Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 73. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Can someone help me with this problem. My wallet sticks after syncing a while. I have tried 1.2.4 and LoreQT and on different computers.

Have you tried the bootstrap?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/6b3imq/blackcoin_bootstrapdat_up_to_block_1631800/
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Can someone help me with this problem. My wallet sticks after syncing a while. I have tried 1.2.4 and LoreQT and on different computers.
Activity: 187
Merit: 20
@Rat4
Does Blackcoin have BIP65 and OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY?I`m trying to make a list of coins what can be traded on Blocknet DX  decentralized exchange.If Blackcoin has BIP65,it can be traded on DX.
Cheers!

This would really be great, help getting rid of the weight on the price from polonimads
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
@Rat4
Does Blackcoin have BIP65 and OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY?I`m trying to make a list of coins what can be traded on Blocknet DX  decentralized exchange.If Blackcoin has BIP65,it can be traded on DX.
Cheers!
I'm working on v5  Wink

Some progress there... It needs accounts, as opposed to UTXOs.
But there's a difficult question: UTXOs and accounts, or only accounts?

I like the UTXO system but am not familiar with accounts system.

This seems like a pretty good explaination:

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Design-Rationale#accounts-and-not-utxos
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
I'm working on v5  Wink

I like the UTXO system but am not familiar with accounts system.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon
I’ve created a simple Haskell application that lists burnt coins (in particular those created using the recently introduced “burn” command). It is named burnt-explorer and theoretically should work also with other Bitcoin-derived cryptocurrencies, though currently the blackcoind binary name is hard-coded.

Using that tool, I’ve performed an analysis of blocks 1 to 1697894.
Activity: 145
Merit: 132
What is the expected date of LN activation?

29.05.2016 ;P

here it is.. https://github.com/janko33bd/thunder/tree/black-lightning

and as other said, it's not needed, but as you see above possible..
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Blackcoin already scales way beyond what Bitcoin has. Guaranteed blocks ever 1 minute and 11 seconds prevents any  congestion. Another upside of Proof of Stake.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
LN for Blackcoin Ive not heard that, its already fast and has capacity still.  Shame if that idea is not feasible anyhow, a quick skim of that article I guess the very uneven coin distribution is true and a problem if its p2p which relys on equality of a common asset shared?

I was trying to set Lore on a vista install.   Ideally I would nuke this particular machine from orbit anyhow but I didnt get it working, is anyone on vista with lore just wondered

Can I mine this or only POS now?

Its been stake only for more then a few years.   What you can do is mine these other alt coins and swap them to blackcoin on an exchange.  Just recently the price came back a bit, that should be quite reasonable strategy to build up a holding if you want and hopefully you can choose what ever protocol is more profit for your hardware brand.
    If you want I can direct you to an auto switching pool site, been open for a very long time and seems to be pretty good management and they just put you onto the best coin while you are afk.  

This article makes some good arguments against the lightning network:

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800

The main reason it seems like a good idea for bitcoin is because an increase in block size would lead to greater centralization anyway, due to the increased hard drive space requirements to run a full client.

Running a Bitcoin node feels altruistic, so the greater the burden (space requirement) the fewer users will download and run full clients.

Blackcoin users are rewarded for running nodes through staking. For people who get paid for running full clients it doesn't feel unreasonable to have a dedicated raspberry pi and hdd solely for Blackcoin.

I'm not sure lightning network is as good a fit for Proof of Stake coins as Proof of Work ones.
Activity: 10
After reading about the issue of address reuse I think it wouldn't be that bad if accounts were used more (with different addresses). If you mean the same type of accounts here.

Account is a reusable address with its downsides.

Yeah that's what I thought, so you'd need to have to generate new accounts frequently to prevent address reuse. Maybe an approach for PoS v5 that's more "under the hood" and doesn't bother users too much (because users will do mistakes) is the better way
After reading about the issue of address reuse I think it wouldn't be that bad if accounts were used more (with different addresses). If you mean the same type of accounts here.

is it this?
https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Design-Rationale#accounts-and-not-utxos
Activity: 24
Merit: 1

I'm working on v5  Wink

After reading about the issue of address reuse I think it wouldn't be that bad if accounts were used more (with different addresses). If you mean the same type of accounts here. But then it also has to have some kind of usability, so having that - what ever - running in the background would probably preferrable.

Btw great seeing you active and alife!
I'm working on v5  Wink

Simple  Tongue, so only accounts!
Pages:
Jump to: