Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] breadwallet, first bitcoin network client for iOS, first BIP32 SPV client - page 2. (Read 29484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
1,000,000 bits = 1 btc

I know, but my mind simply cannot get around converting this amount on the fly, or simply thinking in bits.

You're definitely not the only one, we get a lot of complaints about this. People hate changing from what they are already used to. This is why it's so important to make the switch now while bitcoin is still small. The more it grows the more painful it will be to switch the standard denomination.

Yes, you are right. It won't bother me much if we eventually switch to bits, although I still think BTC is way easier. Maybe simply because when I started looking at Bitcoin there were no "bits" or "milibtc"...
Activity: 115
Merit: 19
Also we want to help the bitcoin community move to bits from full btc, to help grow bitcoin adoption. Large parts of the world population can't deal with arbitrary precision decimal numbers, and the sooner we switch the less painful the switch will be.

I've been on Bitcoin for quite some time and I still get confused with the bits terminology, full Bitcoin just seems so much easier to understand... But I guess that's only me Cheesy

1,000,000 bits = 1 btc

You're definitely not the only one, we get a lot of complaints about this. People hate changing from what they are already used to. This is why it's so important to make the switch now while bitcoin is still small. The more it grows the more painful it will be to switch the standard denomination.
legendary
Also we want to help the bitcoin community move to bits from full btc, to help grow bitcoin adoption. Large parts of the world population can't deal with arbitrary precision decimal numbers, and the sooner we switch the less painful the switch will be.

I've been on Bitcoin for quite some time and I still get confused with the bits terminology, full Bitcoin just seems so much easier to understand... But I guess that's only me Cheesy
is there a possibility to use bip44 for acchount organzition and change the format of bitcoins? (to default instead of bitcents)

We use the default bip32 path (m/0H/0 and m/0H/1)

Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
is there a possibility to use bip44 for acchount organzition and change the format of bitcoins? (to default instead of bitcents)
is there any plans to allow breadwallet to connect to a trusted peer?  for example can i get it to only connect to my node at home?

At the moment you have to build the app yourself to do that, but we may enable it through a bread: url request (with user authorization to avoid an attacker setting it)
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
is there any plans to allow breadwallet to connect to a trusted peer?  for example can i get it to only connect to my node at home?
Hi,

Is this the correct thread for asking about issues with the Android version of Breadwallet? There was another thread announcing the arrival of Breadwallet on the Play Store... but the OP doesn't seem to be reading it, so I'm not sure if it is actively monitored.

I've run into a couple of issues and was just wanting to know where I should send my concerns?

This is definitely the correct thread, as it is the main thread for the app...

The dev comes here regularly, but lately he's been asking to send bug reports or similar to support [at] breadwallet.com

I'd post here and send an email if I was you.

For support you can contact [email protected], or if you're pretty sure it's an app issue, we use github issue tracking. https://github.com/breadwallet/breadwallet-android/issues
legendary
Hi,

Is this the correct thread for asking about issues with the Android version of Breadwallet? There was another thread announcing the arrival of Breadwallet on the Play Store... but the OP doesn't seem to be reading it, so I'm not sure if it is actively monitored.

I've run into a couple of issues and was just wanting to know where I should send my concerns?

This is definitely the correct thread, as it is the main thread for the app...

The dev comes here regularly, but lately he's been asking to send bug reports or similar to support [at] breadwallet.com

I'd post here and send an email if I was you.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
Hi,

Yeah, seems very convenient to IOS devices since android has many wallets to choose from. The specs are good, seems easy to use and user friendly. Now, another bitcoin wallet on IOS to choose from. Awesome app Smiley

I like to think we're the original, since we've been one of the most popular since apple started letting bitcoin wallets in the app store, and the only one that isn't server-trusting. Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
And finally, a nice wallet with a Watch app! Thanks you! Smiley The app is pretty interesting, seems to be well made just like the iOS one. I've seen an "early access" option on the update changelog, but I can't seem to see how to activate it...

Since the legacy fincnial system is provincial and divided, we currently only show the early access program option when we have a service ready for beta testing that is available in your region. (determined by IP address) For instance, USD Bitcoin exchange. We will eventually have bitcoin based services available globally that are not dependent on the patchwork of legacy currencies and payment networks.

So we'll eventually be able to sell/buy Bitcoin via the app? That sounds good...

Yeah, seems very convenient to IOS devices since android has many wallets to choose from. The specs are good, seems easy to use and user friendly. Now, another bitcoin wallet on IOS to choose from. Awesome app Smiley
legendary
And finally, a nice wallet with a Watch app! Thanks you! Smiley The app is pretty interesting, seems to be well made just like the iOS one. I've seen an "early access" option on the update changelog, but I can't seem to see how to activate it...

Since the legacy fincnial system is provincial and divided, we currently only show the early access program option when we have a service ready for beta testing that is available in your region. (determined by IP address) For instance, USD Bitcoin exchange. We will eventually have bitcoin based services available globally that are not dependent on the patchwork of legacy currencies and payment networks.

So we'll eventually be able to sell/buy Bitcoin via the app? That sounds good...

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Does anyone knows how can I completely uninstall breadwallet? Somehow I wrote a wrong word from the seed and I'm not able to create another wallet. Tried uninstall/reinstall, but I still have my old history active.

On settings, press create/recover another wallet. You can then start fresh.

I know that already, but in order to create another wallet I need to enter the wallet's recovery phrase and I have one wrong word and I'm not able to delete my current wallet Smiley

Edit: Ok I'm silly. I found the "recovery phrase" option in settings. Job done!
legendary
Does anyone knows how can I completely uninstall breadwallet? Somehow I wrote a wrong word from the seed and I'm not able to create another wallet. Tried uninstall/reinstall, but I still have my old history active.

On settings, press create/recover another wallet. You can then start fresh.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
Warning screen looks messed-up on iP5s (iOS8.4.1).
It's hard to read everything...

http://i.imgur.com/AQu6vjO.png

legendary
I've got pretty fast internet (75mbps) and despite this rescanning the blockchain is taking hours. Any fix for this?

Is your app updated? Rescanning time shouldn't take that long with the most recent versions (it never took me that much with any version, but the most recent ones improved sync time). If it is, maybe try to reinstall it.

How many addresses do you have? The more you have, the more it takes to rescan...
I've sent and received quite a lot so too many addresses could be the case. Any way I can reset it without deleting the wallet?

That's probably your answer. I've already changed seed once, because my previous one was getting quite crowded and taking a lot of time to resumo scanning from the last point. I don't know if there is a way to prevent this issue in such an app.

You can reset your wallet by starting with another seed on the settings menu. Do not forget to backup your seed first.
Pages:
Jump to: