Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BTCtalkcoin [TALK] - Pure POS - Multipool Ready! - AirDrop Has Arrived - page 82. (Read 192241 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Most release the kraken

pos is working we are at 11562
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
How many confirms are needed for transfers anyway?  At this rate a transfer might take a couple of weeks.
markets are moving, time to make some noice!!!  200 stats
Activity: 182
BCC/BTC  +2141.6%

Grin Grin Grin

lets see who wants to dump their coins now lol!

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
dont dump your coins let it re-back to 800sats and more Kiss
Activity: 106
BCC/BTC  +2141.6%

Grin Grin Grin

Activity: 139
Astrum
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
http://107.170.153.128/BCC/public/index.php

Greeting from Pool of Ponors...

Saddly Transactions so far are making 1 confirm every hour.. at least in our wallets... (pools wallet too)
So even if we make them manualy.. thely will take long.

Hope POS kicks in .. and things will be faster..
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

You don't have to leave your computer on for 24 hours with the wallet open for staking to occur. As long as you have coins in the wallet that meet the minimum stake age of at least 1 day and less than 180 days, the coins will begin staking automatically once you have sufficient stake weight (a combination of number of coins eligible to staked and the number of days since the coins were last staked). You just need to leave the wallet open and unlocked every so often so that staking can occur. The higher the coins stake weight, the more likely staking will occur and the longer the coins take before staking, the more accrued interest you will receive up to the 15% yearly amount.

Haaaaa.... you are taking all the fun out of this unique experience...

The anticipation of getting gifts at Xmas is always more fun than to receive them....

Ok then, let's listen to Vann and shut down ALL our wallets, and wait a couple of days to see if Santa came!

I wanted to be clear on how PoS works for the wallet. Leaving your computer on 24/7 with the wallet open and unlocked is a security risk that many people don't want to take.

I know, but some people don't even have their wallets encrypted in the first place.... Why not have fun with those negligent miners first?

Even if you steel an "unlocked" but encrypted  wallet, it doesn't give you access to its content.

Leaving the wallet open and unlocked is a security risk because you can steal the coins by sending them to another address. The MintCoin wallet has a security feature enabled by default which allows you to only unlock the wallet for staking, hopefully more PoS wallets will begin using it as well.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
any features for BCC ? what can stop me from selling right now ?

Don't stop, I am going to buy some.
Activity: 62
POS work i have some coin mined, but i have 14 confimations since 8 hours
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
any features for BCC ? what can stop me from selling right now ?
Activity: 851
Merit: 556
last 10 block !!!

Ok guys at 107.170.153.128 and dedicatedpool.com - you can go home now.  The last POW Block, #11547 has been found.  Move along...

Let's see now if the new BCC POS network can generate the next POS block... make sure you unlock your wallets!

I guess we will have to wait 24h for that.... the minimum POS time is 1 day.

Suspense!  Cool  No blocks generated for the next 24h - no possibility of transferring BCC from the pools to your wallets, or to the exchange, no more block confirmations for the next 24h - I just love it!

ok this is my first POS can you point me a good tuto to unlock the wallet?

Go to Help, Debug Window, type
Code:
walletpassphrase XXXXX 999999
where XXXXX is your wallet password, and 99999 is the number of seconds that you want your wallet to be unlocked

PS: make sure that your PC is not set to go to sleep... The wallet has to be ON for at least 24h, with some BCC in the wallet to get POS.

Welcome to the new world of POS!   Cool

You don't have to leave your computer on for 24 hours with the wallet open for staking to occur. As long as you have coins in the wallet that meet the minimum stake age of at least 1 day and less than 180 days, the coins will begin staking automatically once you have sufficient stake weight (a combination of number of coins eligible to staked and the number of days since the coins were last staked). You just need to leave the wallet open and unlocked every so often so that staking can occur. The higher the coins stake weight, the more likely staking will occur and the longer the coins take before staking, the more accrued interest you will receive up to the 15% yearly amount.

I checked the pools wallet, and i still see more than plenty of unconfirmed BCC.

To the BCCdev: When are these unconfirmed blocks getting confirmed?
Can you confirm what others said before, about it needing 24h for PoS kicking in?

*edit*:
Also i would like to add, that now also my windows wallet (Win7 64bit) is crashing, just like my linux wallet. Is this normal for that time?
Activity: 84
i restarted the wallet and for unknown reasons now it won't sync, its stuck at 11550 and it keeps saying out of sync in the overview.
anyone has a clue?
Activity: 112
PURE POS NOW! Enjoy the minting!
Activity: 214
Well, it'll give all the dumpers time to get it out of their system so the price can go up instead of being depressed around 40 satoshi each.

BCC shouldn't be that low. As far as I can see, there is only one problem with it. The wallet still aborts when loading blocks, at least it does for me with the github version. But that isn't a major problem. It would just require fixing the bug in the wallet and people's upgrading.

The PoW blocks should have stopped at 11547. Those currently mining are just wasting hash. Seems the PoS blocks are taking a while to kick in. The current block is only gone up by two over the last couple hours. I hope it doesn't mean the PoS is fubar like WhiteCoin! There aren't enough PoS blocks generated yet for the coins stuck on pools to confirm.
Thanks, I'll stop mining.
It's currently on block 11549 so it looks like POS is generating blocks. During the transition period from POW to POS, things move slowly. With AsiaCoin some people though that the block number was stuck at the end of POW but it eventually started to move when POS kicked in.
Pages:
Jump to: