Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] breadwallet, first bitcoin network client for iOS, first BIP32 SPV client - page 5. (Read 29473 times)

legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
I've made other experiences.
I had to wait 2-3 Blocks until my transaction was confirmed.
Wanted to sell some bitcoins, we had to wait about 2 hours in a local starbucks. Wasn't that funny Cheesy
Done a bunch of local trades.  Initially, I wanted to wait for a confirmation when I started.

But now, once it hits the blockchain unconfirmed and there is no double spend detected, that is good enough for me.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
A relevant info for this thread, regarding current talk about BIP's and big blocks: https://twitter.com/breadwalletapp/status/636548340595843072
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
I've made other experiences.
I had to wait 2-3 Blocks until my transaction was confirmed.
Wanted to sell some bitcoins, we had to wait about 2 hours in a local starbucks. Wasn't that funny Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have the 0.5.2 version installed and during the coinwallet.eu stress test period I had no problems or delays to send BTC from my wallet to others, so far, with the tx fees calculated by the Bread Wallet. I also like how the wallet automatically subtract tx fees when i transfer the entire balance or if the balance after the transfer amount you enter is lower than the needed tx fees the wallet adjusts the amounts automatically for you.
Worked as usual even in stress test times.
legendary
Just wanted to give some feedback for this last update. The notification center widget is just amazing! Pretty handy and works perfectly, thank you.

+1 ... Widget is really awesome!

BTW: How is lock-screen notification suppose to look like?

I only get badge number on top of breadwallet icon even though "Show on Lock Screen" is turned on. I never get any breadwallet message on lock screen.

Can someone make a screenshot? Any idea what am i missing?

I remember seeing something related to notifications for receiving funds on a previous update, but the behavior I've seen in every iOS device is just a badge, really, so I think it's default. Since my online wallet has only spare change all the time (I don't use it that much), I never really bothered, but since we're talking about that, it would be nice to know more about it. I also have the same behavior as you, everything on, but only a badge on the app appears.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
Just wanted to give some feedback for this last update. The notification center widget is just amazing! Pretty handy and works perfectly, thank you.

+1 ... Widget is really awesome!

BTW: How is lock-screen notification suppose to look like?

I only get badge number on top of breadwallet icon even though "Show on Lock Screen" is turned on. I never get any breadwallet message on lock screen.

Can someone make a screenshot? Any idea what am i missing?
legendary
Thanks for developing this awesome wallet!

I started using the wallet and it provides the best user experience that i have seen so far in BTC wallets.

As i understand the wallet each time it receives or sends bitcoins creates a new address. Can we use a previous address created by the wallet to receive bitcoins if a new one has created ?

Yes, you can reuse addresses, although that's not recommended. If you receive further payments to "old" addresses, you will still receive the funds, of course.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Thanks for developing this awesome wallet!

I started using the wallet and it provides the best user experience that i have seen so far in BTC wallets.

As i understand the wallet each time it receives or sends bitcoins creates a new address. Can we use a previous address created by the wallet to receive bitcoins if a new one has created ?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Started using this wallet today, so far so good. Nice, clean, easy and simple  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I tried to import a private key and that "import" (sending from old address to my bread wallet) was never confirmed. So I had to send it manually. This was caused by very low fees. It would be very, very great if user could set fees manually.

I've chosen to move to CoPay for now until we can choose from a higher priority fee structure (50, 100, or 500 bits per KB).

As soon as something similar is built into Breadwallet I'll be using it as a primary mobile wallet again!
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
I tried to import a private key and that "import" (sending from old address to my bread wallet) was never confirmed. So I had to send it manually. This was caused by very low fees. It would be very, very great if user could set fees manually.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Does Breadwallet support signed messages? I've searched around and it doesn't look like it supports this feature.

I really like Breadwallet, but I have to make a purchase today that requires an additional signed message. I guess I have to use a different wallet for this purchase.

Maybe the signed message feature could be added as an x-callback-url? Although that could get complex because the message would probably have to be URL encoded in order to work.

No, it doesn't support signed messages. You have to import your seed to MultiBit HD to sign a message from an address in your seed. Do this in a secure computer. Import the seed, send your funds to a new one on breadwallet (or send your funds elsewhere before importing your seed) and sign the message.

It would be interesting to have signing messages capability. But I don't see this as an essential or even needed feature on a mobile wallet of any kind.

Thanks for the response. I already have another wallet, so I'll use that one.

I agree that in general message signing is not needed for a mobile wallet. This is an unusual circumstance where the seller requires a signed message. Very rare in my experience.
legendary
Does Breadwallet support signed messages? I've searched around and it doesn't look like it supports this feature.

I really like Breadwallet, but I have to make a purchase today that requires an additional signed message. I guess I have to use a different wallet for this purchase.

Maybe the signed message feature could be added as an x-callback-url? Although that could get complex because the message would probably have to be URL encoded in order to work.

No, it doesn't support signed messages. You have to import your seed to MultiBit HD to sign a message from an address in your seed. Do this in a secure computer. Import the seed, send your funds to a new one on breadwallet (or send your funds elsewhere before importing your seed) and sign the message.

It would be interesting to have signing messages capability. But I don't see this as an essential or even needed feature on a mobile wallet of any kind.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

legendary

Thanks for the update Smiley I don't think you're competing with anyone. Your Bitcoin client is simply another league Wink So you are free to think out of the box and simply ignore competition.

Thanks for the compliment. It's going to keep getting better. We don't worry too much about other bitcoin wallets, although frequently there are some great elements we take inspiration from. Our real competitors are guys like square and venmo, the next generation of user experience focused fintech startups. Sort of like how tesla doesn't compete against other electric car companies, they compete against mercedes and bmw. At least that's what we're striving for.

Good to see you agree with me and see your own work how it deserves to be seen Wink Keep it up and thank you.
Activity: 115
Merit: 19

Thanks for the update Smiley I don't think you're competing with anyone. Your Bitcoin client is simply another league Wink So you are free to think out of the box and simply ignore competition.

Thanks for the compliment. It's going to keep getting better. We don't worry too much about other bitcoin wallets, although frequently there are some great elements we take inspiration from. Our real competitors are guys like square and venmo, the next generation of user experience focused fintech startups. Sort of like how tesla doesn't compete against other electric car companies, they compete against mercedes and bmw. At least that's what we're striving for.
legendary
Did I understood right? Wallet is saved locally on my phone?

I'm still searching for a good iOS wallet and I'm tired of blockchain wallet. Don't want an online wallet.

The seed stays in your phone, protected by passcode or Touch ID. Transactions are signed in your phone, and the client is an SPV one. I hope this answers your question Smiley This wallet doesn't depend on third parties as much as others, that's why I use it... It's also the easiest one to use, with and interface that's both practical and nicely done.

Since I'm here... Is any update with user controlled fees in the works?

Update is being prepared now. No user controlled fees, but improved automatic fee calculation. Other payment systems don't have priority settings, and that's what we're competing with.

Why not allow for user controlled fees as well? There are many use cases where this would be helpful

We may at some point release a power user tool for bitcoin nerds, but breadwallet is designed around the elegantly simple experience of sending and receiving.

Extreme security, financial privacy, no servers to ever go down, no passwords to forget, no confusing settings to worry about, all this is baked in and it just works.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

I'm still searching for a good iOS wallet and I'm tired of blockchain wallet. Don't want an online wallet.

The seed stays in your phone, protected by passcode or Touch ID. Transactions are signed in your phone, and the client is an SPV one. I hope this answers your question Smiley This wallet doesn't depend on third parties as much as others, that's why I use it... It's also the easiest one to use, with and interface that's both practical and nicely done.

Update is being prepared now. No user controlled fees, but improved automatic fee calculation. Other payment systems don't have priority settings, and that's what we're competing with.

Why not allow for user controlled fees as well? There are many use cases where this would be helpful

Pages:
Jump to: