividing by the current network weight (9,270,355), and multiplying the result by the inflation rate (0.01). At the moment that gives you 8.22%, however network weight tends to fluctuate between 9 million and 16 million, and roughly averages it out to a 6% interest rate.

That means if you have 10,000 blk you'll roughly get 600 coins per year, or 400 blocks, or a bit more than 1 block per day.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa

I for some reason thought BLK was 20% Sad  but it says it's 1.5 BLK per block, so it's not 6%

It's based on network weight, you earn weight over time x the amount of coins, so even a smaller chunk of coins will eventually earn enough weight to find a block and get the 1.5 + tx fees but larger wallets will find them much more often.
Activity: 145
Merit: 132
There are transaction fees for BLK so you receive some of those I imagine.    

I did a new copy of BLK Lore & resetup all my files and its working on a very ancient laptop with vista.   Its 32bit so I used the correct .exe and it was able to see peers and update and show new transactions.    It didnt stake for some reason, wasnt clear why left it a while and it showed as fine in bottom right but didnt stake beyond that.   So as suggested I did the -reindex command which takes like 20 hours I think.    Showed some immature coins but its cleared them all now

Its staked anyway so I presume thats all good.   The local Lore shows a slightly different balance to the explorer copy.  Im not sure why exactly and the recent transaction matches, its not a large amount but just mentioning it in case it matters.
 On explorer I can spot 2 transactions in April where explorer states amounts sent 30% more then the wallet shows, so if repeated that'd do it.    I found one to be to bittrex and Bittrex ledger agrees with the local Lore amount, so its explorer which is at fault.  Case solved  Tongue  

The version of Lore on blackcoin.co hasn't been updated with the balance fix yet for some reason. Once you get the bug fix it'll show the correct balance again.

They are up to date, latest update should have version: v2.12.1.0-3278c5c

I did a new copy of BLK Lore & resetup all my files and its working on a very ancient laptop with vista.   Its 32bit so I used the correct .exe and it was able to see peers and update and show new transactions.    It didnt stake for some reason, wasnt clear why left it a while and it showed as fine in bottom right but didnt stake beyond that.   So as suggested I did the -reindex command which takes like 20 hours I think.    Showed some immature coins but its cleared them all now

Its staked anyway so I presume thats all good.   The local Lore shows a slightly different balance to the explorer copy.  Im not sure why exactly and the recent transaction matches, its not a large amount but just mentioning it in case it matters.
 On explorer I can spot 2 transactions in April where explorer states amounts sent 30% more then the wallet shows, so if repeated that'd do it.    I found one to be to bittrex and Bittrex ledger agrees with the local Lore amount, so its explorer which is at fault.  Case solved  Tongue  

The version of Lore on blackcoin.co hasn't been updated with the balance fix yet for some reason. Once you get the bug fix it'll show the correct balance again.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/blk

Crypto has a negative drift to its pricing is how I describe it currently, negative decline for sure but still my guess is its best to accumulate when speculators sell without good reason though fundamentals are more important then shapes on charts. 

In my experience: 1.5blk reward when staking 2500blk every 2-4 days
occasionally oddball rewards like 1.5402blk show up but I am not sure why that happens.

The additional reward is from transaction fees.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101

In my experience: 1.5blk reward when staking 2500blk every 2-4 days
occasionally oddball rewards like 1.5402blk show up but I am not sure why that happens.

Activity: 506
Merit: 510
BLK is too much oversold - the moment when the Bitcoin drama will be ended BLK will skyrocket
when btc down
how you think will skyrocket
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Activity: 183
BLK is too much oversold - the moment when the Bitcoin drama will be ended BLK will skyrocket
Activity: 187
Merit: 20
Just've noticed that volume in China is 3 times bigger than on Polo.

The volume is higher and BLK is 1-2k sats higher on the Chinese exchanges.

price dump?

It's like this for more than a month now. Blackcoin has much more buy support in China than it has in the west and Polo has always been dumping the price.
2014 is not repeating, we have moved on a fair bit since then I think.   We have a possible protocol change to Bitcoin coming August I think it is.   Any doubt and uncertainity will bring the price in but so far this isnt as harsh as it could be.   Not by crypto standards is this really a hard sell off, its times like this to look at it holding up relatively strong I think.

I would match Blackcoin pricing similar to end of May.  Very apparent negative sentiment but as then now possible for it to bottom out and rise, the reason being we are on the outside of a negative trend not the underside (we topped end of June and were already set to resolve a pullback before btc itself retracted).  Anyway I'm willing to test my chart theory some

I have no panic at all, everyone who's longer in cryptos knows these graphs. They always look the same and they are also basically the same for every crypto (in regard to their level). The dev team is still here and others are also still contributing to the project. I see the current drop as an opportunity to buy more coins, knowing that the higher prices will return.
Cheesy  so , where and when rat4 comeback
does he finish he own (real world) things?
if anything we can help  , please reply let our know !
Community is family !

rat4 is never coming back because his name is DrDolittle now, and he has been posting here recently that he's working on PoS v5
DrDolittle = rat4 = head-dev
Activity: 26
Just've noticed that volume in China is 3 times bigger than on Polo.

The volume is higher and BLK is 1-2k sats higher on the Chinese exchanges.

price dump?
Pages:
Jump to: