Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com - page 56. (Read 160279 times)

Activity: 789
Merit: 500
This is serious technical stuff, I mean adding thing like this on top of the blockchain is ain't easy.
I which you best luck and if it's working with no hicups it could be a break through in the way to have fairness in mining...

Thank you. It is not as difficult as it sounds, implementation is fairly easy.  However, conducting enough testing to make sure the network remains stable is another issue. No one else has done it, because other developers are not interested in fair mining.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Bouzy, pls contact 1ex.trade to get listed there, thanks!

PM sent.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Mmmh can you develop a little bit for us about :

2. We will be introducing our new mining protocol that will make mining fair while also preventing someone from gaming the system.

Please?

POB will be part of the blockchain. Anyone using the same wallet.dat to mine on multiple machines will have orphans.

Also, each machine will be limited to mining one block every 40 minutes, this will be part of the protocol and will not be able to be bypassed. After a year of mining we know the average machine cannot mine more than 1 BYC every 40 minutes. This will allow miners with slower computers to compete with the faster computers on the network and make distribution more fair. However, the network will still remain stable as it is now.

This is serious technical stuff, I mean adding thing like this on top of the blockchain is ain't easy.
I which you best luck and if it's working with no hicups it could be a break through in the way to have fairness in mining...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Bouzy, pls contact 1ex.trade to get listed there, thanks!

2. We will be introducing our new mining protocol that will make mining fair while also preventing someone from gaming the system.

Please?

POB will be part of the blockchain. Anyone using the same wallet.dat to mine on multiple machines will have orphans.

Also, each machine will be limited to mining one block every 40 minutes, this will be part of the protocol and will not be able to be bypassed. After a year of mining we know the average machine cannot mine more than 1 BYC every 40 minutes. This will allow miners with slower computers to compete with the faster computers on the network and make distribution more fair. However, the network will still remain stable as it is now.
legendary
Activity: 1148

Please?
Here is a summary of the past 14 months of Bytecent development, and what you can expect over the next 6 months: http://byctalk.com/forums/topic/649/the-past-amp-future-of-bytecent/view/post_id/8061

If you have been a critic of Bytecent, or you have been sitting on the sidelines watching, I suggest you take the time to read it.
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
*Ahem* JJ *Ahem* Semi-distributed pool *Ahem*  Grin Grin Grin

I am more than willing to restart the pool, but the RPC functions required to make the pool work were removed from Bytecent wallet. I have had new and updated code ready to go for months, but it now appears that for some reason Bytecent feels the semi-distributed mining system is pointless.  
Congrats on the launch of 2.0, a nice way to start the year.  Grin

*Ahem* JJ *Ahem* Semi-distributed pool *Ahem*  Grin Grin Grin

Thank you. As for semi-distributed pool, it doesn't fit with the overall plan for Bytecent. As we begin to rollout new features and services, it will become more clear why the pool is no longer necessary. It was a good idea several month ago, but the pool no longer serves any purpose.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Congrats on the launch of 2.0, a nice way to start the year.  Grin

*Ahem* JJ *Ahem* Semi-distributed pool *Ahem*  Grin Grin Grin
Will the "getmininginfo" RPC function be included in the final version?

No, solo mining is fine the way it is.
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Will the "getmininginfo" RPC function be included in the final version?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141
Remember, if you discover bugs big or small, please report them here: http://byctalk.com/forums/18/bug-reports

May I do that here?
Just a small bug

Red inscription should better change to "Click stop to cancel mining" or something else.

And enother one - minimaze to the tray doesn't work (Windows 8 ).
Remember, if you discover bugs big or small, please report them here: http://byctalk.com/forums/18/bug-reports
Tomorrow we will be releasing the second Bytecent beta. The new version fixes sync issues and other various bugs.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
What about earning coin without mining just by having the wallet open? Is it active? It will come? Or you remove it with your bounty system?
If you are using Bytecent 2.0, please only use it for testing purpose during the beta testing phase. Do your production mining with 1.3 to make sure our network remains stable.
I created an entire forum topic for reporting bugs: http://byctalk.com/forums/18/bug-reports

Please report all bugs there.

Hi..i already write on byc talk about i couldnt write my password while transfering it...only numbers i could write...any suggestion?thx

Please repost your bug in the new section and I will answer there.
Pages:
Jump to: